Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29187 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 15 Sep 2009 02:51 #17927

At least I got up faster than last time.

Ever notice how the language of Selichot is in the plural? To me, that's referring to the whole forum.
Last Edit: by joe2000.

Re: Bruce's Battle 15 Sep 2009 04:40 #17945

Which means that I had the whole forum in mind late last night and I will again tonight in just a few minutes.

Last Edit: by Binyomin96.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 18:14 #18464

Oh man, oh man....

I'm feeling the weakness coming on already and it's only been like 4 days (I don't count so I don't actually know).
Must be that whole nearing the Day of Judgment thing. The final push to get us to fall before we are summoned to be judged.

NICE TRY BUT IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. TOO PREDICTABLE.
Last Edit: by Jshapiro.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 18:17 #18466

• Rage AT Machine
pull it together, mate...theres nothing there but smoke and mirrors...join me making this stand, please...
Last Edit: by Intoguys.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 21:24 #18544

I'm trying. But I think part if it is that I'm afraid I may have injured my knee several days ago. It still doesn't feel right, and injuries are partly how I fell into SA to begin with due to the depression etc.

I'm going to give the knee a few more days before I get it checked out. I REALLY don't want to wind up back in physical therapy........

I guess it's the price we pay for not being sedentary. I hate being sedentary.
Last Edit: by Hopeful108.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 21:29 #18549

• Dov
  • Administrator
Don't you have something in that bat-utility belt of yours for climbing buildings w/o using your knees? ;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Abcxyz.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 21:36 #18553

• Rage AT Machine
the knee? are you kiddin me? that is 100% purely your addiction talking...your knee!...listen, man, bum knee or no bum knee the only way you will overcome is if you take a stand...take some punches, sure, but hold your ground...one day at a time, one minute at a time...because if you dont do it now, it will only hurt more...
Last Edit: by Gyeasap.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 21:54 #18554

dov wrote on 16 Sep 2009 21:29:

Don't you have something in that bat-utility belt of yours for climbing buildings w/o using your knees? ;D

I'm not sure you realize the depth of that post.

The answer is: OF COURSE I DO!

Once again, dov hits the nail on the head.

Thank you, good sir.
Last Edit: by trevanon.

Re: Bruce's Battle 16 Sep 2009 22:24 #18559

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
NICE TRY BUT IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. TOO PREDICTABLE.

LOL. TOO PREDICTABLE. That kills me. Halivai we could always say "no" to the yetzer Hara because he's just too predictable! Am I onto something here?

As Dov always says; The addiction cycle is so predictable, it makes life boring. Only when we start to live OUT OF OURSELVES do we see life start to get interesting!

And I quote:

Don't think about it. and don't talk about it much, c"v, either. Thinking differently - even really hard - will not generally get us to be any different on the inside. We live in "asiyah". Doing changes us, and even changes the way we think and are on the inside. That is why Hashem gave us so many more mitzvos to do (as the RMB"M writes). After doing this for a while , our lives become wildly interesting and less predictable, too! (it is actually rather boring to think about myself all the time, you know!) We can also get sober and stay sober more easily.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by play.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Sep 2009 06:15 #18626

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bruce,

shkoyach for posting yesterday when you were feeling weak.
how you doing today?
Last Edit: by YoniG.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Sep 2009 06:31 #18640

Well it's still yesterday for me because I haven't gone to sleep yet and it's nearly 2:30 AM.  I suddenly got really tired while I was feeling weak and I wound up passing out for an hour or so. Then I studied a bit and went to the gym.

Now I'm going to sleep.

I really shouldn't be up this late--I have a full day of classes tomorrow.

So if you want to know how I'm doing "today" you're going to have to wait until tomorrow, which is really today....
Last Edit: by knoy85.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Sep 2009 06:37 #18646

• TrYiNg
Sweet dreams  GBG  ;D
Last Edit: by Mrmgwinner90.

Re: Bruce's Battle 17 Sep 2009 06:42 #18648

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder

waiting man...
and good to hear that youre doing alright now.
Last Edit: by Boierka.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Sep 2009 03:45 #18884

Man,
Last night was almost impossible. I didn't get to sleep until a little after 3, then I woke up some time later feeling completely possessed, if you know what I'm saying. I was on the verge of falling. So close. But I stepped back. No way that's gonna happen right before RH. The hardest part was that I was still in zombie mode so I had even less self control than if I would have been completely awake.

And I had another really tough day today. Couldn't focus in class at all. I'm completely lethargic and restless at the same time, if that even makes sense.

I have to at least make it through YK. One day at a time. One hour, actually. One minute.
Last Edit: by Learninguy.

Re: Bruce's Battle 18 Sep 2009 04:03 #18888

By the way,

In case I don't post again until after RH....

Just want to wish a k’siva v’chasima tova to all and sundry--and that means YOU.

See you next year.

--BW

Last Edit: by mystery.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes