Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29185 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 02 Oct 2009 06:38 #21694

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think a lot.
I'm running out,
but I wanted to say hey anyway.
You gotta do what's right for you man.

GBG!!

I'll post more thoughts later...
Last Edit: by Pen.

Re: Bruce's Battle 02 Oct 2009 15:02 #21742

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Bruce,

For now concentrate on 2 things:

1.) As always, one day at a time.

2.) Set a goal which exceeds your previous achievements - e.g. 30 days.  When you, b'Ezras Hashem, are close to reaching 30, I have an idea - contact me then.

Also, please read my post here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1037.0

Have a wonderful Shabbos and Yom Tov.

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Tshering.

Re: Bruce's Battle 02 Oct 2009 23:30 #21795

Thanks, Kedusha.

I think it's time I retreated to the Batcave for a bit. I'll still be here, just not as much of a presence (as if I'm posting 30 times a day as is).

I have to "take inventory".
Last Edit: by Waze.

Re: Bruce's Battle 05 Oct 2009 21:28 #21960

• Dov
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 02 Oct 2009 03:57:

As you know, I've been slipping and sliding for quite a while know.
BW - You know how much I like you (i hope) and all I can think of when you share this is: so? We are all slipping and sliding sometimes. That's life sometimes. What of it? reset? fine, reset...but life goes on and here we are getting better together. The old way just plain sucked, and any real success at all takes some time with this big-gorrilla-of-an-issue. No matter how much my (very) grandiose brain tells me "it's an event, yipee!!" - it isn't - it's a process, and you, chaver, are clearly in the process. No glory? Nu, maybe only Hashem get's the glory around here, sometimes.

I've got half a mind to just forget the whole counting thing altogether for now. Doing what I can to stay clean, but making no effort to reach 90. Just focusing on "clean".
You know how this is music to my little ears, but "recover", or "useful", is a better focus for me than "staying clean". The last thing I need is a gauntlet thrown before me...I can't help but pick it up! Then look out. Suprise! It's that Gorrilla again! (d'oh!!)

Crazy about you, bud.
- Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by כרעמזל.

Re: Bruce's Battle 15 Oct 2009 16:28 #23689

• Rage AT Machine
dude, where you at? i cant be the only cowboy on this forum...
Last Edit: by עובד אלוקים.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Oct 2009 08:16 #24067

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
BruceWayne wrote on 02 Oct 2009 23:30:

I think it's time I retreated to the Batcave for a bit. I'll still be here, just not as much of a presence (as if I'm posting 30 times a day as is).

I have to "take inventory".

Rage AT Machine wrote on 15 Oct 2009 16:28:

dude, where you at? i cant be the only cowboy on this forum...

I think he's still making sure the batcave is in order, not to mention that Wayne Enterprises is no small business venture.
Bruce, we are thinking of you and looking forward to your return...
Last Edit: by BT1986.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Oct 2009 18:09 #24678

• TrYiNg
Ye??? where r u??
We fondly remember those long rambly flakey bruce posts..
K, seriously, Just post that ur ok. DEal?
Last Edit: by Hopefull+1.

Re: Bruce's Battle 20 Oct 2009 21:40 #24716

• Dov
  • Administrator
He really is in the batcave on hiatus. With Hashem's help all will be well, though who among us has had it easy in recovery?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Hannah.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Oct 2009 04:58 #25351

Rambly, flaky post.
Last Edit: by SWPD.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Oct 2009 14:02 #25391

• Dov
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 25 Oct 2009 04:58:

Rambly, flaky post.
By putting "rambly" before "flaky", you have revealed leaving no shadow of doubt that, in fact, your priorities are sorely in need some profound adjustment. I recommend a chiropractor. Crackkkk!
As proposed originally by Descartes, later by Ortega y' Gasset, and most recently by phil (the pleasant drunk who so frequently vomits in front of my shul), the term "flaky" should always be used in the present-syndesmotic proactive-participle position in any sentence. Bruce, it is sure nice to have you back. On the other hand, the term "rambly" most correctly is reserved for the place of "modifier" in conjunctive-past-passive sentence structure and I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about. In jive, for example, where syndesmotic modifiers are most often seen in the role of accusatory-vulgarized gerunds, we'd find: yo, mama, saywhat rambiln' flakaposto. This sounds almost Italian, to the discerning ear, leading some linguists to propose that jive sprouted out of Tuscany, after the inhabitants imbibed a bad batch of "grappe" (lo aleinu). Say, BW, keep in touch will ya?

Hic!

Hi there.

-Dov
Last Edit: by yittyyitty.

Re: Bruce's Battle 25 Oct 2009 14:42 #25395

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
wow bruce, someone really misses you!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by marcia098.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Oct 2009 06:05 #25505

• TrYiNg
Lotsa 'someones'.... :'(

Oops, in the whole  rambly, long post you forgot to write that ur ok ...

C'mon you non-flake
! We need someone to fight with :D
Last Edit: by Shira.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Oct 2009 18:37 #25629

I'm too busy fighting with myself.
Last Edit: by beastmode123.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Oct 2009 18:42 #25631

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 26 Oct 2009 18:37:

I'm too busy fighting with myself.

Bam! Boff! Sock! Crash! Whamm! Pow! Zap! Splatt!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by anonymous445.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Oct 2009 18:58 #25637

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well we expect to hear more from you!

How about tomorrow?

Same bat time

Same bat channel.......
Last Edit: by hart.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?