Welcome, Guest

It starts with one
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: It starts with one 14675 Views

Re: It starts with one 26 Oct 2010 23:24 #81554

• oneday
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Haven't been doing too well recently! I just want to go to Israel and take a 2 week break from this nonsense! Anyways, I will continue to push through no matter how long or hard this battle is!
Last Edit: by .

Re: It starts with one 01 Nov 2010 18:12 #82305

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Umm..Ya cant really take a break from the  nonsense. its always going to be there if nothing is done about it. Trust me I know about this firsthand with this issue and other issues. Take care of it now! Not by saying youre not going to do it but take some action!

If you have any questions you can PM me.

-Yiddle

Re: It starts with one 03 Nov 2010 21:22 #82762

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yiddle2 wrote on 01 Nov 2010 18:12:
Trust me I know about this firsthand with this issue
Yiddle, please watch your language . (I'm just joking; isn't some levity fun?)

Re: It starts with one 04 Nov 2010 03:51 #82833

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
These last two days I have been out of my house from like 8 a.m. until 1030 at night so I haven't really had much time to fall and I have been clean these past couple of days!

Re: It starts with one 04 Nov 2010 05:11 #82844

• dovekbashem
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
One day,

I am now following your journey as well. I am older than you - 22 - but I went through your struggle when I was your age. Unfortunately, I didn't take the amazing and inspiring actions that you are taking and I am trying to work through it now. We are both on Day 2. Let's climb together. Let me know when you are struggling, let me know when I can help. Feel free to PM me.

We hate this garbage and we never want to see it again, right? Let's grow together - to 90!

Re: It starts with one 08 Nov 2010 04:13 #83376

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow! I had a victory today. Sunday... a day that is normally the hardest for me and I can't even remember the last time I was clean on Sunday (not including vacations)!
I remembered an old trick that I learned here on this site and I used it to my full advantage.
It is a lot easier to push off the y''h than saying straight out no. Every time I had an urge I told myself not today, I can later though! I will hopefully be able to use this method tomorrow and Hashem gives me the strength again to get through another day CLEAN!

Re: It starts with one 08 Nov 2010 06:44 #83394

• dovekbashem
  • Expert Boarder
YES!

Oneday, I know the feeling when it comes to dreaded Sundays. But you did it! I am really really happy for you and your story is really helping me grow and stay strong. You really seem to have gotten the hang of it... keep telling the yetzer to wait until tomorrow. Eventually, he will get tired of waiting and he will just go home!

I'm also going through a rough patch. I have lots of stress and really need to focus on work. This is usually when the yetzer shows up and starts giving me excuses to give in "just this once". Not today, oneday. Not tomorrow. Never again!

Thank you for the chizuk. Just finished Day 6. We are climbing together.

Re: It starts with one 08 Nov 2010 15:26 #83437

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
I dont know... pushing off works until it doesnt. Its kind of like that guy in shul who deosnt turn his phone off and gets a call in the middle of Shemoneh Esrei. He oushes the 'end' button, but the phone is still on and the person just keeps calling back. Juts turn your phone off already! (sorry I get kind of intense when that actually happens in shul  :-X ). But really Oneday, just turn your phone off already! Dont let the Y'H have a direct connection with you. Dont pick up the phone when he calls and say "Call me back later, I'm in the middle of doign something." He WILL call you back. Either turn your phone off or put it on silent.

-Yiddle

Re: It starts with one 10 Nov 2010 01:39 #83890

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Yiddle, it's hard to say it, but you are right! He came back harder yesterday and today, and I lost. It's alright though, I just need to stay positive and I'll get where I want sooner or later.
I'm going to Israel next week, so I will be free of this schmutz for 10 days when I'm there!

Re: It starts with one 10 Nov 2010 01:47 #83891

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
dovekbashem wrote on 08 Nov 2010 06:44:

YES!

Oneday, I know the feeling when it comes to dreaded Sundays. But you did it! I am really really happy for you and your story is really helping me grow and stay strong. You really seem to have gotten the hang of it... keep telling the yetzer to wait until tomorrow. Eventually, he will get tired of waiting and he will just go home!

I'm also going through a rough patch. I have lots of stress and really need to focus on work. This is usually when the yetzer shows up and starts giving me excuses to give in "just this once". Not today, oneday. Not tomorrow. Never again!

Thank you for the chizuk. Just finished Day 6. We are climbing together.

Shkoyach! 6 days! We WILL win this battle together with the help of Hakodosh Baruch Hu!

Re: It starts with one 11 Nov 2010 04:31 #84179

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Today was a good day! I was able to react fast enough and not let the y'h slowly drag me to falling. Hashem really helped me today and I am very grateful!

Re: It starts with one 11 Nov 2010 22:17 #84464

• dovekbashem
  • Expert Boarder
Shkoach Oneday.

I love hearing about your success. Really, I am very happy for you and standing by you. As for me...I think I'm on day 10. We keep on trucking together/

Hatzlocha. Be in touch.

Re: It starts with one 14 Nov 2010 04:39 #84739

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes we are trucking along!
I have been clean these last few days! As Dov once said day # doesn't matter that much! Lets focus on just being clean today!
In a couple days I will be leaving for Eretz Yisroel and hopefully I can keep this winning streak going with Hashem's help!

Re: It starts with one 15 Nov 2010 04:00 #84894

• oneday
  • Fresh Boarder
I fell today, but it sure was a journey over these last 5 days! I haven't been clean this long in such a long time!
After I fell, I got back right up and thought, I did it once and now I can do it again!
Hatzlacha to all!

Re: It starts with one 15 Nov 2010 04:28 #84899

• dovekbashem
  • Expert Boarder
Perfect attitude, oneday!

We are all proud of your 5 days clean and we expect many many more!

Hatzlocha.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes