Welcome, Guest

RECORD BREAKING DAY!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 2127 Views

RECORD BREAKING DAY! 21 Mar 2010 03:15 #59045

• Kedusha252
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear members of this forum,

Today was a record breaking day for me!  My previous longest streak was 26 days and today my new streak became 27 days and counting.  All I can say is Baruch Hashem for this site and this forum.  Before discovering guardyoureyes.org my clean streaks were consistently one week maybe 10 days if I was lucky.  For years I never had streaks longer than 3 weeks except when I went away to camp for the summer.  But now with guardyoureyes.org I feel like a whole and honest person again.

Question: Is it common for a person to feel a constant warmish feeling in his/her face because of past acts of ma**turb***on?  I'm curious for any feedback on this, thanks.

Now that I have reached a new record the yeitzer harah might tell me: "ok, now you've made it, ya know, you couldn't fall short of 26 days because then you would have felt down on yourself that you couldn't reach a new record, but now that you created a new record it's not so bad if you have a fall because at least this time around you completed a higher level...so whatever, just have a fall and start a new streak....
I need to be on top of my yietzer harah and not let him trick me into quick situations that can lead to another fall.

After my last fall I said I wanted to come to Pesach as a true ben chorin.  Ever since saying that I have been on track to be a true ben chorin.  I would like to be michazeik myself and everyone on this forum to strive to feel like a ben chorin as Pesach rolls in.  May we all be zoche to fight our yeitzer harah with an "I will win today" attitude.

TrueRatzon.
Last Edit: by .

Re: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 21 Mar 2010 04:23 #59050

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
MAZAL TOV on the new steak. Regarding the Y H DON'T LISTEN! Just remember that after you fell you hated yourself and that is what the YH really wants.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 21 Mar 2010 08:20 #59056

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey True Ratzon,

Good for you! Keep up the good work and keep makin that record bigger and bigger one day at a time. Just focus on the here and now and don't let the menuval YH pull you donw by showing you what you did/didn't do in the past, you can be a real ben chorin like you were saying, YOU ARE THE BOSS!!!

As far as the warmish face, I have no idea what you are experiencing, but to my knowledge there is no medical connection between m-bation cessation and a warn feeling on the face, it must be the fire of your Yetzer Tov getting all revved up!!

KEep on Trucking!!!

Re: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 21 Mar 2010 18:08 #59108

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
At the seder, you will feel what it means to be a true ben chorin, be"h! Keep up the great work.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 21 Mar 2010 18:14 #59111

• bardichev
KEep on Trucking!!!

Re: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 22 Mar 2010 04:25 #59195

• Dov
  • Administrator
Mazel Tov on your record-breaking day, True Ratzon!

Perhaps this is not a chidush to you at all, but please consider paying attention to Today, not tomorrow, and certainly not yesterday. Before you know it, weeks will go by (cuz that's how time is, you know, when you don't watch it all the time), years will go by, and you will look back on a beautiful decade. Eventually, you will be surprised to discover that your entire life was super duper. Let the load of "staying clean" for another week - or even for the rest of today - off of your tired shoulders, will you? Let your success be a total surprise to you! Don't count your days like sheep that you are herding and managing. We can't really run our lives, anyway, so certainly our staying clean needs a lot of siyata dishmaya (help from Him). As the Chofetz Chayim writes about Lashon Hara, we need to pray for His help before the day starts and thank him for keeping us LH-free after the day ends. Asking Him for the help means giving Him the credit. Giving Him the credit for making it happen means taking most of the burden off ourselves! This may not fit exactly into your concept of how the YH works and how Hashem helps us, but I just remember: My methods and thinking till now, got me to this point - a mess. I may need a slightly different approach in order to succeed at being a successful ben Torah. As it turns out, all I need to do is give up the first stupid compulsion I get today, and ask Him for the help to bear that, even if it hurts, till it's over. And sometimes it may hurt horribly. Nu. So we can call each other and commiserate! That is what friends are for!

Alei vehatzlach!!

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: RECORD BREAKING DAY! 22 Mar 2010 14:51 #59232

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
MAZAL TOV, TR, you're on your way to FREEDOM!!

Stay strong, my friend.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes