Welcome, Guest

Chazak Amenu's climb
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chazak Amenu's climb 14215 Views

Re: Just beggining young 01 Jun 2010 20:48 #68188

• commando612
Did thinking about that change your mood ?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Just beggining young 01 Jun 2010 20:49 #68189

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, emailing your congress reps and other big shots could be a helpful use of the laptop. Takes up your time that might tempt you to other things. Plus turns that golden calf of a laptop into a vessel for something higher.

A coupla other quick thoughts, if I could.
1) OK, I'll knock it off about your brother perhaps catching on. Doesn't sound like it's relevant in your life. Right now.
2) You really don't want to use the rest of the day taking full advantage of a day "off." It just makes the hangover the next morning all the worse. ("I'm already drunk; let's do more shots.") But you know that in your head. [So have a little face-to-face chat between what the Gemora calls your upper face and your lower face. One of them knows what it's talking about .]

Is the gym open to go shoot some hoops?

Re: Just beggining young 01 Jun 2010 20:52 #68190

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
no it is not, but i am talking to Shlomo righ now and it is helping so...a quick shout out to Shlomo, "thank you Shlomo!"
and to you Briut, thanks Briut!

Re: Just beggining young 01 Jun 2010 21:04 #68194

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
YAY! Don't succumb! Don't succumb!

Re: Just beggining young 01 Jun 2010 21:18 #68196

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Briut, Shlomo is keeping me busy and so is DovInIsrael now.

Re: Just beggining young 01 Jun 2010 23:33 #68220

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak Amenu wrote on 01 Jun 2010 21:18:
Thanks Briut, Shlomo is keeping me busy and so is DovInIsrael now.

I'm hoping that the keyboard use is still keeping your hands busy from anything else....

You know I don't like using the word addict when it comes to you, CA, but I will say that "quitting" any bad habit is difficult. Cigarettes, overeating, whatever. This just happens to be a habit that's physically attached to you. I can imagine, though, that if a smoker had cigarettes growing out of his navel, he'd find quitting even tougher. You'll be okay.

Re: Just beggining young 02 Jun 2010 00:54 #68232

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I am moving to the WALL OF HONOR now

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 01:11 #68236

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in the wall of honor and just like Shlomo did i will tell what thread i moved from, Just beginning young is where i came from. thanks guys.

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 01:53 #68240

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I am sweating so bad right now...my dad is installing the filter and before i gave him the laptop i wanted to make sure nothing incriminating could be seen...well i looked and you can click on something and shows your history of websites you go on and guess what very incriminating stuff is there!
i am so scared! writing now is the only thing keeping me from throwing up! oh my gosh! Plaease Hashem Help me!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 01:55 #68241

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
1. Don't sweat it. Hashem is running the universe. Probably, nothing will happen. Even if something happens, I can't even COUNT the number of times that my worst fear became the biggest possible bracha.

Take deep breaths.

2. Shouldn't this be the TREE of honor, oh squirrely one?

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 01:55 #68242

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks for replying Briut! aaaaaahhhhhhh!  :o

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 01:56 #68244

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
And by the way i was brain storming things to call my thread and now you come up with that, dang should have asked you! i am going to see what is going on now!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 02:02 #68247

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
No screaming my name yet or calling me nothing not a peep! it is taking way too long! wow my stomach is in a not! wow wow wow wow wow! i am absolutely hysterical! what is going to happen!? wow i hope everything goes smoothly and i will look back at these past few posts and llllllllaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhhh!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 02:10 #68249

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I can LLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! WHEW! nothing happened! i have a filter and am good to go! Thank you Hashem! wow! that killed me emotionally! good night everyone!

Re: Chazak Amenu's climb 02 Jun 2010 02:27 #68252

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem is running the universe. Whether you like it or not. Whether you like the results or not. Whether you think it's good or not.

Glad you happened to like this result, CA. But I'll add in that "liking it is not the point." Loving Hashem, and His ways, and His torah/laws -- THAT's the point."

In other words, would your day have gone as well if your dad HAD found your browsing history; could you have seen it as bashert & bracha etc?

But you know that. So, get to sleep already. [tasteless comment about nuts under the covers edited out before posting, in deference to community standards]
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes