Welcome, Guest

Chazak Amenu's climb
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chazak Amenu's climb 14203 Views

Re: Just beggining young 24 Mar 2010 04:00 #59487

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for replying. i will try my best to keep a  8) head i actually just came here because i thought i might fall so this really helps and now i am going to crash i am so tired!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Just beggining young 26 Mar 2010 14:45 #59704

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Amenu wrote on 23 Mar 2010 23:16:
Pesach will be great! cant be on the computer during Yomtov or Shabbos!

And so if you treated Chol Hamoed like it was yomtov, you'd be able to keep off the computer for those days, too? Cool!

(It always amazes me how folks can avoid cigarettes for Shabbos, or cheeseburgers for being shomer-kashrus, etc while still struggling with other addictions. Have you ever seen a kid in a supermarket checkout whining for a chocolate bar, only to back off immediately when Imma says there's no hechsher? If only we could somehow turn our taivas into something assur min haTorah in a way that we'd know to stay away.)

May you have a safe, free, peaceful, elevating Pesach.

Re: Just beggining young 26 Mar 2010 15:14 #59718

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
clean time should be time for growing. When you are clean lool to do allot of chesed.
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Just beggining young 28 Mar 2010 01:25 #59773

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Briut, it is really funny i have thought about that a lot! like we all have an addiction to viewing p**n and when we have more time to do it like lets say on a shabbos afternoon while people are sleeping or whatnot we are repelled by the fact of desacrating the Shabbos it is really strange! anyway i hope everyone ids doing alright and i wish everyone a great and happy pesach just in case i don't post again( i probably will just covering my bases)!

Re: Just beggining young 28 Mar 2010 22:43 #59877

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
CA: I was just listening to some tapes by R' Aryeh Pamensky on Shalom Bayis. (Found thru GYE, by the way. Thanks.)

He talks about the limits we set on our arguments with a spouse. Yell - fine. Point fingers - no sweat. But things we KNOW are off-limits, like hitting or whatever  -- we know better. Just like we know not to scream at our boss. We have limits.

For the guys here, we might know no such limits in our sexuality. The faucet is opened and the floods begin. But SOMEHOW, I think that SOMEWHERE is a place where we can build an artificially-created boundary for ourselves. A prosthetic "stop button." A way to know that we have lines we won't cross.

So, just like Shabbos desecration is off-limits, maybe we can build ourselves a plastic version of putting certain lust behaviors off-limits. Our experience as shomer mitzvos Jews should OUGHTA be good for some kind of starting point, maybe.

Just a thought.  Good yomtov.

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 05:27 #59911

• 123.trying.123
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Some food for thought:

Is it that we have no boundaries or that our boundaries are set much further than others... (quiet a few guys have been addicts for years and yet never actually committed adultery...

Will boundaries created artificially, last?

Is it possible to take the boundary we already have and set it just a bit closer...?

(P.s. this is obviously not the 12 step approach.... but who knows...) 

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 07:14 #59918

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! don't know if I will have time to post tomorow :-)
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 13:51 #59933

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks holy Yid for remembering my B-Day I know i am supposed to take it one day at a time but i hope that this birthday Will signify the end of my p**n watching and new chapter in my life! I hope everyone has a great and meaningful Pesach!

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 14:36 #59935

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
the new chapter is one of being committed to recovery. taking it one day at a time.

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 16:17 #59951

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanx good way of looking at it!

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 19:34 #59958

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Happy birthday - and yes, we take it one day at a time, but I think that there's the plan of living clean from now on.

May this be a year of growth and happiness for you. One in which you feel proud of yourself.

And you should already feel that way, for the growth you've done, and your effort and willingness to continue to improve!

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 19:44 #59959

• Dov
  • Administrator
Amen and thanks!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Just beggining young 29 Mar 2010 20:14 #59961

• Holy Yid
  • Platinum Boarder
we plan to LIVE Clean not be H*** bent on not falling. We LIVE clean by staying clean and being honest and then more honest.

Re: Just beggining young 31 Mar 2010 19:56 #59970

• dovinisrael
  • Gold Boarder
happy birthday!

wow!

its incredible that you are able to look at your self and try to change at your age.

I often wonder how different my life good have been if I did something different at age 17 when I started with this stuff.
but instead I just kept digging a deeeper hole.

i once heard it said - the first step to getting out of  rut is to stop digging!

onward!
forward!
upward!

dov in israel

Re: Just beggining young 01 Apr 2010 17:50 #60013

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanx guys!
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds