Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54332 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Nov 2009 12:31 #27606

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
I'd hate to give up therapy if I fall once this week. But, the 12 steps do say that nothing works except for the 12 steps, not even therapy. So, I guess we'll see which weapon is stronger.

A wise diabetic doesnt say let me take insulin OR refine my eating habits and I'll see which helps.
He tries both simultaneously in the hope of healing as quickly as possible.

Do it Momo!
You are too important to give up on.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by ok26.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Nov 2009 12:57 #27610

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Momo, good to hear from you... I've been wondering where / how you are...

"Fell shmell" is not a GYE motto unless you're trying 

In SA they say, "we often ask Hashem to take it away from us because we don't want to give it up ourselves"... Hashem won't take it away before we are ready to give it up.

Please continue reading the daily e-mails... yesterday I posted something great from Uri that would talk to you... Can you read yesterday's e-mail?

Also, see this amazing post of Dov's...

Are you still on Duvid Chaim's calls? Rabbi Twerski once wrote "Psychotherapy is the frosting on the cake, but the 12 step program is the cake". Therapy often works best if it is in parallel with the 12-Steps.

Keep posting here. You get get through the mornings without it. Believe in yourself, Momo. We all believe in you!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by creet.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Nov 2009 18:12 #27685

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi Momo!
That was some post, thanks for that. BTW, I do not recall reading anything in AA about therapy not working, but the only thing I do recall was in the start of ch 5 where it says that the only requirement for success in recovery is: "grasping and developing a manner of living that demands rigorous honesty." I doubt it matters how we get that, as long as we finally get it.
If I honestly do not feel I must remain sober, then I won't. If I do, then I will still need to learn how to remain honest in order to recover and become the kind of person who finds sobriety tolerable.
Grasping and developing means that it takes time to learn how to be honest with ourselves. The guys who suffer terribly sometimes get that wake up call and suddenly figure out how to become honest. That is the only difference between success and failure that I know of, Momo. Oh, and I do not believe that an honest person or for that matter, any person who is recovering successfully, deserves any credit at all. It's just enlightened self-interest. No accolades needed for not flushing any more of my money, for example, down the toilet...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by breakingfree23.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Nov 2009 18:18 #27690

• jerusalemsexaddict
Momo tzaddikle

Sometimes people who are wiser than us take us on a completely diff path than we are used to and expecting.
They tell us to go left when we feel like going right.
Messilas Yesharim says that the only people we can trust are those who have gotten out of life's maze.
By Torah (and life) its the Rabbanim.
By addiction,it's those who have truly beaten it.
Follow his path.
You won't be sorry.
What's there to lose?
Last Edit: by talktome.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Nov 2009 22:16 #27766

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
A open letter to a great warrior.
to momo
although you may not consider yourself as such we do, and according to the seforim so does hashem, do you know why esav was called so because his ideal was asiyah, action, he was the kinda black and white guy he believed in strength willpowere, he could not fathom the nekudah of "ki chol levovois doresh hasham" hashem wants willpower but in a different way. he wants you  to have retzoinois to want to strive to fail even and strive again hashem had enough reb akiva eiger's in our generation he wants somthing so much harder and so much deeper, as a fellow soldier i write to you lets serve our creator by doing the hardest jobs of all generations and doing what we can.  the zohar says "who has won? the one that is holding his weapons in his hands" the won that doesnt give in will win!
Last Edit: by TeshuvaGA.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 10:01 #27902

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
levite wrote on 11 Nov 2009 22:16:

A open letter to a great warrior.

I'm not a warrior anymore.
I used to be.

I was good yesterday.
Today I slipped, but didn't fall.
I don't know if that counts my breaking it off with R.Shlachter.

It's soooo hard.

I hate my life. I'm so angry at everything.
I'm so tired of living each day to surf or not to surf.
I wish I could just live.
I'm dying each day inside.

It's not all fluff and sunshine here boys and girls.
I speak the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts.

I have no one to call anymore. Uri's working now. Other guys number's I have also work, and are available for emergencies only.
I have no friends but my wife who's also working. I'm tired of kvetching to her anyway, plus she doesn't understand the struggle.
So I stop surfing. Shkoyach! I replace that with life. What's that? What do I do now? I only feel the withdrawal.
Last Edit: by dudeYM.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 11:17 #27910

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey MOMO ive read through your thread and my heart really goes out for you. Alot of the feelings your having ive felt in the past. Lifes hard. But dont give up. it never gets easier that way. because we know the truth deep down so it will always nag at us and pester us till we go nuts. Realize theres lots of love out there in the world for you for me for everyone.  especially here. This place overflows with it. Anyways, if you want you can email me when you dont have any one to talk to. Cant say im always on the comp but when i am id sure love to lend a hand. Hatzlacha and most important realize YOU REALIZE that you can do it.
Last Edit: by cwwrinkle.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 11:43 #27911

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Right now, am I serving HaShem or myself?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Success2021.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 11:54 #27913

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
momo we were born to fight we are warriors not by choice but by default, our job is to try again and surrender to g-d again and again thats the way to fight i dont even expect to win i expect to fight but with g-d at my side its heaven on earth. Someone once told me that for an addict his bechirah is like watching a movie, his choice is where to cry and where to laughthe ari hakodeswh says that beikveseh demshichah there will be neshamos that "ke'mat shein lohem bechirah"
Last Edit: by moeb.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 15:45 #27962

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 11 Nov 2009 12:57:

"Fell shmell" is not a GYE motto unless you're trying 

How about: Fall today? NO WAY!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Yech.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 17:57 #27997

• Dov
  • Administrator
If we want major change in our lives, we need to take major actions.
Different stuff, not just the same. The virtual shmoozing and thinking has really poor odds.
Maybe even the "impossible" needs to be done...something we consider too hard, too costly, too out-of-the-way.
If things really suck, and it might really help, what do we really have to lose? (see Mhr"l on hagadda)

OK, I'm shutting up now, if that's possible....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by strugglingwiththeunusual.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Nov 2009 18:30 #28006

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
dov wrote on 12 Nov 2009 17:57:

Different stuff, not just the same. The virtual shmoozing and thinking has really poor odds.
Maybe even the "impossible" needs to be done...something we consider too hard, too costly, too out-of-the-way.
If things really suck, and it might really help, what do we really have to lose? (see Mhr"l on hagadda)

Keep talking - we need our daily dose of Dov!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by yxl.

Re: Momo II: Another try 15 Nov 2009 13:36 #28431

• kanesher
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 12 Nov 2009 17:57:

"When the alternative is disaster, a man's only option is to wager..."
-Blaise Pascal
Last Edit: by Pathtoshleimus.

Re: Momo II: Another try 15 Nov 2009 15:40 #28439

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov

where in the maharal? (I know its supposed to be a forgery but it's all stuff the Maharal said anyway)
Last Edit: by DeletedUser11670.

Re: Momo II: Another try 15 Nov 2009 15:47 #28441

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
There is nothing a desperate dying man wont try.
Therapy...
12 step programs...
live SA group...

Chose life Momo!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by trythehardest.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes