Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29159 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Jul 2009 19:34 #9018

Actually my internet has gone down so I can only connect on the school network. Not necessarily a bad thing for now...

Last Friday was day 1 (the second time) which means that if I make through today that will be day 8. So I'm one third of the way back to where I left off. Gotta go past it this time.
Last Edit: by 12345.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Jul 2009 21:13 #9020

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
If you make it through today, Shabbos is a freebie!  Try to make productive plans for Motzei Shabbos.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by chabadkooknik.

Re: Bruce's Battle 19 Jul 2009 06:10 #9040

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
Dear Eb Bruce
Do you really have to fix the internet?
How much time can you delay this possible temptation?

Maybe we can use our YH of laziness for some useful things?

Taking control, by delibratly putting it off is a way to gain strength.
The truth is  -  I don't need the net for as much as I think

Last Edit: by keepclimbing4.

Re: Bruce's Battle 19 Jul 2009 10:01 #9045

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Keep up the good work!

We created a new "automated" 90 Day Wall of Honor chart to make it easier for everyone (it is still under construction, but it is already functional).
Click here to see the new automated chart.

From now on, you can updated yourself manually. The chart automatically keeps track of how many days you are clean and what Level you are on, each time you update.

Here are the RULES for the new chart:
- You must update yourself at least once a week.
- If you do not update yourself for over a week, your name becomes RED.
- If you do not update for two weeks, your name falls off the chart.
(Even if you fall off the chart, your name remains in our database, so you can choose to go back on the chart by logging in with your username and password and pressing "edit profile" and then selecting "Put me on the chart").

To update yourself, click here to Login.
Type in your username: BruceWayne
The password for everyone on the chart is currently: GYE
(you can change your password by clicking "edit your profile" at the bottom)
To update the chart, choose "Still Clean" and then press "Update Chart"

We hope you enjoy this new feature. It is one of many new features that we are working on.
Please send us any remarks about the new system, or if you think something should be different or that we should add/change anything.

Keep strong!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2009 10:09 by .

Re: Bruce's Battle 19 Jul 2009 21:54 #9092

Chaim,

I live in house with other guys. I'm not taking the initiative to fix it. I'm leaving that to the guys in charge (I've only been there a few weeks)

Story time:

Thursday night (I think) I plugged in my phone to charge it. The outlet is right next to my bed. After I plugged it in I decided to just lie down there on my bed for a few minutes cause I was pretty tired. A few minutes later I heard something and it turned out that the phone charger had fallen out of the socket.

How annoying.

So when I reached down to get it I saw something move under the edge of the rug that my bed is on (the edge was turned up a bit). Turns out it was a nasty looking spider. So if my charger hadn't "randomly" fallen out then I never would have found that spider. I could could have made a good midnight snack for that guy.
I don't know if it was poisonous, but I didn't want him to stick around so I could find out.

Perhaps my internet didn't "randomly" go out either.

I'll let you guys decide. I don't know.

BTW, 9.
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2009 22:53 by irvinggardner.

Re: Bruce's Battle 19 Jul 2009 23:22 #9096

• Dov
  • Administrator
Brusky!
Go for "12"!! ;D ;D
(alright, I'll shut up already...)
Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by TorahTavlin26.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Jul 2009 02:25 #9097

I shall, good sir.
Last Edit: by faith.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Jul 2009 13:12 #9125

• the.guard
I don't know if it was poisonous, but I didn't want him to stick around so I could find out.

Perhaps my internet didn't "randomly" go out either.

When we "want" to start seeing Hashem in our lives more, He tends to start to "randomly" show up more  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by zseller09.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Jul 2009 13:58 #9136

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Bruce,

I hope that the only web that gives you any trouble is the one produced by that spider!  ;D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by AHC88.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Jul 2009 20:07 #9160

Guard,

That may be because we can always see what we want to see.
But, I'm playing Devil's Advocate again and that's not the point.

The point is: 10.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Bruce's Battle 21 Jul 2009 16:25 #9218

Point + 1 = 11
Last Edit: by netzochim.

Re: Bruce's Battle 21 Jul 2009 18:10 #9229

• the.guard
Go 12 Go!!

Dov is sure to congratulate you tomorrow!
Last Edit: by chaim345.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Jul 2009 16:16 #9359

Last Edit: by Mexican guy.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Jul 2009 19:41 #9384

• Dov
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 22 Jul 2009 16:16:

"Well done, Mr Wayne!"
                 - Alfred

"There will never be another day like this one
       never the same gift from Above
Sharing your freedom with everyone -
       no better way to appreciate His love!"
                 - adapted from S.E. on "im lo achshav" and Dh"M "ubesoch rabim ahal'lenhu"

"step on it"
                 - a pun attributed to someone who highly recommends the 12 steps...

Dear BruceWayne - No matter what happens tomorrow or what happenned yesterday, B"H we are here right now w/you, brother and celebrating the "present"!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009 22:04 by daveed.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Jul 2009 22:30 #9428

• the.guard
12? KUTGW!

"Dov, we just love you to pieces!"
                         - adapted from chapter 7 in the fourth version of the GYE handbook, page 62 paragraph 6, where it says "the fundamental secret to success" etc... until the bottom of the third paragraph where it says "and if you think".
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009 22:34 by avrxca.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes