Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54338 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Nov 2009 16:23 #29303

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Rage ATM wrote on 18 Nov 2009 15:52:

so happy to hear the good word...momo, the thing you wrote that i found most encouraging was what you said about finding another job...it seems like your place of employ is causing you a lot of grief...i wish i can do the same...by the time i figured out that i didnt like litigating i was making to much money to stop...

Now combine a job you hate with not making enough money and your recipe for disaster is mixed and bubbling...
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by madnman42069.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Nov 2009 17:51 #29318

• Dov
  • Administrator
7Up wrote on 18 Nov 2009 16:23:

so happy to hear the good word...momo, the thing you wrote that i found most encouraging was what you said about finding another job...it seems like your place of employ is causing you a lot of grief...i wish i can do the same...by the time i figured out that i didnt like litigating i was making to much money to stop...

Now combine a job you hate with not making enough money and your recipe for disaster is mixed and bubbling...

Now combine a job you hate with not making enough money and then add acting out, and you have just placed a leaf-blower in front of a pan of liquid egg batter mix!

What's wrong with me?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Trying to end the struggle.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Nov 2009 17:55 #29320

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
dov wrote on 18 Nov 2009 17:51:

7Up wrote on 18 Nov 2009 16:23:

Now combine a job you hate with not making enough money and then add acting out, and you have just placed a leaf-blower in front of a pan of liquid egg batter mix!

What's wrong with me?

Sometimes R' Dov has a way of puting things which even Rage couldnt top!
Last Edit: by CSS.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Nov 2009 19:27 #29353

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder

You don't really expect out sympathy , right? Poor, poor, rich rage...
Last Edit: by Eved of hashem.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Nov 2009 21:48 #29395

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey rage if you want ill take some of your money. That should make it easier for you to quit your job! ;D ;D ;D :D :D
Last Edit: by judah123.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 08:57 #29443

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, I'm not rich, but the money I'm making is pretty good. I'd get a lot less if I leave, and that's part of the problem I'm facing (deciding whether to leave or not).

Yesterday was a great day! I decided to work from home. I then went on a 1 hour hike in the hills behind my house, and I really enjoyed that. Then I spent time with my family and reading some interesting stuff before bed.

I actually acted out also while I was working. I felt like it was so hard to sit and work, so I surfed around. Of course I didn't think I would surf for an hour, and I thought of going for a walk, but I was afraid if I walked, it would take too much time out of my day and  I wouldn't finish my work that I had to finish. But, now I see that I wasted an hour surfing. so, instead of wasting an hour surfing and acting out, I it would have been better for me to have gone for my 1 hour hike during the work day instead. As they say, hindsight is 20-20.

Today is more dull. I'm back at work. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but it's hard not to get sucked into the workplace abyss....

I'd like to think I can turn my life around forever into doing fun things that I enjoy, and not just for one day (yesterday). I guess it takes time. But, it's hard to so enjoyable things if I don't enjoy my work, and I spend most of my day at work.

How do you guys like my new picture and signature?
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2009 10:05 by gannitzachon.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 10:05 #29449

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
I love your new avatar and signature!

Yesterday sounds amazing. A whole day of living!
Remember, you are still new to this whole concept, dont expect total turn around in one day.
How about another hike when you get home today?
Last Edit: by Temp.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 10:08 #29450

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, when I get home I'll want to see my family for a bit. And eat supper. And it will be dark outside, and I'm afraid to walk the hills in my area at night (afraid of human animals and real animals that lurk around the area).

Any other ideas how to turn a boring workday into a living day are welcome. 
Last Edit: by refoelgoldman.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 10:12 #29451

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Chose a workmate to 'sponsor' - think of ways to brighten his day (bring him a coffee, shmooze, send him a funny email etc)

Google info on some interesting flora and fauna growing in your area, so next hike you'll know what youre seeing
Last Edit: by sammorris.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 11:31 #29457

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Momo, I like your avatar!

Check out this post.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Yossell.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 11:46 #29459

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo great avatar! even better signature. Hey i can come visit you if youd  like?? ;D :D Try thinking of things that you are grateful for. Write them down. Youll se it will take time off your hands and it will make you feel so much better. Try it youll see.
Last Edit: by sunmoonstar.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 14:52 #29479

• habib613
momo i LOVE your avatar!

u had a great yesterday and a blah today, right?
and you're thinking that tomorrow is going to be blah too.

so how about this. start looking for a job. lets say for 5 minutes a day, think about your ideal job.

at least you'll have a chance everyday to look forward to the future.
and when you get home (as long as it's not to late), do stuff with your kids/ wife.

bake cookies with your kids, or learn with them, or just sit on their bed, smiling, and tell them a story.

they will appreciate it a millionfold, and you'll feel like a special father
Last Edit: by Shalit.

Re: Momo II: Another try 19 Nov 2009 17:42 #29503

• Dov
  • Administrator
...love your new avatar thingie, Momo!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by awesomeness.

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Nov 2009 08:35 #29660

• jerusalemsexaddict
Momo!!
Beautiful man
I'm so happy right now.
And yes,like mom said,it's a process.
And we're here for you whenever you pop in.
I find that being with people is infinetely better than being alone in terms of living.
I try being with open and sincere and fun people who have trust written all over them.
Kids also are very geshmack.You see the simple pleasures of life so clearly.
At work:we discussed this already!!Print out pictures and jokes and hang them up around your cubicle.Make the environment a chilled one.It's in your hands,dude.And mom also had some good ideas.
Regarding life:Rav Shlachter suggested to me to take on some sort of project.That will keep us connected no matter what.
Any ideas?

Have a great shabbos momo!Once it begins,it just keeps getting better and better
-uri
Last Edit: by Anizury.

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Nov 2009 17:48 #29782

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Regarding life:Rav Shlachter suggested to me to take on some sort of project.That will keep us connected no matter what.
Any ideas?

Anything on this page can help maybe?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Yoel23.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes