Welcome, Guest

Starting my real battle today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting my real battle today 5383 Views

Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 20:15 #5100

• perfectnose
Ever since joining this site around two days ago, I found things pretty easy. I am on my third day sitting by my computer browsing the web and I am having my first urges. Instead of acting upon them I hit this website to discuss it. On another note how can I find somebody to be my sponsor or whatever it called. I did find a previous post with a questionaire but what I am I suppose to do with it?

Last Edit: by guardeolhoso.

Re: Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 20:23 #5102

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
See here.

Download and fill out the questionnaire, and then send it to us and we'll try and find you a partner/sponsor.

2 Questions, Tzadik.
1) Do you have a good internet filter/accountability software?
2) Have you started reading the GYE handbooks yet?

If you take this battle for your soul seriously, you will do BOTH of the above  :D

May Hashem be with you.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by lion.

Re: Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 20:24 #5103

• bardichev
Wecome aboard!!!

We on these forums are all  trying to reach one goal to break an addiction.
Doing that requires work. Work is hard but work is rewarding. If it was easy to break any Midddah or any negative behavoir pattern by just making up your mind and POOF!! I"M a new person if it was that easy we wouldn't be here.
On the other hand every day we grow every challenge we overcme every time we look away from the pretty woman every time we don’t SURF the net  every time we overcome an urge just to take one peek. All those victories build you elevate you they give you strength.

I found alot of my  addiction was triggered by boredom .Use your head BEFORE you go online read some of the stories and the chziuk here BFORE you keep on going It is a great motivator and a great Reminder.

POST AWAY!!
h&H
bardichev
Last Edit: by .

Re: Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 20:41 #5105

• perfectnose
GUE I read the handbook with 18 steps. The problem with internet filtering is that i do work that needs the internet and since I love history I am constantly using the internet for research (I hope these are not just excuses)

Who should I send the questionaire too?
Last Edit: by metman30000.

Re: Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 20:43 #5106

• perfectnose
sorry I just saw the email with the link..... I apologize I know your time is precious.
Last Edit: by raeltjie.

Re: Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 20:50 #5108

• the.guard
If you MUST have open internet, at least get accountability software: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Filters/Accountability.asp
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Ploney Almoney.

Re: Starting my real battle today 20 May 2009 21:55 #5110

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear perfectnose - please see my reply to your other thread, it was great to read your story! Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by mramos91.

Re: Starting my real battle today 21 May 2009 02:23 #5121

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow! I'm very impressed! I have to ask you to forgive me for misjudging you in my mind at first.

I thought wrongly that you are still far from committing to serious change, based on reading your first post.

I now realize that I was wrong.

You really have what it takes to commit to change, & with this power I'm sure you will finally free yourself from all your Problems.

Get you weapons loaded because your in for a huge fight with the Yetser Hora. Don't Give up, we will be here to back you up & you will be here to back us up, & together we will prevail.

I see that you love history, you now have the opportunity to be part of history.

One day you will be a role model for all of us to look up to. because from what you have gone through till now & get out of it is something to look up to & admire.

Keep it up!
Don't Give Up!
We need you!
Ashrecho Yisroel!
Last Edit: by Singularity.

Re: Starting my real battle today 21 May 2009 03:11 #5123

• perfectnose
hey just because I do not think I am as bad as some others doesn't mean i am not serious
Last Edit: by sadderthanfunny.

Re: Starting my real battle today 21 May 2009 16:09 #5143

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Your Right! I Wronged and that is why I asked you to forgive me.

It its more that I'm trying to work on not judging others Period.

We can never know what is behind the person we seem the judge so quickly.

Deep down in there hearts every jew & I mean every last one of them wants to be good & close to Hashem.

We never know what it is that gets in there way.

But on this site we have the opportunity to actually see the hidden strengths of everyone.

Ashrecho Yisroel
Last Edit: by Willing to learn.

Re: Starting my real battle today 25 May 2009 18:27 #5269

• perfectnose
another hard day....... My yetzer hara is trying everything it could to drive me back to the filth. It is trying every trick in the book. A Rabbi once told me that it says in sefarim that the yetzer hara does'nt come one day and tell you to serve avoyda zara. The old fool knows that you would never listen. So he starts slowly. Telling you to do a small infracture of a minhag or miderabbanan. Once he loops you into this he gets you to grow in your infractures until he gets you to do something completely issur. From there he slowly grows it until one day he can tell you go do avoyda zara..

My yetzer hara is doing the same thing now. The menuval is telling me, go take an extra look at the untzniyus picture. Go linger on a bad thought for an extra couple of seconds. I just feel him trying to grown in strength and weaken my resolve. But as a teacher once told me, you body is like a small city which has in it different opinions some good and some evil, but your mind is the ruler who can decide which way he will lean. And Rabboysay today I am going to tell the menuval to go pound sand.....
Last Edit: by olive.

Re: Starting my real battle today 25 May 2009 19:08 #5270

• bardichev
dear perfect

One hour at a time .Push him off .He has no time to waste on you.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Starting my real battle today 25 May 2009 19:30 #5271

• perfectnose
i am not perfect, only my nose is :-)
Last Edit: by greatguy.

Re: Starting my real battle today 25 May 2009 20:50 #5278

• the.guard
Dear PN, you have a great attitude!

Make sure to read the handbooks slowly but surely, a little bit each day. They will help A LOT in the long term, and they will give you a clear cut framework to work with.
Last Edit: by cupcake.

Re: Starting my real battle today 26 May 2009 02:28 #5292

• yetzertov
perfectnose wrote on 25 May 2009 19:30:

i am not perfect,

Perfect, you have a nefesh Eloka mimaal MAMASH, a soul that is TRULY a part of G-d above. YOUR SOUL IS INDEED PERFECT.
Last Edit: 26 May 2009 03:38 by qwert.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes