Welcome, Guest

NEW EYE GLASSES - NEW STRENGTH
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: NEW EYE GLASSES - NEW STRENGTH 1515 Views

NEW EYE GLASSES - NEW STRENGTH 12 Mar 2010 04:38 #57724

• Kedusha252
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Heilgher members of this forum,  :

Today I picked up my new pair of eye glasses from the optician.  With this purchase comes newfound chizuk to keep my eyes clean because I want to ensure that my brand new pair of glasses are used in the most holy and dignified ways. 
I think that we should try to draw chizuk from any area of life in this awesome nisayon of shmiras einyaim.  The only issue is, two years ago I remember saying this same chizuk to myself when I got new glassses then.  That pair of glasses were witness to thousands of pritzus images, Rachmana litzlan.  I daven to Hashem that these glasses that I got today should have much more kedusha to look at than tuma'ah. 

We should all be zoche to come into Pesach riding long streaks of kedusha and feeling fresh and whole.
P.S. I have started to enjoy davening again because I am in the midst of an 18 day clean streak.

Sincerely Yours,
TrueRatzon
Last Edit: by .

Re: NEW EYE GLASSES - NEW STRENGTH 12 Mar 2010 05:03 #57734

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hi Tzaddik!! Yeah, you with the glasses!!

Mazal tov on your 18 days! L'CHAIM!! It's a NEW life!!

I wish with all my heart that after 120, your glasses can be buried next to you as testimony to your integrity in shemiras eiynayim. I'm hoping I will be able to do that with my computer.

Here's a thought that could help in this struggle.

Tischadeish on your new glasses!

WHAT?

Yeah, you heard me. Why do we say Tischadeish, what does it mean? Are we just saying MAZAL TOV, YOU GOT SOMETHING NEW! Well, THAT's silly. You already know it's new! And since when do Berachos from Klal Yisroel really care about gashmiyus?

My answer is that TISCHADEISH is the same conjugation (see I learned SOMETHING in high school) as TISGADAL V'TISKADEISH we'll say in the Kedusha of Shachris on Shabbos. There it means, speaking of Hashem,  "May Your Name BECOME magnified and may You BE SANCTIFIED in this world..."  So TISCHADEISH is a beracha that means "MAY YOU BECOME RENEWED!"

When we get something new that is choshuv to us, it is a GIFT from Hashem, albeit gashmiyus, which gives us joy. We can take that joy, realize from it how much Hashem loves us, how much Hashem always GIVES to us, and gather NEW ENERGY and strength thru HAKARAS HATOV to serve Him better. So NOW we can USE this NEW GASHMIYUS to have an ALIYA B'RUCHNIYOS in avodas Hashem, to serve Him with RENEWED VIGOR and excitement!

So my beracha to you, TR, is that you use these new glasses as a stepping stone to BECOME RENEWED!

TISCHADEISH!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes