Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54098 Views

Status, and tip 06 Jul 2009 07:18 #8213

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi,
I thought I'd update everyone that thank HaShem I have 10 clean days so far. I haven't had that many days for a few weeks. I thank HaShem and Duvid Chaim's call group which offers hope and a way to fight the addiction with yesodot from the ground up.

Also, here's a new strategy I'm using. Besides breaking the day up into 3 segments (morning, afternoon, and night), and thanking HaShem after every clean segment, I'm also breaking up the week into 2 halves (3 days and 4 days). I chart how many clean days and unclean days so that my weekly scorecard looks something like 2-1 and 4-0, or 3-0 and 3-1, or hopefully 3-0 and 4-0. You get the idea. I got the idea from baseball, where two teams usually play 3 or 4 games with each other at a time. This allows me to feel like a winner, even if I fall, knowing that even though I lost one game, I'm still ahead in the overall series. This is similar to GYE's idea of charting clean days before and after falls, not just the falls. This way, I can feel good after having a clean half-week, which is a more manageable time frame for me than 90 days. So, I'm taking it one-third of a day at a time, but my "long-term" goal is only 3 or 4 clean days, then I play "a different" series against the Y"H.

Good luck to everyone, and play ball!
Last Edit: by Ibn Amminadab.

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jul 2009 09:27 #8219

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
10 days?! Momo you're the best!

I LOVE your idea and baseball mashal and Im so glad youve found something which is working for you.
Im not sure I can play ball, but count on me for the fans! ;D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009 10:08 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jul 2009 13:31 #8234

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
I am so proud that you are at ten days. it must be an extremely difficult battle. The sechar for every segment of your day is probably unimaaginable. Keep us posted. It is a big Chizuk for everyone.
Last Edit: by Ballen.

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jul 2009 13:39 #8236

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Super Hoping,

Thank you for your beautiful post. Yes, sometimes every third of a day segment is very difficult (like today), but other days it's easier.
I keep reminding myself that I just need to get through the next third of a day, and for whatever reason, HaShem chose us (even thought we didn't ask for it) to fight the greatest battle of our generation. Everyone on this forum are superheros for staying in the game.

It's good to hear from you again. It's been a while. I just checked out your journal, and I see you are at 36 days. WOW! Kol Hakavod! You give me something to aspire to.

Your friend,
Momo
Last Edit: by YosefMo.

Grrrrrrr 07 Jul 2009 06:23 #8277

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Grrrrrr. After 11 clean days I fell. I was just feeling so restless and jumpy inside, I felt like I had to relieve the pressure the only way I know how.

Super 7Up, I made the calculation, and I earned at least one million clean seconds!

Beezrat HaShem, I will not dwell on today's loss, and I'll get right "back on the horse" fighting the Y"H. Beezrat HaShem, I will not let one loss lead to another.

Up, up, and away......

Last Edit: by shomer bro.

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jul 2009 07:09 #8279

• philpher
One of the steps of success that I have experienced so far (steps - because Be"h is should go further) is an ability to have much cleaner breaks between what seems to be an inevitable fall. Focusing on the cleaner interim periods rather than on the apparent necessity to fall at the end should enhance the whole period. That way the success is visible and the area of difficulty doesn't impinge too much, but without thinking that it will forever be insurmountable.

These thought are after very frequent falls at a similar point - after about 9 till 11 days the YH advances seem completely overpowering. But hopefully the perspective above will be of some assistance.
Last Edit: by YaakovShalem.

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jul 2009 08:06 #8280

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
1 million seconds Momo! I wish there was a smiley icon of applauding 8)

What's impressing me most, is your positive attitude towards this minor setback. That horse is a mean fighter, but you'll tame him yet!

We're all rooting for you,

7up
Last Edit: by jjhuy12.

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jul 2009 09:34 #8287

• battleworn
Reb Momo, if you keep up the positive attitude, you're guaranteed to win!

How about if we come to an agreement right now, that the next time this feeling comes over you, you'll call me before acting out? (If you want to speak before that, you can call me today.)
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jul 2009 09:55 #8288

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Battleworn,
I totally forgot that I have your number. Blee neder, if I remember, I'd love to call you next time.
Thanks!

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Jul 2009 08:30 #8350

• chl
bs"d

Super Momo,

i was just catching up on your thread. i am so proud of you. thanks for teaching us how to get up again. and i love the superhero idea  :D

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Jul 2009 08:33 #8351

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks SuperCHL for the kind words.

It's nice to know I'm teaching how to get up after falling, but it would be even nicer if I wasn't falling. 

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Jul 2009 09:22 #8354

• chl
Last Edit: by chaim6137.

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Jul 2009 10:18 #8355

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Super Momo,

You're not falling, you're stumbling!

Before you hit the ground nowadays, you're already bouncing back for more :D :D :D
Last Edit: by Ronen13940.

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Jul 2009 12:16 #8363

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Just checking that 'All's well in Denmark"? :D :D :D

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Jul 2009 21:46 #8413

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Hi Momo, did you see the very bottom of today's chizuk e-mail (#524)? 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes