Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Britt's Beyond 34224 Views

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 16 Nov 2010 04:15 #85088

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
WOW!!!

Your 'puppet master' is extremely talented!
Last Edit: by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 16 Nov 2010 04:44 #85091

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
"My mindset is that a real 'winner/gibbur/master' would clear the bar even if it's Mt. Everest". There is nothing wrong with that attitude. The big question is what's the bar.  Sometimes sitting back and letting go is Everest itself.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 16 Nov 2010 20:59 #85182

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I remember myself telling someone else on this Forum (I think I remember who, but won't say) about Moshe and the sneh. The real divine message didn't come through all the fire and smoke and noise and drama -- it came from the small, quiet little voice that followed all the drama. So maybe all the fireworks and drama aren't needed in the first place to get to that still, small voice.

I'm not sure yet what I'm talking about with this, but I think it's a good direction.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 04:13 #85237

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
By the way... that Shmuz CD that HKB'H put in my path yesterday -- hishtadlus vs emunah?

I haven't played it yet...

Ain't human beings just hilarious?!

[as in, anyone know the joke that concludes, "two boats and a helicopter" ?]

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 06:15 #85246

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
try putting off the procrastination for one day at a time...
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 06:17 #85247

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Why put it off to tomorrow if you can do it the day after that.
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 12:07 #85261

• frumfiend
i dont know why but hashem always makes me lucky.
How about that?

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 16:42 #85307

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Briut wrote on 16 Nov 2010 20:59:

I remember myself telling someone else on this Forum (I think I remember who, but won't say) about Moshe and the sneh.

It was me, i dont mind (unless you had other motives for not wanting to say) it's an honour to be mentioned on your wonderful thread!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 19:44 #85357

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Briut wrote on 16 Nov 2010 20:59:

I remember myself telling someone else on this Forum (I think I remember who, but won't say) about Moshe and the sneh. The real divine message didn't come through all the fire and smoke and noise and drama -- it came from the small, quiet little voice that followed all the drama. So maybe all the fireworks and drama aren't needed in the first place to get to that still, small voice.

I think it's actually a story that happened with Eliyahu Hanavi, when he went to try and give the Torah back to Hashem.

KOL D'MAMA DAKA, the still, small, voice.

And it's still a small voice.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 17 Nov 2010 19:48 #85358

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
some translate 'kol demama daka' as the sound of silence (for real)
same goes for 'chashmal', 'chash' means quiet and 'mal' means speaking
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 21 Nov 2010 02:39 #85939

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Another post to the file, so I won't forget....

The Big Guy Upstairs (TBG'U) had a very "loud and clear" message for me Friday night:
"Briut, a human being is not a pest." 

(Dear readers: if you understand that message, you can stop reading right now.)

You see, I walked into shul and landed near someone wearing lots of cologne. [I'm quite allergic; my nose clogged; my palate and tongue turned numb; this meant no sense of taste at dinner. Oy. (Of course, I DID move my seat.)] Next, I saw the guy at the amud and decided he had no business there [too young; no musical sense; adds off-key chazannus. Oy.] Add in a few more "oy" moments, and you get the picture. RID.

And then, I heard it. "Briut, a human being is not a pest." And I started arguing back. YES HE IS: this one messed up my dinner and that one's singing in my ear off-key and that other one....

But HKBH persisted. "No, I made them. They're part of My plan. They're doing what I need them to do. You have to join Me over here and see how they're not pests at all. They're my handiwork. Period."

And I thought about it a long time, and realized something on a newer, deeper level than before. Namely, everyone's playing out the role TBG'U has set for us. We're all doing divine work. So nobody else's divine work should be bothering me. And if it does, the issue is with ME and not with their divine service.

So I got an inkling into how folks like my Rav shlita can stand listening for hours to people who seem crazy, homeless, annoying, or simply clueless. He's not a saint, and he hasn't grown blind to their traits. He's probably just come to a deeper awareness that "a human being is not a pest."

"A mensch iz nisht kain a nudnik." [help if you've got a better translation; thx] Note to self: Remember it.
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2010 13:44 by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 21 Nov 2010 06:49 #85975

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 17 Nov 2010 19:48:

some translate 'kol demama daka' as the sound of silence (for real)
same goes for 'chashmal', 'chash' means quiet and 'mal' means speaking

SIMON AND GARFUNKEL?

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 21 Nov 2010 20:23 #86036

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow - I need to remember that, too...thanks!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 22 Nov 2010 04:03 #86100

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks for the amazing post!

"But HKBH persisted. "No, I made them. They're part of My plan. They're doing what I need them to do. You have to join Me over here and see how they're not pests at all. They're my handiwork. Period.""

Whew!  that is so beautiful.  Just work my own program.  Thanks for sharing another Briut and Hashem story. 

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 22 Nov 2010 04:52 #86111

• frumfiend
Briut that post was beautifull and very yesodosdik.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes