Welcome, Guest

Installed 90 days...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installed 90 days... 1259 Views

Installed 90 days... 14 Jun 2010 19:02 #70587

• installed
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi,

I just want to thank all of you for all your support and suggestions. Starting my count today! Don't have much to say (it seems like everything has been said by others already). Anyway, will be back to update...

Regards.
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2010 06:01 by .

Re: Starting my 90 day count! Crossing my fingers. 14 Jun 2010 20:02 #70606

• aryehtahor
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Gold Boarder
You should have hazlacha, fellow Yid!
Last Edit: by .

Re: My 90 days! 15 Jun 2010 15:39 #70783

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
installed wrote on 15 Jun 2010 15:09:
... it was my first challenge and a real statement to throw it out.

Wow. You are amazing. Shkoiach!

I wonder who was setting up the challenge. Yeah, it MIGHT be the Y'H trying to put you off-track. OR, it could be Hashem HIMSELF sending you a message that He's on your side and right there with you. I mean, after all, what "coincidental" timing and what a merit that you could just toss it. Wow.

A coupla months ago, I had similar "coincidences" coming at me, left and right. One day I found myself suddenly facing . Whoa! I only had a second to act! I told myself the coincidence was just too bizarre and this trial CAN'T be coming from a good place. So I backed off. I still can't believe I did. And there were a couple of other "coincidental" tests like that, too. I think these were G-d's way of telling me He's on the journey with me.

When we look for G-d's loving hand (hashgacha pratis) all around our lives, I think we can find it. That's what makes the guys here so special. Like you. You're looking around and living a conscious life. It's gorgeous. Hatzlacha and bracha in your journey.

Re: My 90 days! 15 Jun 2010 16:01 #70788

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
if i were as eloquent as briut, i'd write something like that post too. but he sums it up really well. Great work, installed! Keep it up!

Re: My 90 days! 15 Jun 2010 23:00 #70889

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How are things going installed?

Re: My 90 days! 16 Jun 2010 16:15 #70995

• bardichev
welcome aboard

keep on truckin

no matter what

dont look back

keep your eyes on the prize

90 dyas here we come!!!!!!!

bards

Re: My 90 days! 18 Jun 2010 02:24 #71280

• oneday
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
installed wrote on 17 Jun 2010 02:01:

(I can't have a filter and it is useless for me because I know how to get around it easily) and will hope for the best. Thanks for all the support. [/i]

Install K9 filter!
By doing that you are still making an extra step to view the non-sense and might be able to pull yourself back.
You have nothing to lose by installing it.
A couple times yesterday, I typed in a site and it was blocked, the password was right in front of me, but I overcame it those couple of times just by having that little extra obstacle.
Luckily, now I flushed the password down the toilet! It can't hurt ya, give it a try.
Have a good Shabbos!

Re: Installed 90 days... 18 Jun 2010 12:06 #71308

• teshuvahilaah
  • Current streak: 63 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Reb Installed, I am glad to hear about how you're doing. Keep your head up and yasher ko'ach. Have a good Shabbos!!!!!

Re: Installed 90 days... 18 Jun 2010 13:04 #71314

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Brother!!! LOTR fan, vau. A nice one is in the III. part at the black gate. Hm, is it a classical scene already??? Aragorn cuts the head of the Saurons Mouth since he does not believe the words of folly! There still is hope!!!

I guess it's us, the guys here under - I got 1 day clean, so I can count myself in, ???  - that hope against all odds and win, day after day. May the Force be with you!!!

Re: Installed 90 days... 20 Jun 2010 04:45 #71436

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Installed, thanks for stopping by my thread and leaving such nice comments. It really means a lot to me that my thread in some way is of assistance to others.

I think your story is really inspirational and I can empathise with a lot of what you were saying. It sounds like you are taking the time to really work on yourself and take control of where you are heading - how many people have the fortitude to even admit they have a problem, let alone actually go about trying to correct that problem?! Your age is inconsequential, it's what you're doing now that counts!

You are certainly on the right track and if you continue to respond to temptations in the same way you responded to that untimely parcel that found its way to your door, I'm sure Hashem will grant you success in all your endeavours.

Just focus on taking it one day at a time and know that if you're ever really feeling the struggle then GYE is only one click away. We're here for you and everyone wants to see you succeed!

Looking forward to seeing you on the Wall of Honour.

Re: Installed 90 days... 23 Jun 2010 04:14 #71772

• Halevi
  • Fresh Boarder
That's only natural. It was certainly that way for me.

It's also part of the reason why it's so important to visit GYE everyday (at least early on). I found that by trawling through other people's threads and reading their stories, it motivated me to stay clean. Whether it be the disappointment expressed by somebody who's just had a fall or the sheer pride and joy of someone who has overcome another obstacle on the path to sobriety. Either way, as you've already realised, there is a lot to be learned here. It's a great way of keeping your focus and serves as a constant reminder of why you're here in the first place.

Re: Installed 90 days... 02 Jul 2010 03:20 #72791

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
installed wrote on 01 Jul 2010 20:59:
I'm currently traveling and I got myself into an impossible situation (not intentionally) and I'm REALLY messed up! [...] Please daven for me!

Look, I can hear you saying 'bizarre.' Even 'challenging.' But please don't use the word 'impossible.' Because if you stop and think about it, it's a lie. It's also not what you would choose to characterize it as being.

So, let's start over. You've got a challenging situation, that you didn't create on your own. It's gonna go on for a few more days. That's just current reality, from what you say. So, ok, whadya gonna do about it?

You could pay yourself $1 everytime you don't look (or whatever). You could burn your hand with a match everytime you do look (or whatever). You could envision your father Yaakov's face coming to you and saying don't sleep with your future mother-in-law (Aishes Potiphar; yuk). But whatever you do, you know YOU GOTTA JUST DO IT. Because you want this so much.

Probably more than I wanted it. Yet I'm still around to tell the tale. Sorta, maybe. Okay, yes, I'm still here.  WE ALL WANT TO HEAR GOOD REPORTS FROM YOU AT THE END OF THE WEEKEND. IN THE MEANTIME, I CAN DAVEN, INSTALLED BEN SARAH....

Re: Installed 90 days... 04 Jul 2010 17:38 #72988

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
woo whoooo. shkoiach.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes