Welcome, Guest

It starts with one
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: It starts with one 14668 Views

Re: It starts with one 12 Aug 2010 07:02 #76446

• ToAdd
  • Platinum Boarder
Well done oneday!

Now you know it can be done. You do have the strength to do this.

Remember your victory, recall the memory often.
When you wake up, recall the memory of winning and tell youself you can do it again for one more day.
When you hear the shofar, thank Hashem for the clean day you had, it will inspire you for more.

It's YOU that won, not K9!
Last Edit: by .

Re: It starts with one 13 Aug 2010 03:52 #76492

• oneday
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Well today was interesting to say the least. I was clean until 2:00 around and I felt a very strong urge, I came on this site read a chizuk e-mail and then decided I must leave the computer whether I'm doing something appropriate or not. It worked. 5:00 comes, I fall. I ended up falling about an hour later also. Yesterday, I didn't really have any tests when I got day one. Day two I had 3 tests imo and I past 2. I'm happy I beat that first one, the other 2, whatever those aren't important. I want to focus on the victory which I don't know if I have left the computer like that before! I still am proud of myself for doing that!
Also;
Thanks for the words toadd!
K9 helps me win, he is on the battlefield with me, except I'm the captain and I still make the calls! The captain of me is Hashem, so ultimately he decides what happens!

Re: It starts with one 13 Aug 2010 22:55 #76512

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Got day one back in! Not a horrible end to this week. Being clean in 2 of 3 days! I'm getting there, the worst is behind b'ezras Hashem! Hopefully tomorrow I can build off of today!
I hope everyone has a good Shabbos!

Re: It starts with one 15 Aug 2010 03:16 #76521

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Well another day another win! That makes it two now! They say 'one mitzvah leads to another mitzvah' and the winning has been making me enjoy life more and I try to choose that every time I'm faced with the decision of falling or not. I don't tell myself anymore 'no you can't fall you need to stay clean' instead I say not now 'I don't feel like it, I don't want to go through all the trouble to find it, I'll do it later'. Delaying and being 'lazy' in this battle has really gotten me back on the right path.
I hope everyone has a successful week and that Hashem helps you guys in your battle, like how he has been helping me!

Re: It starts with one 17 Aug 2010 03:26 #76678

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
These last two days haven't been good. I took a couple steps back. Hopefully tomorrow I take three steps forwards! I'm going to be here no matter how long it takes. I will get to 90!

Re: It starts with one 17 Aug 2010 03:44 #76679

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
One step at a time my friends we dont want to trip and fall.

Re: It starts with one 18 Aug 2010 04:43 #76775

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Well today didn't really go as planned. I fell again and again. :'(
I was the news and heard about the guy who shoved a couple people out of the way of the 4 wheeler in Cali. desert. He killed himself but saved others. This made me think, where is my life going... am I going to be found dead doing something stupid or what? This gave me a lot of strength tonight to continue this fight as I don't want this battle to end with me losing. All I can do is wake up every morning and hope that Hashem will help me through the day. When this battle will end I don't know, but I can guarantee you that I will be fighting this even if I die fighting, I tried, I will never give up!

Re: It starts with one 18 Aug 2010 08:01 #76781

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you. I think also that one of the key purposes in life is to give to others. So thank you for the strength you show in admiting and rising to fight on. It gives me strength for today.

Re: It starts with one 19 Aug 2010 04:22 #76844

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm glad that you got some strength from me yehoshua! It really makes me post every night (well at least most!) that I might be giving other motivation to continue and if I don't win today maybe someone else can win today and I can/could help them!
Today was a pretty good day. I fell, but I fell only once... I didn't allow myself to fall again like the previous days! So that was good. Another good thing is that I kinda didn't care that I fell. I mean that I wasn't getting frustrated or anything, just chilled and said ok we'll try again tomorrow! I remembered what someone once said, why get all mad at yourself over this one fall and forget about all the others! Well hopefully I can keep a positive attitude in the darkest times!
One thing that really motivates me though is what my life will be after I win this war for the most part. I think my life right now is pretty good and stuff and have read that it only gets better when you're free of this. I can't wait to see what Hashem has in store for me later on in life and I still have the opportunity to live a great life as I'm still rather young!
May Hashem help me and everyone else win the battle tomorrow and forever and may Mashiach come bimheriah v'yameinu!

Re: It starts with one 20 Aug 2010 04:16 #76898

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
So at the beginning of this week, I thought that this was going to be the launching pad... the y''h had other plans. Although this week wasn't really what I wanted, I want to end this week like I started last saturday, with a win. Hopefully tomorrow will be day one and I will be that much closer to reaching my goal!
I hope that everyone has a good Shabbos!

Re: It starts with one 20 Aug 2010 08:48 #76913

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How do you fight the yh?

Re: It starts with one 20 Aug 2010 23:25 #76935

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a quick update before Shabbos. I got rid of facebook temporarily on my comp so I won't use it for any more wrong reasons. This is what has been stumbling me this week and now its gone. Hopefully next week which I will be gone tomorrow night, sunday, and wednesday so I have some freebies as I won't be home!
Have a good Shabbos!

Re: It starts with one 20 Aug 2010 23:26 #76936

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
yehoshua wrote on 20 Aug 2010 08:48:

How do you fight the yh?

Recently, I have been trying to avoid him as I haven't really even fought him in a while. I use to at least fight off before I fell, now I'm not even doing that! Hopefully my fight will come back into me!

Re: It starts with one 22 Aug 2010 05:03 #76957

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Touchdown! Day one is done. Yes, it was an easy won as I didn't have any real opportunities to fall, but you have to take the easy ones! Tomorrow, I will be gone the whole day so it looks like this week will get off to a good start!
Hatzlacha to all!

Re: It starts with one 23 Aug 2010 05:29 #77008

• ToAdd
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlacha to you my friend.
Always remember how good it is to win, but never forget that falling slows your progress down.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes