Welcome, Guest

Chazak Amenu's climb
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chazak Amenu's climb 14205 Views

Re: Just beggining young 01 Apr 2010 19:38 #60021

• Dov
  • Administrator
G, U E welcome!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Just beggining young 09 Apr 2010 21:25 #60580

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have not talked about this before but since i started watching p**n i have also become very prone to wasting a lot of time on the internet instead of doing my homework this eventually lead to falling very behind in my work (i am not even going to name the amount of math chapters i fell behind)! i betrayed my parents and myself. they ended up finding out and it was not pretty! they gave me a second chance and I promised myself i would begin anew but recently have fallen behind again this time not so far behind... yet.
I know that homeschooling is giving me a great shot at success more than anywhere else and i know i am early young enough to turn it around.
I know i am not talking about the p**n addiction aspect of my life but it certainly affected other areas of my life and would love some advice!

Re: Just beggining young 10 Apr 2010 21:52 #60583

• dovinisrael
  • Gold Boarder
hi -

seems like addictions thrive on procrastination.

its caught me too - at work I reduced output down to nearly zero.

one step at a time - do the things you can accomplish..

make a list of everythign which needs to be done - and proioritize as
URGENT
IMPORTANT

canbe delegated.

keep pushing forward - every accomplishment no matter how small is a victory

dov in israel

Re: Just beggining young 11 Apr 2010 03:50 #60599

• Dov
  • Administrator
How about "get off your rear-end and get to work"?

It works for me....

Really, it is amazing how much my stress and complexity-level drops when I just take care of business before the deadlines once in a while....amazing...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Just beggining young 11 Apr 2010 13:47 #60635

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Productivity? I'm the wrong person to comment! Productivity and relationship to addiction? Well, it's got to be related to the same sense of distract-ability.

Sometimes when I can't do something for my OWN benefit, I have to think of someone else. Will someone I care about be HURT if I don't do this now? Can I give some NACHAS to another person by finishing it early? Can I give nachas to the Ribbono shel Oilam by being responsible?

In other words, it's not what I can GET out of it by GETTING it done, but what I can GIVE away by GIVING it my all. Then it becomes a present and not a chore.

I think Reb Dov has written once or twice (x 1MM) on this topic of a giving mentality.

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 01:32 #62165

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Just fell

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 01:46 #62172

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But you're standing right now, right?

Good! That's what's important.

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 06:33 #62215

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Chazak!

I second SB's words.
And from that "I just fell" thread you started,
seems like you have the right attitude,
keep on going man, and keep on posting.

Wishing you a great day!

Sturggle

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 07:52 #62220

• DovInIsrael
fell...shmell!

so what.

winnign is not measured by how many times one falls - but how many times they were willing to get back up

pick your self up... dust your self off...and start climbing agian!

come on - we're just up ahead.. you can do it
(now hurray up )

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 12:42 #62241

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
sturggle wrote on 21 Apr 2010 06:33:

And from that "I just fell" thread you started,
seems like you have the right attitude,

i wish that was true today the side affects are hitting me today and i really want to read and look at p**n! but i am trying no to.

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 13:34 #62249

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I just posted on your 'i fell' thread.

My only add'l comment is that there may be one add'l thing worth considering behind this fall. I'm not sure, since I'm only speaking for me, but...

Maybe before this 55 day streak you weren't sure if any of this was attainable; if you could really break the habit. Now, you have concrete evidence -- 55 days worth -- that it's possible.

Ok, so it's not total and permanent and there are slips and falls. Duh!! But it's not a hopeless goal and it's not an impossible task.

So, you've broken the pattern! You've broken the cycle! Now that you know it's possible, will you really become despondent if there are both hills and valleys in your ascent???  Come on!

So, give some money to your mom (hard to remember you're only 15 - you are so mature in your postings) and have her buy you a treat from the supermarket. Celebrate the broken cycle, not the broken 55 day streak.

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 14:00 #62252

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you guys! i am feeling better already last night the fact that i fell (broke the cycle) after 55 days did not really sink in and when i woke up this morning it did but i feel comforted in the fact that if i can do 55 the first time i can top that the second time round and am sure the 90 days are attainable! i am glad that i found GYE! i think i learned form my previous 55 days and know how to fix up some of the mistakes i made i am excited that i joined the accountability group and i think it will be just another step to the ultimate goal of 90!

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 14:49 #62266

• DovInIsrael
what are you working on in math (the stuff you fell behind on )

maybe I can help.

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 15:09 #62276

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I am working on Algebra (yuck!) my parents ended up finding out about me falling behind the first time and there was a big blow up but they are really good people and they gave me a second chance. recently i was falling behind and that started when i got sick so i made sure to tell them before it got out of hand so right now i am on the right track. thank you for the offer! but i will be working pretty far into the summer but i realize that i deserve that and i am sure there will be time to relax.

ps.

how would you be able to help?

Re: Just beggining young 21 Apr 2010 15:12 #62277

• DovInIsrael
sometimes its a just a matter of SEEing the problem from a different perspective... to find the right answers.

LOL...I guess addictions work the same way.

Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes