Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29178 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Dec 2009 08:17 #35154

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
keep it up batboy. One day at a time. Before yous know it yous be way past 15 and laffin'.
Last Edit: by meirtt.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Dec 2009 06:32 #35363

imtrying25 wrote on 16 Dec 2009 08:17:

keep it up batboy.

But I don't play baseball.
Last Edit: by itsmech.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Dec 2009 07:25 #35367

• TrYiNg
GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!GoBruceGo!

Thats a nice wallpaper  NOw how do I put something ON it ??? ;D
Last Edit: by jew43.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 00:08 #35615

• Dov
  • Administrator
May Hashem grant you whatever the heck it is that you need to stop counting the days at all, both consciously and subconsciously, b'gilgul zeh ub'gilgul acher, bein b'shogeig, bein b'meizid, etc......

While He is busy doing that, may He also grant you and all of us whatever it is that we need to start making our days count.

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Anonymous1994.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 00:12 #35617

I don't plan on counting forever. I just need to count 90.
Last Edit: by naftal.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 00:15 #35621

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
BruceWayne wrote on 17 Dec 2009 06:32:

keep it up batboy.

Well i was gonna say batman but im not totally convinced your a man yet so i stayed with batboy :D ;D ;D :D
Last Edit: by zlavadatan12.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 00:16 #35622

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 18 Dec 2009 00:08:

May Hashem grant you whatever the heck it is that you need to stop counting the days at all, both consciously and subconsciously, b'gilgul zeh ub'gilgul acher, bein b'shogeig, bein b'meizid, etc......

While He is busy doing that, may He also grant you and all of us whatever it is that we need to start making our days count.

Hey Dovster. We only say hamapil when were going to sleep at night not during the day. Oh maybe it was a message that i should be getting my 2chis in bed.
Last Edit: by emmanuel1199.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 00:28 #35626

• Dov
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 18 Dec 2009 00:12:

I don't plan on counting forever. I just need to count 90.

1) No, just paraphrasing...stay up late and be tired like me. :

2) OK. Your business on the 90 days, I don't get it, whatever.
But how about at least not really seeing it as day 12, 13, 14, 15, etc. Imagine that you are counting backwards from your last day on this wierd planet. Say youve got another 23,725 days (another 65 years). Tomorrow morning you can count like this: "that's 23,724 days I have left to enjoy being clean!" Then Shabbos morning, "that's 23,723 days I've got to enjot being clean!". And just appreciate each day.
Think of it. If you ever get tp a meeting and state your "sobriety date" this way you'll get some eyes popping out, then some heads scratching...(like bilbo saying goodbye to the admirable hobbits, if you take my meaning)  
But I'm serious. It'd probably work for you, Batguy.  
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by yls600.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 03:54 #35668

considering my previous record is like 24, I want to prove to myself I can get 90. It's a challenge, and I'm a competitive guy. Don't worry, I'll resume not counting with day 91.imtrying25 wrote on 18 Dec 2009 00:15:

keep it up batboy.

Well i was gonna say batman but im not totally convinced your a man yet so i stayed with batboy :D ;D ;D :D

And what makes you think that?
Last Edit: by dan123456.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 08:38 #35705

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Batman,

I'm totally new to this site, and just hoping, but I read your original thread, and I see that you are a person who has an extraordinary nisayon. Your yetzer hara had you fully entrenched way before your Yetzer Tov ever came on the scene! Every day that you accomplish is a huge kiddush Ha-shem and when you hit double digits, the angels must be dancing!!

Who knows 10? I know 10! 10 are the days that Batman has been kadosh!!!

Keep it up,
Haba
Last Edit: by NYA067.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 10:04 #35741

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
BruceWayne wrote on 18 Dec 2009 03:54:

considering my previous record is like 24, I want to prove to myself I can get 90. It's a challenge, and I'm a competitive guy. Don't worry, I'll resume not counting with day 91.imtrying25 wrote on 18 Dec 2009 00:15:

keep it up batboy.

And what makes you think that?
I didnt think it. Its just something that popped into this puny pea lying inbetween my shoulders. Heck im crazy. Just ignore me , please. Thanks MAN!
Last Edit: by paltibenlaïsh.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Dec 2009 16:04 #35805

habaletaher wrote on 18 Dec 2009 08:38:

Hey Batman,

I'm totally new to this site, and just hoping, but I read your original thread, and I see that you are a person who has an extraordinary nisayon. Your yetzer hara had you fully entrenched way before your Yetzer Tov ever came on the scene! Every day that you accomplish is a huge kiddush Ha-shem and when you hit double digits, the angels must be dancing!!

Who knows 10? I know 10! 10 are the days that Batman has been kadosh!!!

Keep it up,
Haba

I'm surprised you even found it. You must have read every thread ever or something. BTW, I didn't include a lot of details about my personal life there.
Last Edit: by s613x.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Dec 2009 06:19 #35936

OK,

Here we are at one week clean. I ALMOST ALMOST fell tonight. Almost. Almost. But didn't.

I would call it slipping. I read an article that mentioned certain kinds of things that go on in Nevada (which needs to fall into the ocean with California). Well, I like to know stuff so I looked it up and read up on it a bit. Nothing "wrong" per say, but it could have easily led to other things. Saw some pictures that weren't exactly the cleanest but no nudity, and I didn't stare at them or anything.
Here's the Cliff's Notes of what I read.
Ready?

SAD AND DISGUSTING.

There.

Maybe I'll elaborate a smidge sometime later. Probably in my other thread, "The Other Side", in the Break Free section. Maybe.

One week. Still clean. Moving forward.
Last Edit: by slhllc.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Dec 2009 07:57 #35960

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Batman,

Sorry if that was too outright, it is actually from your very first post, and if you feel it is too personal you probably can delete it or whatever..

I totally know the feeling of reading something and then suddenly you say, "Oh let me see what she looks like" or "That sounds so interesting, let me google it...." Unfortunately usually the things we go to google are not laws of physics or local chessed oppurtunities, and I can totally relate to the nisayon of once you check into it you start a chain websites that goes down fast, so kudos to you for slippin but not fallin!

Love your cliff notes!!
Haba
Last Edit: by goldbergschwartz1.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Dec 2009 09:03 #35978

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
imtrying25 wrote on 18 Dec 2009 10:04:

I didnt think it. Its just something that popped into this puny pea lying inbetween my shoulders. Heck im crazy. Just ignore me , please. Thanks MAN!

I've been wondering what that was...
And, heck!, you are crazy!
Now, why are we bashing you?
Last Edit: by caughtbythetassels.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes