Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Britt's Beyond 34370 Views

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 10:54 #69018

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
JUST MADE IT.
MY FIRST TIME TO 90 DAYS.

So, please post a note to
WISH ME A MAZEL TOV!
(So, nu, post already...all you silent lurkers out there.)
Last Edit: 06 Jun 2010 14:41 by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 12:05 #69028

• jamies
mazelllltoooovvvv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

may you continue to grow from strength to strength, in your new life, enjoy your pure neshoma!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 13:02 #69039

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MAZAL TOV BRIUT, YOU HELP SO MANY PEOPLE OUT INCLUDING MYSELF AND WE ARE SO HAPPY YOU REACHED YOUR GOAL AND CONTINUE TO CLIMB! CONGRATS!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 15:37 #69078

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel Tov, Briut!!!!!!

All i can say is thanks for helping all of us out on your journey to 90.

And now on to 120.....years that is 

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 15:40 #69080

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov Bruit!

What an amazing feat! Remember Hakadosh Baruch Hu does all his work behind the scenes so dont forget to thank Him! Maybe a Seudas Hoda'ah is called for???

Keep on trucking buddy! (ya, I think you can use that for the 'high' times also  :-X)

-Yiddle

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 16:03 #69083

• yechielm
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
Mazal Tov!!!!!!

I'm so proud of you! May you be zoche to go m'choyil el choyil!

We love and respect you man!

Y

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 20:11 #69109

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
MAZAL TOV Big B!! You made it!!

May all the promises of the new 90 day psyche be fulfilled for you!!

Tho' it gets easier, remember - all we ever have is just TODAY, so make TODAY count, and the past days will all come along mameilah. MAy you find true FREEDOM from the addiction, which means that eventually the urge will hardly ever be on the radar, and when it does show up, you will have the tools to dismiss it like a pesky fly on your shoulder.

May HKB"H give you all His blessings of Kedusha and Tahara, today and every day.

Steve
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 21:45 #69131

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 06 Jun 2010 20:11:
May HKB"H give you all His blessings of Kedusha and Tahara, today and every day.

AWMAYN, Steve!! AWMAYN! So may it be for all of us.

And thanks to everyone for replying. And don't stop posting these congratulations -- I'm finding that it's a particularly delicate day for some reason, and seeing that I'm not talking to a dial tone is particularly comforting today. (Maybe I could tell y'all why... later.) So pick up your pen and say something. Thanks.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 06 Jun 2010 22:32 #69148

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov reb briut! just noticed that u were aiming for the big 90 days, thought u were past it from the tone in ur posts, but i guess i was wrong, yeah just like me being past 120 but still VERY lust sick, so u can be b4 90 & more healthy than me, i guess the days don’t make a real difference, anyhow hope u feel gr8 about it & u can continue ur goal whatever it is with simcha

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 07 Jun 2010 01:39 #69173

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yo, babay....mazel tov on today! 91 is a nice gematria.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 07 Jun 2010 07:26 #69218

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Vau, congratulations. All these posts and happy thoughts and the feeling in my heart made my day and my week and... I got a feeling  like a baby is born. Thus Schechina is closer again!
Vau, it is possible! A new day and a new start, day by day. This makes me cry, finally tears of joy.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 07 Jun 2010 17:22 #69298

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Mazel Tov Briut! i love your style and honesty, methinks you will go far
hatzlacha rabbah
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 07 Jun 2010 20:09 #69318

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 92.  I'm very grateful to all the post-ers and good wishes. It helped me get through days 90 and 91 so that I'd have a little perspective for asking the next question:

WHY.

Sure, I know what I've accomplished in these 90 days. (And in the 69 before them. About 160 clean days, minus 1.) Not just avoiding all 'that' stuff, but really addressing some truly tough emotional baggage behind it. And I'm proud of my gumption for not shying away from the tough stuff.

But what I did, and how I did it, isn't really on my mind right now. It's WHY.

I've been pushing off the Yetser each day, telling him I'm busy and come back later. That I'm in the midst of working toward 90. So he was crouching at the door for day 91. And now he says, "let's go party!" And I say, no. And he says, WHY?

And I need to remember WHY.  Hmmnn.

Had I felt like a hypocrite? Not really; I actually felt sorta victorious in cobbling together a workable life from a mess (!) of incompatible parts. Sorta like an "Rh baby" getting constant transfusions, perhaps.

Had I hit "bottom?" Not really; my marriage was intact, with my wife knowing everything; my Rav knew; no arrests; no STDs; I grew in Yiddishkeit daily although still a few shy of 613.

Had I hated my life? Not really: wife, kids, pay the bills, warm house & home.

So, WHY was I doing this? Because Rav Arush wrote that the p**n had to go for a marriage to work? Because I wasn't sure if the call to purity was a gift of G-d who'd help me succeed or a cruel trick of the Y'H who'd bring me to destruction?

Well, here I am. The Y'H's at the door. "Why won't you come out and party?"

And I know I've got some answers up here somewhere. But I forgot to pull them out and polish them up before he came by with the question.

Help, anyone??!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 07 Jun 2010 20:26 #69323

• yedidyaaleph
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel Tov on staying clean!
Hope all is well.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 07 Jun 2010 20:40 #69326

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks, YA.
Staying clean? I suppose, yeah.
Doing well? Well, other than the mental torture, I suppose .
Thanks for asking.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes