Welcome, Guest

Chazak Amenu's climb
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chazak Amenu's climb 14200 Views

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 15:28 #62285

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
that was one of the most cryptic answers i have received while being here  ???! hahaha! you go DovInIsrael! in the meantime i am going to try and "see this problem from a different perspective"! hahaha thanks!  :D ;D
Last Edit: by .

Re: Just beggining young 22 Apr 2010 23:00 #62550

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell again

Re: Just beggining young 28 Apr 2010 16:56 #63413

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I just thought i would write that i am now 5 days clean and so far today has gone quite smoothly

Re: Just beggining young 28 Apr 2010 17:45 #63423

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright! Glad to hear - and as always, use this clean time to focus on how good it feels to BE clean, and also to prepare yourself for the future.

Have a great day!

Re: Just beggining young 28 Apr 2010 18:08 #63429

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I will try my best!

Re: Just beggining young 28 Apr 2010 18:13 #63430

• commando612
Way to go, CA ! You've recovered from the fall and are climbing up again. And remember, when we fall we only fall a few steps down the mountain; we're not re-starting the climb from the very bottom.

Re: Just beggining young 07 May 2010 15:24 #64284

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I just fell  :'( i am resolved to get back up stronger than ever before! i need to guard my eyes closer, not go on youtube unless looking something up very specifically, i also realized that because of the virus my dad took away the password and i can just watch whatever i would like. i am going  to ask him to put a new one that only he knows. i have a lot to think about and i hope it is only uphill from here.
Last Edit: 07 May 2010 19:12 by .

Re: Just beggining young 07 May 2010 17:04 #64293

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
CA: I bet you can find some comfort in a few things:

1) remember how many more clean days per year you're having now than before you started this work; even a fall a week Ch'V is only 52 per year and over 300 clean ones. Think about it!

2) remember how your average "mainstream American" (i.e., goy) sees all this as normal, even an act of general discussion or even pride. And probably does it every day without a second thought. You are comparing yourself to a very small and refined set of "real" men. And you're average/okay/in-the-bell-shaped-curve even within this group.

3) every fall helps you learn how to stand again. (I almost said 'get up again' but that phrasing is sorta triggering for me. So, frankly, is your description that you fell "hard" (is there another way a guy can fall?; forgive me!!) (And should this be edited out?).

4) you've probably built up your confidence in these areas to find a way to ask your dad for a filter. Not just for your laptop, but for all the PCs in the house. I'm not giving up on this one. DO IT.

Good Shabbos. You're doing fine.

Re: Just beggining young 07 May 2010 19:22 #64313

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks. i have really been thinking over this, a few things have occurred to me, 1 is that i am being way to lax on the guarding of my eyes two is that i must some up the courage to ask for filters 3 that i should try harder to see the beauty in life and to know that p**n is not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination. 4 i know that some people advise against this but this really helps me, plain old listening to music whether a woman is singing a man is a jew a non jew it stirs something inside of me like no other! today i listened to an incredibly moving song and i am not going to say otherwise but i cried  :'( this was soon after my fall and this song has made me cry maybe once or twice before but it really makes me think and feel emotionally in ways i cannot explain! i think something i should try on my agenda is listening to more music everyday. i think it will help a lot as a pick me up a stress reliever as inspiration it is indescribable how much music makes me feel. i am not going to explain it anymore because i can be quite sure some of the guys on this very forum have felt it before and it is something i feel almost every time i listen to music. i stopped for sphira but right now i need to focus on the task at hand. i need to go to youtube way less which will also give me time to other stuff i need to guard my eyes way better and i need to feel emotionally pleased which is something music accomplishes. i know i stressed music a lot here but that is only because for me it was a huge revelation. have a great Shabbos everyone!

Re: Just beggining young 07 May 2010 19:29 #64318

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
very true. the idea is to keep moving forward but to also appreciate where youve come from. have a great Shabbos! 

Re: Just beggining young 07 May 2010 20:33 #64331

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Amenu wrote on 28 Feb 2010 02:09:

I found out the filters password and used it. I recently changed the password so I don't know it but no one knows it so hopefully that does not become a problem.

this is what i wrote when i introduced myself for the first time, i was just looking back at it and i thought it was pretty funny that it did cause a problem which i seemed to bypass but am still feeling the tremors. i can see the future!  you can see it in my thread "comes back to bite me"
Last Edit: 07 May 2010 20:36 by .

Re: Just beggining young 12 May 2010 00:10 #64800

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
i am back on the chart and today is my 4th day when so hopefully i can keep going strong!

Re: Just beggining young 12 May 2010 00:27 #64805

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright! That's great to hear!

Re: Just beggining young 12 May 2010 02:06 #64827

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I think the next few weeks will be easeir not easy but easier i have a lot coming up so not a ton of time to do stuff i don't want to.

Re: Just beggining young 12 May 2010 02:19 #64832

• commando612
Chazak Amenu wrote on 12 May 2010 02:06:

I think the next few weeks will be easeir not easy but easier i have a lot coming up so not a ton of time to do stuff i don't want to.

Great !

P.S. That avatar (picture) you chose is definitely my favorite on GYE !!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes