Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29148 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 10 Jul 2009 08:08 #8503

• me
...Even with the K9 filter (I know a way around it...).

Bruce,

Now that you know a way aroung the k9, you must close up this loophole. Use your same knowledge on "how to go around it", and now close all open doors. BTW, I have tons of experience with k9, and it's weaknesses, If you want any help let me know.
Last Edit: by tmgilbert88.

Re: Bruce's Battle 10 Jul 2009 12:53 #8510

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
With tears in his eyes Noorah from the house of Amram lifts up his eyes and his hands heavenward and says "Almighty King of the Universe, see what kind of people your nation Israel is made up of, look at the yid called Bruce and London and "me" see how much holyness,pain and strength is in their striving to You. Please G-d in their holy merit reward the entire nation of Israel with Your closeness!Amein!"
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by benga.

Re: Bruce's Battle 10 Jul 2009 15:04 #8518

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Bruce,

It sounds like you've been building on your fall.  You need, instead, to have successes to build upon.

The Ribbono Shel Olam doesn't punish other people for our actions, but you can and should use this terrible occurrence as a wake up call, nonetheless.

I agree with "Me" - you must close the K9 loopholes, whatever it takes.

Bracha v'Hatzlacha!

A wonderful Shabbos to all!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by 123cantbelieve.

Re: Bruce's Battle 12 Jul 2009 06:13 #8542

I know it's not my fault, but that's how this addiction is. You feel guilty all the time, about EVERYTHING.
Good news though: it looks like he'll be OK. Just for the record, the report I initially received was in error. He was NOT stabbed, but he was still beaten badly enough to need surgery.

As for the k9: If I  know the loophole, then I can just open it later after I close it. What do I do?

And finally, today was day 2 on my way back up to 90. I hope to make it this time, but if I don't then I at least need to beat 21.
Last Edit: by arlog.

Re: Bruce's Battle 12 Jul 2009 09:40 #8554

• battleworn
Here's a little piece about not giving up after a fall: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=239.0
Last Edit: by schneur.

Re: Bruce's Battle 12 Jul 2009 13:11 #8565

• me
Bruce,

If you PM me about your loophole, I may be able to help you close it permanetely. But, don't share it here on the site for other loophole seekers like us.
Last Edit: by momof4.

Re: Bruce's Battle 12 Jul 2009 15:52 #8581

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Bruce,

If you cannot close the loophole on K9, I strongly suggest that you use another filter, such as Cybersitter.  I used it a number of years ago, and was not able to get around it.  It's not free like K9, but it's a very good investment.  As with all filters, you'll need to tweak the settings to close any loopholes that come up.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by woof.

Re: Bruce's Battle 14 Jul 2009 04:52 #8709

FOUR!
Last Edit: by yoel.

Re: Bruce's Battle 15 Jul 2009 13:16 #8826

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
Reb Bruce!
Tell us how you feel!

the main part is already over! You have decided to stay clean, and already have a chazaka of 3 days. Your level of strength and calm will only increase. Share, Share  - you are not alone.
The number you shout out is not enough for us to share in your burden. Your Yezer is mainly in your body and feelings, so keep those emotions in the tikun picture. If this would be only a matter of brains - we would have licked this sugya a long time ago!
Our "stupid" emotions are what is pulling us.
Looking to connect,
Chaim
Last Edit: by Purelife.

Re: Bruce's Battle 15 Jul 2009 21:16 #8896

• Dov
  • Administrator
Twelve!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by HashemLovesMe1994.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Jul 2009 02:37 #8908

I'm short on time so I can't really sit here and ramble about my feelings.

Also I'm not an emotional person at all. So it's not really my nature to "share my feelings"...but  I guess I can try a bit.

DOV:  I thought you vanished. And what does twelve mean? You fell? I thought you were basically invincible. I'm still trying to get up to your level but it will take a long time, if  it ever happens.

Last Edit: by .

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Jul 2009 03:18 #8911

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Bruce,

Only the Ribbono Shel Olam is invincible.  However, I think Dov may mean that he reached 12 years!  Is it true, Dov?  If so, first a tremendous Mazal Tov!  Second, what an honor for Bruce that you posted this amazing accomplishment on his page - and an encouragement for him to follow suit, one day at a time.
Last Edit: 16 Jul 2009 03:20 by bb52.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Jul 2009 03:23 #8913

I sure hope it means 12 years. That would fit the image of Dov in my head. 99.9% INVINCIBLE (cause only God is 100% invincible).
Last Edit: by igal.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Jul 2009 12:47 #8927

• Dov
  • Administrator
Gevalt! Chevra! I love you so much! The only guaranteed loser is the YH  - Hashem made it to lose! Lets not feel too sorry for it though, we all need to do our tachlis, no? So far, it seems to be doing a good job...but it has no YH, you know. May we always be winners, like Hashem - the only "real act in town"!
dov wrote on 15 Jul 2009 21:16:

Twelve!!

Dear BruceWayne - I just meant that you were counting the days at "FOUR!" (mazel Tov, BTW!) and reb Chaim pointed out that communicating what is going on inside you is more helpful to all of us than just "calling out" your days. I thought about his comment and decided if there was any number to call out, it'd be 12!, referring to the 12 steps. Zeh (=12) Hasha'ar Lashem, etc...that's all, heiligeh amigo.
PS. Hashem is still helping me remain sober today just like he helps everybody else and gratefully, my date has not changed. Who knows? Maybe this rosh chodesh m-Av I'll be granted make a lechayim w/the berdichever on another 1/2 anniversary?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by duvdevann.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Jul 2009 14:55 #8943

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
Dear Reb Juicy Brucey
I assume that your nickname is taken from someone who has a hidden identity - ready to bust out with power!

You don't have time to ramble - so you don't have time to lust (try that one out on the Yh - I don't have time now!)

But it is important to let your feelings out, and look at them with the help of your friends.
You could think before you get online about how you feel, and what you're going to post - and then your computer session will be quick.

Hoping to share and connect
Chaim
Last Edit: by aine-brera.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes