Welcome, Guest

Taking the Plunge
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Taking the Plunge 3695 Views

Re: Taking the Plunge 20 Mar 2010 19:55 #59032

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Give the password to the filter Gabai. Contact him at filter.gye@gmail.com

See this page
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Taking the Plunge 23 Mar 2010 14:05 #59386

• purenclean
An update:

It's been a difficult few days for me. I last fell on Friday. I have had a few slips since then but I have managed to maintain my balance.

We are going to my inlaws for Pesach. For some reason their house has always been a safe place for me. In my mind if I can just get through until the end of this week then I should be OK until the end of pesach (Bezras Hashem).

The problem is that I am extremely stressed out and I am very vulnerable right now. I am studying for a few exams which means I am looking for any excuse to procrastinate. Which obviously leads me down the path to falling.

With your help and encouragement I can hopefully make it through the next 4 days. I am trying to take it one day at a time and even split up the days in segments. At shacharis I daven that hashem should keep me free from falling, at mincha I daven for the period until maariv, and at maariv i daven for the period until shacharis. This has worked so far bt I have a really bad feeling that I'm going to trip up at some point before the end of the week.

Re: Taking the Plunge 23 Mar 2010 15:40 #59400

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Chaim III wrote on 23 Mar 2010 14:05:

An update:

It's been a difficult few days for me. I last fell on Friday. I have had a few slips since then but I have managed to maintain my balance.

We are going to my inlaws for Pesach. For some reason their house has always been a safe place for me. In my mind if I can just get through until the end of this week then I should be OK until the end of pesach (Bezras Hashem).

The problem is that I am extremely stressed out and I am very vulnerable right now. I am studying for a few exams which means I am looking for any excuse to procrastinate. Which obviously leads me down the path to falling.

With your help and encouragement I can hopefully make it through the next 4 days. I am trying to take it one day at a time and even split up the days in segments. At shacharis I daven that hashem should keep me free from falling, at mincha I daven for the period until maariv, and at maariv i daven for the period until shacharis. This has worked so far bt I have a really bad feeling that I'm going to trip up at some point before the end of the week.

You are are hereby being granted a free pass for one 'trip up' over the next week :-X. Be smart, don't use today, save it for tomorrow. Tomorrow you may find something more enticing and you won't have a pass left . It is in the 'best' interest of your temptations not to waste the one pass today .

Nu, is today taken care of....??

(Do you think you can carry this pass past Passover?? ;D)

Re: Taking the Plunge 23 Mar 2010 22:29 #59444

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dunno - I'm not really into the "free pass" thing.

But one day at a time - or even one part of the day at a time...that always works! Right now, you're clean, and that's reason enough to celebrate!

Throw that bad feeling away - it's the yetzer hora, in so many ways - so you can say, "I saw that coming." More practically, though, the more you think about it happening, the more likely it is to happen. Just move forward, you can DO this!

Being stressed out is tough - but it's also a great opportunity! You can remind yourself that you don't need your old security blanket, your old drug. You can change your habits, and this is the perfect time to do it!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes