Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54141 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Sep 2009 05:19 #16788

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 08 Sep 2009 22:01:

Momo is the new GYE hero (behind the scenes!)

All of us on this forum are heroes, as long as we keep on fighting the Y"H and continue to help each other.

Different days different people have their "moment". Although I really appreciate the kind words from everyone, I think the real hero yesterday was Uri.

Last Edit: by mr517.

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Sep 2009 06:15 #16792

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
good morning momo.

id think wed all agree that yesterday you had your moment as well. feel that man, just let yourself feel that for a bit. Gd chose you to do some really holy work for Him. Uri is a hero as well. as are others here. don't sell yourself short. i know all too well what that's like.

have a great day at work!
Last Edit: by Ayinroeh26.

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Sep 2009 06:29 #16795

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
struggle wrote on 09 Sep 2009 06:15:

id think wed all agree that yesterday you had your moment as well. feel that man, just let yourself feel that for a bit. Gd chose you to do some really holy work for Him. Uri is a hero as well. as are others here. don't sell yourself short.

Oh, I'm trying to be humble, for it was only one phone call, but I know that I did a big mitzva and I am using that good feeling it generated to raise my spirits. But gaava is the Y"H's best friend, so we must be on guard too.
Last Edit: by YotziamMachoshesh.

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Sep 2009 06:33 #16797

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder

u r wise. and im sure u know the emes of anavah. in my opinion, not so pashut. where is bardichev with his balance...
Last Edit: by yanki gye.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 06:22 #17100

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, I had to post. I couldn't let my thread stay on the second page.  :D

Last night I spoke with Duvid Chaim for 2.5 hours going over my 4th step worksheet. It was emotionally exhausting (especially after having worked a 10 hour day).

I have to think some more about what we spoke about.

However, I'm a "tachlis" guy, and I feel that I left without having much instruction about what I'm supposed to do now.

It's a little bit unsatisfying to bring up all of my "issues" that happened years ago, some of which were quite upsetting, and end the call with the advice "don't judge people", "remember that you're not in control", "start valuing yourself". Sure, this is all true, but how do I put this into practice? How am I supposed to change my outlook on myself and others after living and thinking a certain way for so many years?

Any advice from you guys who've done the 4th and 5th step is appreciated.

Thanks,
Momo
Last Edit: by DARA-4289.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 06:51 #17103

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I'm so impressed that you are taking this important step!

Can I send your post to Duvid Chaim and Dov and Elya and Boruch by e-mail and see what they can advise you?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by 613empowered.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 06:56 #17104

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 10 Sep 2009 06:51:

Can I send your post to Duvid Chaim and Dov and Elya and Boruch by e-mail and see what they can advise you?

Please do. Thanks!
Last Edit: by gm.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 07:39 #17113

• the.guard
ok, done. Let's see if we get some "juicy" answers from the experts  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by gyejew.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 09:29 #17128

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm supposed to feel better and free after doing the 4th and 5th steps, but I feel lousy. I feel very tired.
I don't know how to put the 12 steps into action, and I'm tired of the never ending workload that keeps on piling up as soon as I finish another task.
It's also depressing discussing what makes you feel angry and fearful, which is the crux of the 4th step worksheet.
Last Edit: by Seeker0707.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 11:31 #17132

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Please write about your experience withthe 4th step. I always find your descriptions of the steps to be very helpful.

Thank You!
Last Edit: by malki1514.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 11:36 #17133

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Momo.

I'm not a 12 steps guy (yet), but I have been in therapy and I very much relate to the feeling of bringing up old stuff and even current stuff that brings up a lot of negative emotions. I'm impressed that you're going ahead with the steps and sticking with it. I would venture to say that you have accomplished a lot until now and going ahead thinking I should be feeling better, but I'm not, can't be so easy. I totally hear that and it resonates with me and my own path.

I'm looking forward to those "juicy" answers...
Last Edit: by sarahcohen2018.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 11:43 #17134

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
hoping wrote on 10 Sep 2009 11:31:

Please write about your experience withthe 4th step. I always find your descriptions of the steps to be very helpful.

Thank You!

I can't do that today. I have too much work to do, and I'm too emotionally tired. Maybe a different day.
Sorry. 
Last Edit: by Winstongye613@gmail.com.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 13:26 #17154

• the.guard
Momo, the fact it's painful and hard is a good sign. It takes pain to heal. But you'll be saved by a lot worse pain down the line, be"h!
Last Edit: by Um.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 13:37 #17159

• jerusalemsexaddict
i told my therapist yesterday that after last weeks meeting,i had a 3 day marathon.
he said GOOD it shows we hit the spot.
now lets heal it
youre the man momo
stay strong
the offer to call is always open
though i know im young
maybe i can sing for you
all the best for the rest of the day
-uri
Last Edit: by Jimy613.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Sep 2009 18:36 #17268

• DuvidChaim
Last night I spoke with Duvid Chaim for 2.5 hours going over my 4th step worksheet. It was emotionally exhausting (especially after having worked a 10 hour day).

I have to think some more about what we spoke about.

However, I'm a "tachlis" guy, and I feel that I left without having much instruction about what I'm supposed to do now.

It's a little bit unsatisfying to bring up all of my "issues" that happened years ago, some of which were quite upsetting, and end the call with the advice "don't judge people", "remember that you're not in control", "start valuing yourself". Sure, this is all true, but how do I put this into practice? How am I supposed to change my outlook on myself and others after living and thinking a certain way for so many years?

Any advice from you guys who've done the 4th and 5th step is appreciated.

Thanks,
Momo

Hi MOMO (and others):

I totally hear what you're saying.  I remember my first time going thru the Steps and feeling so overwhelmed.  If I was going to "lay it all out there" for my Sponsor, I wanted some healing right then and there.  

I'm a Tachlis guy too.  Just ask any of my friends what it's like when they ask me to play a new Board Game (like Taboo or Scattorgories).  I read and I reread the lengthy instructions sheets.  In the meantime, they're yelling at me to just play the d_mn game.  And then I ask my friends to explain the instructions to me one more time!  I'm sure you can imagine their frustration with me.  

Why?  Because we all know that the only way we are ever going to learn how to play a game - learn a musical instrument - excel in a sport - drive a car - or yes, even to find recovery from an addiction is to just get in there and "Do It".  And then practice and then practice again.  It's only thru practice that we can ever learn to master anything in life.

And at the beginning, we have to "Trust."  What do I mean trust?  Trust is the process of following someone's instructions without having a full understanding of what we have been asked to do.  It comes from a place of faith and belief in both the instructions and the instructor.  Much like B'nai Yisroel who merited to receive the Torah when they declared "Naasah V'Nishma"  We will do and we will hear.  And even to this day, how much of Torah observance requires our efforts and practice without real understanding.  (No - keeping Kosher is not for health reasons - it's because G-d told us to keep Kosher).

That's why when we are asked to change our outlook on life, the way we view people and the events in our life, the Program tells us to "Work the Steps."  It doesn't say - "read the Steps" or even "understand the Steps."  It tells us to WORK THE STEPS.

I know I don't need to remind you that this is a 12 Step Program and that you have only completed 5 Steps.  Nor do I need to inform you that the next 7 Steps require even more commitment and dedication on the part of the Man seeking Recovery.

So what is it that makes it so hard and unsatisfying for us when we start working the steps?  The answer is that we are being raised in the "Microwave Society."  We are surrounded by modern conveniences - the microwave oven, the fax machine, email, Skype, and yes even Meal Mart traveling Kosher meals that heat themselves up in a box!

When was the last time you saw anyone bake a cake from scratch?  Who's got time to mix flour and cocoa and eggs and oil, then hand stir it to the right consistency; bake it, frost it, etc??  When was the last time you sewed your own clothes?  What about working on a clock or a radio that is faulty?  Forget it, throw it away, buy a new one.  Which version of Internet Explorer do you have - 6.0 or 7.01.03?  There's no end to our thirst for instant gratification.  I certainly don't have to tell a fellow sexaholic how quickly we can access, view and satisfy ourselves thru the Internet!

So it's no wonder that you have the questions and complaints that you have posted.

But like good wine, wisdom and excellence in any endeavor, it is going to take time - and it is going to take practice - it's going to take patience and lots of it - and it's going to start with trust.  I encourage you to read the concluding pages of Chovos HaLavavos - Duties of the Heart; which reveals the "Ten Levels of Trust."  In this section, R. Bachya ben Joseph ibn Paquda describes the transformation of a man througout his life; from being an infant - trusting in his mother's breasts to his learning to trust his mother, then his father, then his own strength and skill - until he matures to realize his own health and livelihood are dependent on G-d.  And only in the last half of his life does a man have the wisdom and maturity to place more of his trust in Hashem and the world to come.  Finally, with his bodily strength failing him does a man have full faith and trust in Ribono Shel Olam and the appreciation that "this world" is just a vestibule to an eternal world!

And we don't have to wait until our twighlight years to learn trust and patience.  We can start now.  We can learn from others. (Who is a Wise Man...?)  

I now, more than even appreciate the wisdom of the authors of the Big Book who remind us on page 72 that our Goal with Steps 4 and 5 is "to get a new attitude, a new relationship with our Creator, and to discover the obstacles in our path."

That my BRAVE MOMO is what you are now doing on this beautiful Journey to Recovery!!

And when you are done, you will recognize the Emes in the 12 Step Program and be Zoche to the 14 Promises as shared on page 83 and 84 - (See below).

"Keep coming back because it works if you work it and you're worth it!"
Duvid Chaim

THE 14 PROMISES:
1)  We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.
2)  We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
3)  We will comprehend the word serenity and
4)  we will know peace.
5)  No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.
6)  That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
7)  We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows.
8)  Self-seeking will slip away.
9)  Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
10)  Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
11)  We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
12)  We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
13)  Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
14)  They will always materialize if we work for them.
Last Edit: 10 Sep 2009 21:17 by 365alldayeveryd.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes