Welcome, Guest

Starting my journey!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting my journey! 3004 Views

Re: Starting my journey! 22 Mar 2010 18:05 #59257

• TiredOfFalling
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm holding by yeush right now. This battle feels impossible to win. My major problem is motivation. How can all the fences in the world help me when the motivation just isnt there? The fire I used to have in me has gone away. Or at least it went into hiding for a while.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Starting my journey! 23 Mar 2010 00:42 #59321

• bs d
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hi TOF its great to see that u post - just posting is already well on the right journey after all shailos chochom chatzi tshuva!
You say that all the fences won't help you. Its true! If you try everything at once then it becomes very hard to succeed.
However if u take one aspect of ur struggle and concentrate only on that and only after it is completely safe should u move to the next point. And even if u fall never give in to the y"h on that point- you will have your own place on the battlefield where the y"h can't get to you!
Slowly slowly it will get bigger until you with Hashem's help will have succeeded completely!
Please read the ebook the first day me my life which can be downloaded from the main website- it deals with this issue and was very helpful to me!
Please keep posting- we want to hear about your holy firedike battle with the y"h and how ur gonna beat him!

Re: Starting my journey! 23 Mar 2010 07:00 #59355

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Tired,

Believe it or not, everyone on this site has felt that same yeush hundreds of times. And sometimes I wonder if I'm going to ever beat this or not, especially after I fell recently hard after 76 days which was crushing to me, but the truth is that I recognize that there is no livable alternative to beating it, so I resolve to go at it one day at a time.

We're here for you, and the drinks are always on me

Re: Starting my journey! 27 May 2010 09:54 #67068

• TiredOfFalling
  • Fresh Boarder
ok I haven't made a serious attempt at the 90 days for a while but I'm going to start trying again. This is day 1.

Re: Starting my journey! 27 May 2010 12:02 #67075

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear it...how does it feel?

Re: Starting my journey! 28 May 2010 05:00 #67252

• TiredOfFalling
  • Fresh Boarder
it feels good

Re: Starting my journey! 28 May 2010 18:28 #67357

• Dov
  • Administrator
I feel good, too. Hey, let's start a club! 

Have a nice Shabbos TOF!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Starting my journey! 28 May 2010 20:05 #67369

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm repeating this again and again, because I think it's so important - yes, being clean feels good. Focus on that, remember that, celebrate that!

Have a great shabbos!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes