Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54091 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2009 09:28 #6438

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You know, I was just thinking. I have a "mashal" for the last few principles of the GYE attitude handbook.

Our struggle is like a baseball team (us) playing against (struggling against) another team (the Y"H). Although they try to win every game, that's super rare. The key is for them to win a lot more than the amount of games (battles) that they lose.

A winning streak puts them of fire (and we feel invigorated the more days we remain clean). And sure, if they lose one after a winning streak they get upset, but they don't give up! They have to get up and try again the next game. Although breaking a winning streak is not a goal of any team, and it breaks up the momentum built, it doesn't mean they lost the season (or for us, it doesn't mean that we've lost the war). It's just a small setback.

However, after losing a string of games, they feel demoralized. The difference is that in sports, there are a limited number of games that don't go past one year, so, if they lose too many, they are really out of the playoffs and they end their season. However for us, if we lose too many battles, we have many more years ahead (until our deaths), and we are never out of the game until we die.

As long as we're alive it's never too late to start losing and start winning!  
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009 09:36 by Player1.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2009 11:34 #6439

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
This is a must for a chizuk e-mail!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by smartfello001.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2009 12:14 #6440

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
MOMO-
I was going to write a post of Chizuk when I read that you fell yesterday. Then I read what YOU wrote and saw that it was more inspirationaal than anything I could think of. You continue to show how commited you are to the fight against the YH and we all need to follow your example.
Last Edit: by moishe81london.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2009 12:16 #6441

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you "hoping" for your beautiful words!

To be honest, I'm jealous (in a good way) of everyone who is putting together large amounts of days while I'm not. This somehow seems harder for me than everyone else (although, that might not be true). Could it be that my 6 days of battle is equal to 16 days of battle for somebody else? Could it be I'm not trying hard enough? Although I believe what I wrote in my last post (about the baseball game), it does hurt to rise and fall so many times.

Don't misunderstand me, I wish everyone the best success! I just want a part of it too!
Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009 12:35 by segway613.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2009 13:55 #6446

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Momo wrote on 17 Jun 2009 12:16:

Don't misunderstand me, I wish everyone the best success! I just want a part of it too!

You can be!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by steve894.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2009 21:29 #6543

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You know the saying "you cant win if you don't play"

"You Can't Win The Fight With The Y"H If You Don't Fight!"

So, just keep on fighting & you will Prevail!

Efshar Letaken
Last Edit: by hebrew man.

I did it! (Sort of) 18 Jun 2009 06:09 #6563

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi all,

Yesterday I said that I'd deactivate my Facebook account, and I did. Right before I did that, I said a prayer that with the zchut of this action, HaShem shoud help everyone who's on this forum. Then while I was doing the deactivation, the Y"H started voicing his objections "come on...". I countered by singing (in my head) a niggun really loudly. I felt very proud of myself after I did it, until I received a notice from Facebook that I can always activate my account again simply by signing in.

After searching the net, I found that you CAN request to have your account permanently deleted, and I'll have to do this. Here's the link: www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account

Last Edit: by avihu.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Jun 2009 07:30 #6567

• the.guard
Now that we don't have the Beis Hamikdash, Hashem looks for the Korbon Tamid every day in different places... In Shamayim it was announced: Today Momo brought a Korbon for Hashem by sacrificing FaceBook on the Mizbe'ach of his heart!

Everyone, learn from this Tzadik. Delete access to Facebook, Youtube, GoogleVideo, etc.. Anything that is a stumbling block for you, Kol Ish Asher Yidvenu Libo - make Korbonos to Hashem, VA'TITAV LAHASHEM MISHOR POR!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by chazakvekave.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Jun 2009 07:36 #6568

• the.guard
Could it be that my 6 days of battle is equal to 16 days of battle for somebody else?

Dear Momo, I just want to repeat a beautiful saying from "Hoping" that I think everyone should repeat:

"A fall while on the journey is worth more than a clean day while you aren't trying."

And always remember this from the Attitude handbook:

It is brought down in the sefer Menucha V'kedusha, written by a talmid of R' Chaim Volozhiner, that even a person who sins his whole life can still be considered a Tzaddik, as long as he never gives up and always continues to fight. We like to think of success in terms of results. But Hashem looks at our efforts, not at the results.
Last Edit: by guraryeyehuda.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Jun 2009 12:49 #6587

• aaron4
To be honest, I'm jealous (in a good way) of everyone who is putting together large amounts of days while I'm not. This somehow seems harder for me than everyone else (although, that might not be true).

Momo, it does get easier.  Take it one day at a time and you'll break through the barrier.  Just remember to keep taking it one day at a time even then, because the Y"H does NOT give up.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Jun 2009 22:13 #6798

• the.guard
Momo, you've been quiet for two days... If you had a fall, we're all here to catch you. You are a SUPER INSPIRING WARRIOR. We will never let go of you.

Remember, you aint out of the game till your dead, brother!
Last Edit: by isi.

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2009 02:25 #6806

• yetzertov
Momo, let me share with you a letter from my Rebbe that I always carry with me. Hope it will help you as it helps me.

The Rebbe Writes
Freely translated and adapted

23 Marcheshvan, 5712 (1951)
You tell me you are giving the proper amount of Tzedakah (charity). However, your shalom bayis (marital harmony) situation, needs great improvement.

The fact that you are having great difficulties in this area is a sign, that this Mitzvah (commandment) has not been completed in your previous life.

The holy Arizal teaches us, that most souls living in a body, have been here before. The reason they come back again, is to fulfill those Mitzvahs, that they did not do properly the first time around.

Those Mitzvahs that they did complete in their previous lifetime, do not require any more refinement, and therefore their observance is easy.

However, those Mitzvahs that one did not complete in his previous lifetime, are the ones most difficult to do. The Yetzer Hara (evil inclination) targets these non-completed Mitzvahs, as the ones to oppose most.

The fact that the issue of Shalom Bayis is so difficult for you proves, that it is a Mitzvah which needs fulfillment. In your past lifetime, you did not refine this Mitzvah, now is your opportunity.

Momo, you can substitute "shalom bays" for any other major difficulty that we encounter in our avoida.
Last Edit: by Walk .

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2009 06:15 #6812

• the.guard
We're happy to hear you're holding strong... We're all here for you. We were enjoying your handbook journal a lot, maybe you can keep at it this Sunday to keep you strong  :D
Last Edit: by David1013.

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2009 06:52 #6816

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Instead of posting in my journal today, after reading GMA's cry for help, I took the opportunity to write him some chizuk. While I did it selflessly, it turns out that giving other people chizuk is also probably the best way for me to give myself chizuk.
Last Edit: by etgarim.

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2009 11:09 #6827

• the.guard
So true! As they say in the 12-Step groups, that Step 12 ("we try to carry this message to others with similar problems") is the best insurance for LONG TERM sobriety!
Last Edit: by נתן.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes