Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29190 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 07:56 #29860

• habib613
somebody DID.,
and then said it didn't count because YOU didn't write it.

u don't have to count days... just tell us- how u doin?
Last Edit: by uman.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 17:37 #29892

• Dov
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 22 Nov 2009 07:45:

habib613 wrote on 22 Nov 2009 00:20:

y'know what we want batboy? a page long post. i dare you.

Somebody didn't read my post in the Break Free section....That was long. You guys are going to have to flakify me before I post a page long rambling.

OR, you'll get it when I hit 90 days. Too bad I'm not counting these days....

Yay! I'm not counting either. Guess what? When my wife and I were talking about my anniversary (we generally try to avoid talking about the program as much as possible, cuz it brings her to bad old memories), we realized that I have actually been allowed to be sober for a year longer than I had cheshbon'd oiss...I jumped for joy! Not because it had been another year, but because I had no idea!!! Yipeee!!!
Maybe we should take up smoking tobacco products, instead....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by signmud.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 19:41 #29909

habib613 wrote on 22 Nov 2009 07:56:

somebody DID.,
and then said it didn't count because YOU didn't write it.

u don't have to count days... just tell us- how u doin?

I'm OK. I relapsed a bit during my time off, and it only strengthened my resolve not to go down that route anymore.
I'm also stressed out. Looking for a job.....and I'll be applying to grad school in May, so there's a lot of uncertainty and a lot that's just out of my control right now.

Plus some other stuff that I won't talk about.

Life is hard for us young'uns.
Last Edit: by gottafixthis.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 20:47 #29920

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
BruceWayne wrote on 22 Nov 2009 19:41:

Life is hard for us young'uns.

Ain't it, now?
Last Edit: by wanting to be better.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 21:19 #29925

• Dov
  • Administrator
Let's all daven for the youg'uns. May Hashem who brought us this far show us all Rachamim and chasodim megulim today, so that we can be more useful to others. Of all who know our difficulties, it's You who know them from the inside, and really care all the way, after all. Help us all know how much You care about us and for us this very day. Help us stay sober today so that others who struggle with sobriety and sanity know that they have a chance, too. And even those who sturggle, too. It's so nice to know that we share the same Best Eternal Friend of all and can really depend on You. We are proud members of Your club, Hashem! Even though we are not patient with You, thanks for everything - especially for your patience with us. Omein.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by abcdefghi123.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 21:21 #29926

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
OOMAYN!!!
Last Edit: by Doxin.

Re: Bruce's Battle 22 Nov 2009 23:29 #29956

• habib613
bruce.... and sturggle.... online, at the same time.... and i wasn't here to see it.
Last Edit: by Ruti.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Nov 2009 06:07 #30254

'twas an epic moment, indeed.

OK, actually I had no idea we were online simultaneously until you mentioned it....

But that doesn't make it any less awesome.

btw, what's so great about it? I sorta missed that...
Last Edit: by Thanksgye1.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Nov 2009 06:12 #30256

• TrYiNg
whats great about it is that you had both sort of taken a self imposed prison sentence and not posted in ages  : : :
Thank gd you're back  ;D ;D

ps-what were you convicted of? ???  and was rage ur lawyer?  :o
Last Edit: by Striving Guy.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Nov 2009 15:54 #30344

Being a college student.

I only wanted to be gone for a week or two, maybe three, but then I got slammed with a ton of work for school. Thankfully it's over.

Rage as my lawyer.....

I would have to pass only because my whole family is full of lawyers and nepotism is always fun (not surprisingly, I'm not going into law).

It's good to finally be back on the forum and back in the gym after so long. My mind and body were going ballistic....I thought I was going to completely lose it.

Actually, I sort of did for little bit.
Last Edit: by nufitugoh.bisusova.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Nov 2009 18:20 #30365

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 22 Nov 2009 07:45:

OR, you'll get it when I hit 90 days. Too bad I'm not counting these days....

Bruce,

Less important than counting days is making your days count! 
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by tp.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Nov 2009 04:50 #30461

What number is it if the agreement is unanimous? Infinity?

"Yes, I infinity the motion of the gentleman across the room...."
Last Edit: by heinrich.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Nov 2009 04:56 #30464

• TrYiNg
If it's unanimous , that means that u agree too. So that would make it a non question...
Last Edit: by pesachfish.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Nov 2009 05:32 #30466

Touche.

I infinity that.
Last Edit: by Tinanew.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Nov 2009 06:35 #30468

• TrYiNg
lol 
Last Edit: by Dan11.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes