Welcome, Guest

BACK IN A FAMILIAR PLACE
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: BACK IN A FAMILIAR PLACE 1657 Views

BACK IN A FAMILIAR PLACE 24 Mar 2010 20:26 #59548

• Kedusha252
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear members of this forum,

Well, I'm back in a familiar place, racking up the early easy days towards building until day 90. 

The days right after a fall are generally easy for me because I experienced such discomfort the day of and the morning after a fall that the feeling is so fresh in my mind.  So why would I want to experience it again?

The trick is to really maintain a strong and sharp sense of "I don't want to do this cheit."  The challenge is that in one week or more from right now my drive to be kadosh might become diluted.  I daven to Hashem everyday that He should help me to keep learning mussar everyday and help me be as firm as I am right now in a week or two from now. 

The key is to take it one day at a time, learn mussar each day (I use windows of the soul and write a tidbit of what I learned that day), post on the forum, call helpers such as Dovid and Elya, daven to Hashem and be happy.

TruRatzon.
Last Edit: by .

Re: BACK IN A FAMILIAR PLACE 25 Mar 2010 08:36 #59606

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
As far as "dealing with the build-up", I think chizuk e-mail #740 had some great stuff:

1) Therapy Tip of the Day: How do we deal with Withdrawal Symptoms?

2) Daily Dose of Dov: 27,375 days = 75 Years

Did you see it?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes