Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just One More 1249 Views

Just One More 10 Jun 2010 21:17 #69961

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a chiddush this morning on the concept of one day at a time which maybe is obvious to you all.
The mephorshim explain that teshuva should mimic the form of the aveira.  For example, if you ran to to averios then run to do mitzvos, if you sinned with your money do mitzvos with your money, etc.
Well, I'm sure many of you are familiar with the phenomenom where we're looking or reading something we know we shouldn't and we tell ourselves okay just one more picture, video or story and then i'll stop.  After the second, third, fourth, etc. we keep on telling ourselves the same thing.  "Just One More."  Eventually, maybe fifty or hundred later we do stop.
Maybe we should try to use that same thinking in recovery as well.  You know it's hard to recover so will just stay clean for "Just One More" day (or if really hard hour) and then we'll stop, and just keeping on telling yourself the same thing after the second, third, fourth.  If we keep it up long enough, G-d will have to help us and we won't stop even at fifty or hundred. 
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2010 21:21 by .

Re: Just One More 10 Jun 2010 21:28 #69965

• bardichev
yuro jew

welcom aboard we have a chill zone called bardys pub it s a fine place

i reckon europe is a big place

and maybe you are a bit distant from london

so if we find a need to branch out to your corner of yuro lemme kno

keep on truckin

bards
Last Edit: by .

Re: Just One More 11 Jun 2010 01:28 #70017

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry I'm in the USA.  Its yurojew as in "your a jew" (so act like one) spelled wrong perhaps to invoke that european flair or to just remind myself that we all make mistakes.  Anyhow went to bardys yesterday and enjoyed the laugh.  Thanks for the well wishes.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes