Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29155 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 08 Feb 2010 01:06 #51818

• Dov
  • Administrator
C'mon!
Isn't there somebody smart here?!!!
Help the man out!
:
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Bruce's Battle 08 Feb 2010 02:21 #51836

Speaking of computers:

In case no one has seen it in the Break Free section, I am proposing using Facebook as a tool to bring people to GYE.

Think about it (but please discuss it there).

Re: Bruce's Battle 08 Feb 2010 18:16 #51958

• Dov
  • Administrator
No. I want to discuss it here. Right here. On this thread.

No other thread - only this one.

Ha. So there.

I'm completely nuts. Perhaps I should sign up for yet another 3 week inpatient stint at the "Rage-atorium for crusty curmudgeons".

;D

Hi Brucey. Miss you and your math jokes and stuff. Hope your deal gets easier to bear and that you have hatzlocha in school and all other endeavors. G-d bless you!

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Bruce's Battle 08 Feb 2010 21:58 #52013

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
BruceWayne wrote on 08 Feb 2010 02:21:

Speaking of computers:

In case no one has seen it in the Break Free section, I am proposing using Facebook as a tool to bring people to GYE.

Think about it (but please discuss it there).
Try getting hold of Tomim2b. Hes pretty good at these things. Although i havent heard from him in ages!!!

Re: Bruce's Battle 09 Feb 2010 16:07 #52209

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just letting you know that I'm missing you, and hope to see you back soon!

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Feb 2010 23:06 #55523

Internet decided to start working again. Then my computer decided to download a virus that I can't get rid of. I haven't had time yet to engage in "operation overkill", which means that I'm still using school computers.

How irritating.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Feb 2010 23:52 #55533

• Dov
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 25 Feb 2010 23:06:

Internet decided to start working again. Then my computer decided to download a virus that I can't get rid of. I haven't had time yet to engage in "operation overkill", which means that I'm still using school computers.

How irritating.

Wow! Happy day! Nice to hear/see from you, BW! Howya doin? Do you check PMs?

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Feb 2010 07:49 #55592

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Hope you get rid of that virus quickly - we need you back here - we want to here lots of good news - and any news from you will be good news!

Re: Bruce's Battle 05 Mar 2010 15:45 #56515

Virus gone. Then I got one. One Purim. Then I had a horrible relapse following a fall. Oh, and I was almost killed by a crazy cab driver in the wee hours of the morning a few days ago.
And I'm having (almost) zero luck finding a job for next year. Nothing lined up yet.

Ever feel like the universe is just out to get you for no damn reason whatsoever?

I hate my life.

Re: Bruce's Battle 05 Mar 2010 15:51 #56517

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
But we love you - and so does hashem...

Re: Bruce's Battle 05 Mar 2010 19:59 #56584

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
For me, I thought the post could be abbreviated to:

"Internet started working again. HOW IRRITATING!"

We have become so dependent on the very thing which can kill us. It's scary. Not that I wasn't acting out BEFORE I had internet, but the ease of accessing the shmutz made the addiction much, much worse as time went on.

Bruce, I can imagine how lousy you feel. I haven't really been employed since April of '08. THAT HURTS. Had to fall back on freelance. Hope you find something soon.

Meanwhile, there MUST be some POSITIVE aspects to your life that you can concentrate on. There is STILL a lot of life to love, and I'm sure you have some of that. Maybe go volunteer in a hospital, rehab center or nursing home if you don't believe me. Thats' a surefire way to get one to start counting his BLESSINGS.

Kol Tuv, and have a GREAT SHABBOS!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Bruce's Battle 06 Mar 2010 18:02 #56590

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Ever feel like the universe is just out to get you for no damn reason whatsoever?

Ever see "The Secret"?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Bruce's Battle 08 Mar 2010 00:24 #56797

• Dov
  • Administrator
Ich veis nisht fun ah-"vairos".....really, hope your situation gets a lot easier and more productive. You have a lot of friends. I hope you are somehow making ends meet. Hatzlocha...you seem like a great guy, will some perv out there who is reading this post, and you know who you are, just hire this guy??

Re: Bruce's Battle 09 Mar 2010 02:35 #57074

But I don't know who said "perv" is.

Hmm...a perv working for a perv? Is that safe?

Re: Bruce's Battle 09 Mar 2010 18:39 #57162

• Dov
  • Administrator
Not really, but it's a living!
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes