Welcome, Guest

It starts with one
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: It starts with one 14667 Views

Re: It starts with one 07 Jul 2010 03:05 #73234

• oneday
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Chaim wrote on 06 Jul 2010 14:55:

Tell me my friend - when you fell the second time in one day - what were you thinking?
"if I already fell then so be it...?

Maybe we could count half-days?
I see you're counting hours!

Keep strong and in touch. Report your fall at once, and get feedback.
even better - if you're feeling like a fall is coming - ask for help!
Noora bei Amram!

Pretty much... same old trick by the y"h! It's like you already fell once just enjoy (like its even much enjoyment in the long run!) today and tomorrow you can be clean again. I think by posting after a fall might help. I"ll try that if Heaven forbid I fall again.
Last Edit: by .

Re: It starts with one 07 Jul 2010 03:06 #73235

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Today was a good day... day one! I told myself that if I want to improve from last week, I can't fall gain, so I can't fall gain until next week. It worked. By delaying my y''h today, I stayed clean!

Re: It starts with one 08 Jul 2010 03:22 #73348

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Fell again and again today.  :'( I didn't follow through with my plan to post as soon as I have a fall. Oh well. I'm in a good mood still, so hopefully that can translate into success tomorrow. Good thing this week is that I haven't fallen two days in a row (hopefully I don't jinx myself!). Anyways I hope tomorrow Hashem halps me through and I can make tomorrow day one!

Re: It starts with one 08 Jul 2010 04:05 #73353

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
Dear One Day
Look at my post - we're in the same boat.
I can't believe that I am powerless!
So I have to let go and Let God take care of the fight.

Let's both try to stay real clean throughout the day. Not even to start tickling the Yezer.
I'm pulling for you!
It ws hard for me, but because I wrote you, I posted about my fall imediately.
When I fall down in the middle of the street with traffic around me - I am mad and sad. I want to just lay there and curse.
But it's dangerous to stay laying down.
Get up, and dust myself off, hobble over to the sidewalk.
And continue to live.
HaShem still and always loves you.

Re: It starts with one 09 Jul 2010 03:21 #73483

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Chaim thanks for the words!! The boat that we are both in is sailing towards freedom and Hashem is our captain!
Today was good... day one! 
I kept myself busy all day and it had a result.
Hopefully I can finish this week with two days clean!

Re: It starts with one 09 Jul 2010 21:21 #73578

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh well dropped the ball today, but only once. This week I didn't fall in 2 consecutive days and I think the end is very near! Have a Good Shabbos all!

Re: It starts with one 10 Jul 2010 21:26 #73594

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
Dear ISWO,

I'm glad you posted right away.

What do you feel like reight BEFORE you're about to drop the ball?
What is it about your struggle that's similar to the sprot you're thinking about? (football?  basketball?)
Is the fall during the same time period of the day in similar situations?
Keep alert and away from nisayon!
Be strong

Re: It starts with one 11 Jul 2010 04:17 #73604

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Chaim wrote on 10 Jul 2010 21:26:

Dear ISWO,

I'm glad you posted right away.

What do you feel like reight BEFORE you're about to drop the ball?
What is it about your struggle that's similar to the sprot you're thinking about? (football?  basketball?)
Is the fall during the same time period of the day in similar situations?
Keep alert and away from nisayon!
Be strong

Falls happen anytime except for the night usually. I don't know anymore, my y"h won't go away. It's like I almost have to do it and 'enjoy' myself. The y''h is tricky, but b'ezras Hashem I will outtrick him! Usually I''ll see a 'suggestive' image and thats how it goes downhill... that is the normal trigger!
Tonight I fought it and all and it overcame me. Tonight, I fell because I didn't give over the fight to Hashem like I started to do last week! It's alright the y"h might have won this battle, but I'm going to win the war!

Re: It starts with one 11 Jul 2010 22:39 #73683

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Just when I thought the sun was coming up it started to rain. I fell again.  :'( Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow and destroy the y''h during the nine days. There isn't much joy on the 9 days, but hopefully I can get joy from getting a winning streak going again!

Re: It starts with one 12 Jul 2010 03:06 #73693

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Really hate to say this, but I have to face the shame of posting again. I fell again and it was a long fall. Usually my falls are at most 15 minutes. This one lasted like 1 and a half hours. After this, I am more determined than ever to put these past three days behind and be clean tomorrow. The y''h better watch out tomorrow...

Re: It starts with one 12 Jul 2010 07:16 #73709

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey

Maybe go through the handbooks again or always keep a 12-steps-little-paper in your pocket, anyway I think You can and will do it. Hey, what is a day. He can take away the defects of character away  :'( (I am thinking it's all right to cry.) Even though there are many defects of character, He removes them every time 

Your friend in the battle for one day,
Yehoshua

Re: It starts with one 12 Jul 2010 16:43 #73759

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
I admire your courage in posting again after a fall.
THe gyes - want to be a part of your struggle. So keep us posted.

What is the feeling like after you post? Strong?
Yes you have strength and can keep clean, one day at a time

Be ALIVE

Re: It starts with one 12 Jul 2010 17:25 #73761

• yedid_nefesh
Hey there

Im a 15 yr old and I recently joined - I thought I was the only youngster around but I guess Im wrong. Reading Your story now that I think about it is almost identical to mine. I also thought all these guys around me are so weak and how can they do such aveiros, and look here I am. So keep on fighting and remember Hashem is with you, and so are we all - dont depair!!!!!

Re: It starts with one 12 Jul 2010 21:17 #73802

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Everyone thanks for the words! Too bad I didn't read 'em before I fell. Of course the y''h kept me away from this site.
It's alright though as I'm feeling pretty good right now, as I was just to fall again, but I though of you guys and how it would still be an improvement from yesterday even if I fell today. I came to the site and bam the y''h leaves me alone for now!
Anyways as someone said on gye once "So I fell again, why should I cry about this one and forget about the others" (something like that). I'm just going to try it cool the rest of the night and b'ezras Hashem 'Day One' is starting right now!
Hatzlacha to all, I would be in quicksand if it weren't for you guys and this site!

Re: It starts with one 13 Jul 2010 14:06 #73864

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
.Maybe you could be especially careful during a limited time of the day, like atime when you KNOW that you are apt to fall.
I recently accepted on myself bli neder to be v. careful about any lusting from 6-8 pm - till rosh hashana - for the refuah of someone I know of.
This is a combination of Sur mera and Ase Tov.
what do you think?
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes