Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Britt's Beyond 34225 Views

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 08 Feb 2010 16:52 #51936

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Me3 wrote on 08 Feb 2010 16:25:

Insulted  >

Oops. Ok Me3, I'll do whatever you want me to do.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 08 Feb 2010 16:55 #51937

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Remember that raise we were discussing for my invaluable contributions to life and the sciences?

(BTW Briut there's an old chinese proverb about "he who hijacketh threads of others may find his own threadeth hijacked".)
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2010 17:01 by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 08 Feb 2010 22:08 #52031

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Briut wrote on 08 Feb 2010 20:10:

26 days and counting: when did you say that crash might hit, Me3? Ch'V!

As long as it's not TODAY.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 09 Feb 2010 13:17 #52170

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you implying that people here on the forum arent sensitive to those with ssa?? In the short time ive been here i havent noticed anything of the sort. Maybe im just misreading your posts. :-\

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 09 Feb 2010 13:53 #52177

• the.guard
Briut, since you are becoming quite a regular on this forum, I think it's time we upgraded you to the "Wall of honor" thread - instead of having so many pages on the "Introduce yourself" thread. What do you say? Can I split this thread somewhere and move it there? If you agree, tell me from which reply and on I should split it from...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 09 Feb 2010 14:18 #52180

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Guard: You're right that I've been in a manic frenzy of posting. Mostly to fuel the manic frenzy of emotional work I've been going through.  But Wall of Honor seems like totally the wrong place:  I have no kaballa for 90 days or anything else.  This is strictly in G-d's hands right now.  If I've overstayed my welcome in introducing myself (I see my frenzied posting has moved me up from Newbie already), maybe it's just a break free thread.  Are you up to a PM to figure it out? Thx.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2011 22:17 by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 09 Feb 2010 20:24 #52258

• the.guard
Wall of honor is for anyone on the journey... after the initial "introduce yourself" of a day or two... Don't worry, you'll do fine there, we're all holding on to you now 

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 09 Feb 2010 20:45 #52267

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I appreciate your vote of confidence that I'm 'on the journey.' (Funny, I don't even remember buying a ticket. Or a destination. Or anything....)

I'd like to thank everyone who indulged me in my various inquiries, sharings, etc.  You're very kind to take the time.  I guess I'm on the journey now; Hashem's gonna have to be the pilot & the co-pilot, 'cause I'm flying blind.  But, let's go. Wheeeee.

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 09 Feb 2010 22:47 #52319

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
wow with a pilot and copilot like that your gonna get REAL far!!!

Keep on flying bro!!!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 10 Feb 2010 17:03 #52496

• the.guard
I split Briut's thread in the "Introduce Yourself" board and moved it over to the "Wall of Honor" board after consulting with him...

After a long "Introduce Yourself", Briut is no longer a "Newbie". He has become a strong force of good and healing on this forum, and he deserves to be upgraded to the Wall of Honor, don't you think?  

From here and on, he is letting go of the controls and letting Hashem fly for him.... He's on auto-pilot, one day at a time, to true emotional health (la-Briut) and Beyond!!
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2010 17:11 by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 10 Feb 2010 17:10 #52501

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright!

Rock on, bro!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 10 Feb 2010 17:28 #52513

• briut
  • Platinum Boarder
OK, guys, please help!

I just got moved to the Wall of Honor thread.  I'm lost! I don't even have a map!  Maybe you can help.

My questions from this side of the wall:

1) What the heck is it with making a 90-day kaballa if the goal is One Day at a Time? Why aren't they in conflict?

2) Why is this a Wall of Honor? I want to run away from Honor: isn't that the halacha? Is there a deeper reason for the name?

3) Do folks really follow the threads of other people as this goes forward? Should I be posting specific questions etc in a Break Free thread?

4) Do you know why I might be feeling so lost and confused? Is it because Guard put me on a Journey now, when I didn't even know I was standing on a train and fer sure didn't know it would start moving and definitely don't know its destination. How does 'let go and let G-d' work on this feeling?

Thanks.  Let's hope the journey is more like the ski lift upwards than the ski life in Ch'V the opposite direction!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 10 Feb 2010 17:44 #52516

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Briut wrote on 10 Feb 2010 17:28:

OK, guys, please help!

I just got moved to the Wall of Honor thread.  I'm lost! I don't even have a map!  Maybe you can help.

My questions from this side of the wall:

1) What the heck is it with making a 90-day kaballa if the goal is One Day at a Time? Why aren't they in conflict?

Sorry we should have been more clear. You see 1+1=2+1=3+1=4............=90

2) Why is this a Wall of Honor? I want to run away from Honor: isn't that the halacha? Is there a deeper reason for the name?

Don't worry about this honor it aint like you're gonna be standing with a group of friends after davening in shul and boasting about it

3) Do folks really follow the threads of other people as this goes forward? Should I be posting specific questions etc in a Break Free thread?

There's a ticker that says how many times you're thread's been read. As you can see nobody follows yours.

4) Do you know why I might be feeling so lost and confused? Is it because Guard put me on a Journey now, when I didn't even know I was standing on a train and fer sure didn't know it would start moving and definitely don't know its destination. How does 'let go and let G-d' work on this feeling?

It means you are feeling lost. Let go & Let G-d.

Thanks.  Let's hope the journey is more like the ski lift upwards than the ski life in Ch'V the opposite direction!
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2010 21:07 by .

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 10 Feb 2010 17:51 #52519

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't answer all your questions, but I can share my thoughts on a few of them.

1) In general, we're not trying to be sober for one day. However, one day is a victory by itself, and that's all we focus on when we're struggling. But of course the goal is to be sober forever, and every day is a step towards that goal - that's why in AA, they count the days - it's not just one day, and then another one day. There's also a realization, I think, that being sober gets you further away from the unhealthy behavior, and makes you a healthier person.

And finally, there's a goal of reaching 90 days, at which point the habit aspect, where our addiction is hardwired in our brains, is adjusted.

2) We're not looking for honor from other people. We're talking about true honor, as ni, being an honorable person. Having true chashivus.

3) People do follow threads on the WOH threads, but you can also post specific questions in break free. (I think?)

4) I'm going to let other people answer this one...I'll try to think it over in the meantime, and maybe get back to you later.

KOT!!

Re: La-Briut and Beyond! 10 Feb 2010 17:52 #52521

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Speak to Dov. Hes still going one day at a time. Hes now over 13 years. One has nothing to do with the other.

And dont feel lost. Its just like he changed your address without actually changing location.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes