Welcome, Guest

Chazak Amenu's climb
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chazak Amenu's climb 14214 Views

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 07 Jun 2010 22:37 #69356

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
well today i controlled my procrastination pretty well...but when my mom left for a few minutes i slipped but she came back quickly so i continued school and the urge left. THANKS MOM, not talking to 7up but might as well thank her as well, Thanks MOM!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 07 Jun 2010 23:05 #69360

• jamies
nice one! so happy for you mate...fells good doing well today no?

keep it up bro!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 12:29 #69428

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Amenu wrote on 06 Jun 2010 21:57:
congratulations to Briut on reaching 90!

Thanks, CA.

You've been making me more aware of all the time I spend online looking for bargains (spend less) when I could be focusing on building more clients (earn more). All the stuff you've taken on, in your teens, is the stuff that folks seem to struggle with throughout a lifetime.

I expect that your consciousness in these tricky topics will give you a much more advanced "base" to work from throughout your life. I've been hearing much about a book that analyzes super-experts in their respective fields. The common thread seems to be that they had a HUGE advantage over others in the NUMBER of repetitions of their basic skills at an early point in life.

The Tiger Woods types had like a million practice swings by the time they were 18, compared to like 50K for other would-be golfers. (I'm talking about golf swings!) The best pianists had played their scales a million times more, etc. Conclusion: the vector of success has a huge head start when the skills are built a few years earlier than the competition.

I know you get a lot of admiring comments about starting young. I'm not trying to add just another 'attaboy' onto the list. I'm trying to say that the results you'll get will be exponentially (!) ahead of where you'd be if you just sat around like a until you got older.

So, it's clear that there's one project here where you are NOT procrastinating. And it's really gonna count on the final. I mean, His final. So maybe there's a little bit of comfort for you to take from that.

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 17:59 #69510

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
maybe a little. I feel i have to do it because other wise i am tanking my life, similar to the por* thing accept that this may have more of an affect on my future

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 18:49 #69528

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Chazak Amenu wrote on 07 Jun 2010 22:37:

well today i controlled my procrastination pretty well...but when my mom left for a few minutes i slipped but she came back quickly so i continued school and the urge left. THANKS MOM, not talking to 7up but might as well thank her as well, Thanks MOM!

Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 20:18 #69545

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Amenu wrote on 08 Jun 2010 17:59:
this may have more of an affect on my future

I've heard there IS in fact a Procrastinators Anonymous 12-step program getting set up. It should be here tomorrow. But of course it's got a step missing. They'll be announcing the meeting location soon.

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 20:20 #69548

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
:

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 20:32 #69550

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Amenu wrote on 08 Jun 2010 20:20:

:

Spoken like a true procrastination addict. I suppose the rest of your comment will be coming later....

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 08 Jun 2010 20:46 #69554

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 09 Jun 2010 00:33 #69597

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
today i got good work done in the morning, and around 4:30 my mom left to pick up my sister from her internship, and i was feeling frustrated and stressed and so i started to slip intentionally, and was going to fall i did not want to call out but i made myself call out to maccabee and he save me from my fall. both of us have been talking so instead of falling i got behind on my work...not too much thank gosh. so me and him are both depressed but we will live. so i am happy i called out and hopefully my streak can commence.

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 10 Jun 2010 22:35 #69994

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello everyone, today went pretty smoothly in terms of the whole por* and masturbatio* thing, I am at level two as of last night, hopefully i can keep going and the days get a little easier than the past few, Congrats to Shlomo on finally getting the news that he can go to Israel! Maccebee stay strong!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 13 Jun 2010 03:06 #70228

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello, I just thought i would give a quick update, i am still clean but i m am also still in a bad and depressed mood and my mom keeps yelling at me that i have attitude and it is just making matters worse. i am tense that even though i have been KEEPING UP with my work the past week, i have not caught up so i am afraid they (my parents) will find that stuff tomorrow, I think if i can get by tomorrow i should be able to catch up...its all up to Hashem though.

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 14 Jun 2010 02:56 #70412

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
well today went pretty well, i was able to play basketball which always makes me feel better so now i am in a relatively good mood. i procrastinated on friday and am going to pay for that tomorrow. I hope that i do well tomorrow because i really don't want to fall! its the start of a new month.

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 14 Jun 2010 03:03 #70414

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
CA: As much as I like to hear your posts, I'm actually sorta happy to see that you're only posting to your own thread about once a day. Gives you time to catch up on other projects. .

It's not only good for schoolwork and stuff, but I'm guessing that when your hands are busy with the work you've been putting off, they're too busy for .  Shkoiach!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 14 Jun 2010 03:31 #70424

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
Glad things went well today! Keep it up!!!  :D
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes