Welcome, Guest

I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 1570 Views

I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 22 Mar 2010 03:14 #59182

• Kedusha252
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear caring members of this forum,

I'm not sure if this is too private to write about but I think it would help me deal with my current matzav if I put it out there.  I have a interesting relationship with a female non-blood related relative who is my age.  She is an attractive person whom I have had certain se*ual encounters with twice in the past, once two years ago and again five months ago.  These experiences were not full se*ual experiences but involved *jaculation, no kissing occured.

From time to time my yetzer harah grabs me and I start reliving these two encounters in order to become se*ually excited.  I also sometimes think about her in general to become *exually excited.  Again, this is a non blood relative so it's not like I have a major psychological issue at hand.  Before I joined GYE i would mas*urb**e while thinking about her, but now I sometimes think about her without *asturbation which is not helping my cause.  Also, I used to have access to a facebook acount and I would view photos of her and *ast**ba*e.  However, I asked the person to change his facebook account password and Baruch Hashem it took care of a real chunk of the nisayon.

Now, briefly, I would like to describe the situation overall.  She is not shomeres Torah and mitzvos and never was.  However, before either of the two *exual encounters I informed her about the halacha of shomer negiah and we agreed to be completely shomer with each other.  Go figure, after we made that fence we were actually involved in a lot of negiah during those two encounters.  

The first encounter was from her motivations.  We were at a wedding together in Israel and she had too much to drink and she inticed me which led to *jaculation and negiah.  The next night I told her what transpired the night before and she was surprised.  However, on this subsequent night we had a second part to the overall first encounter and there was *jaculation and negiah again.

A dangerous tool that led to my second encounter with her was texting.  Texting is an informal communication tool that allowed me to text her causally and eventually pose the question...so, what are you up to tonight?  This led to her response, "nothing much, do you want to come downtown and hang out?"  I will get back to this below.

I am not blaming her for our second encounter because I initiated the conversation via texting however, she inticed me to stay with her in her apartment, in yichud, and it all went down hill from there.  The whole time leading up to the encounter before I completely cascaded and gave in, I was telling her, there are two parts to me inside right now fighting for primacy.  One part is saying get out of here right now and the other part is saying you know you want this more than anything in the whole world.

During the second encounter I thought about what I was thinking after the first encounter which was: "This is never going to happen again." Yet here we were again.  

Needless to say I felt so horribly depressed the next morning after the second encounter thinking that all of the spirituality I ever accrued was erased forever.  She actually knew how much I regretted what happened and she texted me the next day to see if I was doing all right.  I told her I was coping with it slowly but surely.

To fast forward to tonight, which is what inspired this post, I was overcome with lust to text her tonight.  Now, we have been texting each other over the past five months but somewhat sparingly and about wholesome regular things.  But tonight we began a texting conversation and my lust was so strong I actually texted her "so what are you up to tonight?"  My lustful hopes and dreams was that she would respond, not much, actually I'm feeling a little bored, do want to come downtown?  

But the most helpful and healthy thing happened and I'm not sure why...She did not respond at all.  I sat by the phone waiting and waiting, and now for the past two hours there has been no response!  
Maybe she realized where I was going with the question and she was willing to be strong and not let it unfold into chaos.  Well, after becoming *exually frustrated because of her missing response, I was about to transfer the frustration into logging onto the internet and ending my 28 day new current streak.  Baruch Hashem I got a phone call from someone from the community who wanted to invite me for a meal for yom tov.  Then I went to ma'ariv, the lust subsided and my seichel felt strong again.
For now, the plan of action is to let her non response slide by...wait a few weeks and resume light conversation via texting as if nothing happened tonight.  

Thank you for taking the time to read this long post.  May Hashem help all of us with our particular, personal and unique nisyonos.

TrueRatzon.

P.S. this relative is someone close enough that it would be wrong to cut off ties with.  Also, I changed her contact name in my phone from her name to "Closer to Hashem?"  As if to pose the question to myself as a reminder: is texting this girl going to bring you closer to Hashem?  I think that should solve the texting issue.  Good night to all.
Last Edit: 22 Mar 2010 03:48 by .

Re: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 22 Mar 2010 03:42 #59192

• bardichev
TR

HASHEM AND ALL HIS EMMISARRIES HERE AREWAITING FOR U!!!

BARDS
Last Edit: by .

Re: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 22 Mar 2010 07:53 #59203

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
WOW TR,

This sounds like someone who you want to limit contact with as much as possible, I think you yourself recognize that there is nothing healthy about staying in contact with her. She is the object of your YH when you act out, and has physically gotten tangled with you twice before. I'm thinking that instead of changing her contact number to Closer to Ha-shem you might want to delete!

Hatzlacha, and may Ha-shem give you the strenght to keep fighting!

Re: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 22 Mar 2010 10:54 #59210

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Seems like a difficult nisayon indeed. The only way to succeed in this area is by making strong fences for yourself. Like by making a vow that if you text her anything at all (or at least anything casual), you will need to turn off your phone for 24 hours so no one can reach you. Or a vow that before you text her anything you will first talk to Hashem for 5 minutes...  or things like that.

For safe and reliable ways to make vows, see here: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Tips/TipsShavuos.asp

And see here: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/FAQ/FAQ33.asp
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 22 Mar 2010 12:59 #59224

• Mevakesh Hashem
TrueRatzon,

I like the fact that  you changed the name in your phone to display a message of Chizuk. Great idea!

One thing: With such a person with who you had these encounters, there is no such thing as  innocent "wholesome" texting.

To think otherwise is fooling yourself and will lead to the Yetzer Hara winning this battle.

Stay strong, and fill the void in your heart with good things and  use this forum for al it's worth!

Chazak V'Ematz!

Re: I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS TOO PRIVATE TO POST BUT... 22 Mar 2010 14:49 #59231

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
TR -

I'm SO impressed by your personal strength., and your tremendous desire to do the right thing. But I agree that it sounds unhealthy to continue to text eachother. What would you do if she called or texted you that she really needs you to come over because she's distraught about something - here you feel there's a toelles, right? you'll be helping her, right? You'll be stronger this time, right?

Right.

C'mon, man, be HONEST with yourself. She's not frum, heck, she's caused you multiple halachic issues, and your personal struggle and life ambition are in an entirely different direction. If you continue the relationship, either you'll confuse her (and maybe yourself) into thinking it could become a serious marriage prospect, or either one of you or each one of you will be USING and MANIPULATING the other, toying with emotions and living on the verge of the next aveira.

Project yourself into the future a little. You don't want this guilt, you don't want to live with regrets of bad choices that bring one to bigger avaieros, C"V. Remember the meanings behind "A crooked thing can not be made straight."

You don't have to "break ties" and make an uncomfortable scene in the family. There would be no harm to send her a message that you will see her in public at the next family gathering, but that you do not want to have any private conversations anymore, text or phone, that your lives need to stay 100% platonic, with fences to keep it that way, and that it is unfair to each of you for it to be otherwise.

Sorry to be so blunt, my friend. I have enough of my own regrets to try to save you from making your own.

No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes