Welcome, Guest

Please, please G-d may this be the first step...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 10020 Views

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 28 May 2010 16:52 #67325

• jamies
were all in this together (did not mean to quote High School Musical)!!!

i really feel such a connection with the whole gye family and id like to shout out a huge thankyou to everyone who helped me get to ....11 days tonight!!!!!

i cant belive it...i am going to have m,y first clean shabbos in like 3 years, its rather emotional and your the ones to thanks, from the depth of my heart thankyou..

everyone have an amazing shabbos and dov  thankyou for opening my eyes on this new perspective, i sent it to another person and one of my friends who i discuss with this alot, (on facebook private messaging)

truely guys, thankyou so much, every single tzadik here!!! (everyone) especially you!

shabbos!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 28 May 2010 19:56 #67366

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's a beautiful feeling - enjoy! Seeing you start your journey helps inspire me, too, and helps keep me going!

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 30 May 2010 17:09 #67560

• jamies
hi!
I NEED HELP!

cant belive today is 13!

im in a bit off a touch place now...

im feeling weaker than ever today and really want to fall, im not feeling clear at all and cant get myself today, its like my vision is blurreed and all i can think about is how i "miss" my old ways...

I NEED HELP

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 30 May 2010 18:08 #67568

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
check your inbox. i just messaged you. hopefully things will work out!

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 30 May 2010 21:21 #67633

• jamies
today was the hardest ever!

but as i was reading shlomos emails my laptop cut out because i unplugged the charger and the battery life is very short (chose not to replace it for obvious reasons)

BH so far i have stayed clear, going to sleep now but thanks for your support, feel like i wasted today watching alot of t, its a big Yeser hara, i wish i didnt have one!

but thanks guys for kleeping me clear!

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 01:12 #67661

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow - amazing! Go and make a party - buy yourself a piece of cake, or some other treat that you'll enjoy, and celebrate! Think about it, and realize that what you've done, what you're doing, is truly worth a celebration!

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 04:11 #67692

• Dov
  • Administrator
We had a TV too once. One day my wife called me at work and told me it had melted. Just like that, right on itself...miracle the house didn't burn down. It was a 'surgical strike' by HKB"H....yes, apparently He does have that kind of technology! Amazing.

So it has been almost ten years without a TV in the house and it's been great. Of course, the computer can be pretty bad but with K-9 on it and me not wanting to throw my life away by looking at crap, Hashem is let in this home to help us all out. Things are good, b'chasdo Hagodol, that is all I can say.

Be well.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 09:39 #67708

• jamies
i told my rabbi that im going to make a siyum if i reach fifty days, he asked if i can do it in his flat cos its a big zechus for it!!

but i pray i get that far, if yesterday became hard at around 5, todays still the morning and i can feel it already.... will it be like this forever?
i really dont know ifi have the strength to see another day through without my old evil 'comfort'

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 15:03 #67740

• SoHard,YetSoRewarding
I feel for you, Jamie. I'm on day 13 myself, and I can identify with all those feelings you described. What keeps me going is the trust that I have that it will NOT be like this always, and that's where the whole 90-day thing comes from.
Keep your chin up. You're feeling the exact same things those that are a couple of years clean -- like Dov, for instance -- felt when they first started out.
Hey, nobody said it's easy, but you can do it. If I can -- although I haven't yet -- so can you...

All the best,
Shmilu

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 15:22 #67755

• bardichev
JAMIE!!

WHEN I JOINED THE FORUM I SAW YKV SCHWARTS WAS AT 40 DAYS

40 DAYS WAS ME GOAL

90 WAS BEYOND THE HORIZON

SO DO WHAT I SAY

GO 1 HOUR AT A TIME

YES I SAID HOUR

SLOW MINI STEPS

AN HOUR IS DO-ABLE

ONE HOUR BECOMES2 4 8

AND BOOM THATS A WORK DAY

AND A WEEK

AND AMONTH

SOON YOU WILL BE DRINKING LAPHROIG IN YOUR RAVS HOUSE APRTMENT CONDO FLAT WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT

BARDS

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 15:51 #67775

• jamies
thanks bard!1

was just about to post how i cant take it anylonger and going to break it, but ill fight stronger than ever and do another hour... hope it will do

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 15:52 #67776

• jamies
it will mamash be a neis if i do today clean

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 16:00 #67783

• bardichev

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 16:38 #67824

• jamies
cheers mate!!

still finding it hard!!!

and getting worse, but everytime i fall i give ?10 to tzedaka so ive saved so much these 2 weeks so pherhaps ill treat myself!!

ill go to micha at 7 and then im revising with a friend untill 9 after maariv, then i may have some friends round to watch '24'.

i never knew i had such a strong addiction!!!

i know i should but if CV X100000000 i do break it i will be broken

i daven so hard that ill keep on going...

Last Edit: 31 May 2010 16:47 by .

Re: Please, please G-d may this be the first step... 31 May 2010 16:50 #67832

• bardichev
KEEP ON LORRYING!

OH HERE FROM THE BBC (BIG BEN CHIMES)
Lorry fire on M11 burns 17 tonnes of magazines 
A lorry carrying 17 tonnes of magazines has burst into flames on the M11, leading to a one-way closure of the motorway.

The vehicle caught fire at about 1100 BST and was under control an hour-and-a-half on Thursday. The magazines are believed to have been destroyed.

The motorway had been closed between junctions four and five into London but has now reopened.

The Highways Agency said motorists should avoid the area if possible.

A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: "It was an articulated lorry carrying paper which is believed to have caught fire.

"It was approximately 17 tonnes of magazines and it was very badly damaged.

"We had two fire engines and about 10 firefighters."

The flames were under control by 1242 BST.

Firefighters were unable to say why the lorry had ignited but an investigation is under way.

GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes