Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29151 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Jun 2009 15:03 #7376

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 23 Jun 2009 17:52:

How about this? We could call it the GYE Rap.

When a gust
of rust
and dust
hits us,
and makes us feel we JUST -
MUST
LUST
or BUST!

---da da da--boom boom--

It’s really all a test
we’re here on a quest
So just do your best
and G-d will do the rest!

---da da da--boom boom--yeh!

The times when it was CLOSE
is when we grow the MOST
So when you're feeling Toast
Do a GYE POST!
(it's a whole lot better than becoming ROAST)

Gosh, that's funny!  But, would you consider making some modifications for those of us who prefer country music?  After all, "rap music" is an oxymoron!  :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by strong.mind.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Jun 2009 15:06 #7377

I think I'm in the beginning stages of withdrawal. It's not bad yet, but I can feel it coming on. Irritability, a little depression, all that stuff.

By the way, 11.
Last Edit: by ronidr1.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Jun 2009 15:40 #7382

I didn't really get any help this morning when a whole busload (literally) of 18-19 year old girls unloaded half a block away from me this morning (remember I'm 22, so they're kinda "available"). Geeez......
And then a few of them had to come into the store I was in. Two in particular were super-knockouts. You know, the kind that make you hate your life. NOT FAIR.
I'm convinced that girls like that tend to go to public places in pairs, just to make your life twice as hard.

BUT I'M STILL GOING.

Thank God that bus didn't unload directly in front of that store. Otherwise I would have been in a lot of trouble. Leaving that store would have been like swimming through a sea of temptation. I'm a good swimmer, but that one would have drowned me. I got lucky. 
Last Edit: by RebZusha.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Jun 2009 15:59 #7384

• jack
  • Platinum Boarder
if you are entering the withdrawal stage, hold on tight, baby, and dont forget to fasten your seat belt! you're in for the ride of your life!
Last Edit: by efratush2.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Jun 2009 21:57 #7431

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Bruce, you are a knockout!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by hashemyerachem.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Jun 2009 10:23 #7458

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
As I posted on my thread - I have a similar problem as you. The responses to you also prompt me to act in the safe and respectful way suggested.
One of the praises of (even a bad ) wives  - is Matzilatu min HaCheyt. They save Husband from sin. These bits of advice, highlight the fact that not only by partaking of the heter of intimicay with my wife, I have a a lessened desire for sin, Pat beSalo, But a much higher level of Chomas Nashim Bonta Baisa - A wise women builds her home.
Her innate wisdom, which you so cleverly described is the tool HaShem gave her to help her husband.

Ultimately, this is a test of my relationship with my wife. This is a hard test. Especially regarding sexual issues, and especially since I  feel impure, and wrong. I am afraid she'll "find out" so how can we even really communicate clearly? The static on my side of the line will be appparent.

Maybe when she realizes how much I care for her, and am willing to "bother" myself so that she won't get hurt, and to protect her - she will reciprocate by willingly wanting to share in the burden. The wife of Abba Chilkiya the great Tzaddik - would go out to meet him on the edge of town, taking care to dress up to find favor in his eyes, so that he wouldn't Chas vShalom think about any other women.

Halevay my wife would dress up for me, every day when I come home!

I don't mean to blame her or any wife for my problem, rather to show that the relationship is lacking. If I take all the energy that I "invested" in P*** and living a double life, and poured it into our relationship - WOW would my wife feel loved.

If I would look and gaze at her, pondering her every beautiful quality - like the song Eishes Chayil does, one letter after another  - would she feel cherished?

Could I invest in beholding my woman's beauty for hours and hours on end? I know I can

I will try this Shabbos eve...

Last Edit: by myklyin.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Jun 2009 14:21 #7475

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Chaim,

As you accumulate day after day of cleanliness, your marital relationship will, IY"H, improve in numerous ways.  For one thing, you will feel better about yourself, and be able to look your wife in the eyes, both during times of intimacy and otherwise.  Your desire for her will also be stronger and healthier.

Chazak v'Ematz!  A wonderful Shabbos to all.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by דרך חיים1.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Jun 2009 15:11 #7479

Uh, you sure you're posting in the right thread? I'm single.

By the way, 12.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Jun 2009 16:22 #7485

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Bruce,

I'm not sure why Chaim put that post on your thread, but I was responding to his post.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Jun 2009 16:48 #7489

I got that much. I was responding to Chaim also. I was wondering why he posted that. Doesn't seem to fit.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Jun 2009 18:38 #7492

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow! Reb Guard!

So you know how to Rap

Your Sense of Humor comes with a Snap

Anything else we don't know of that you have under your Cap?

ok! at least give me an E for Effort.

E.L.

Re: Bruce's Battle 27 Jun 2009 19:33 #7500

• ChaimChaim
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry Bruce - I might have confused where I was posting.
But Maybe I was set off by your comment that seem to show how we often just look at women as things instead of appreciating their qualities as people.
You may be gaining wisdom now - that will help you when you marry.
Keep on moving forward
Last Edit: by nerdolek1.

Re: Bruce's Battle 27 Jun 2009 22:01 #7515

• the.guard
Chart updated Bruce, KUTGW!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by connection10.

Re: Bruce's Battle 28 Jun 2009 02:08 #7524

Chaim,

I think we are hardwired, down in our most instinctive and basic and animalistic parts of our brains, to view women as objects that will spread our seed. It's like a survival mechanism. The hard part is rising above that, as we humans are meant to do.

Guard,

KUTGW= Keep Up The Good Work?

14, assuming I make it through the end of the day.
But it's starting to get harder. Which means that progress is being made.
Last Edit: by With Hashem.

Re: Bruce's Battle 28 Jun 2009 06:55 #7532

• the.guard
Dear Hellbent, read tool #8 of the GYE handbook. No one said these 90 days will be easy. You are learning to break an addictive pattern that you have developed over many years. But you can ask those who made it, it really does get much easier after 90 days, often even before... Did you ever read through this page?
Last Edit: by assb.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes