Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 55736 Views

Poem for today 06 Aug 2009 09:34 #11021

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Note: No parts of this post may be reproduced in any email, including a "chizuk" email.
If you get easily depressed - don't read this post.
I feel the need to express my emotions, in poetry.
------------

I am a hermit.

I am surrounded by people, yet I feel alone.
I feel the pain caused by my crushed soul.

Going through life, going through the motions.
Suppressing my almost exploding volcano of emotions.

I am an addict, trying to break free.
Wondering if the world would be any different without me.

Feeling HaShem's presence is such a difficult task.
Yet it seems to be the only answer to the questions that I ask.

How can I do it? How can I even try?
I have no other option but to learn how, until I die.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Aug 2009 14:38 #11045

• Uri
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
:'( That was so beautiful.Thank you momo
Last Edit: by tefilla.

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Aug 2009 17:07 #11082

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow!

You spoke right to my heart.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Poem for today 06 Aug 2009 17:42 #11090

• Dov
  • Administrator
Momo wrote on 06 Aug 2009 09:34:

Feeling HaShem's presence is such a difficult task.
Yet it seems to be the only answer to the questions that I ask.

How can I do it? How can I even try?
I have no other option but to learn how, until I die.

Dear sweet Momo - please see my post to a new guy, "maalin bakodesh" in a section called "vechatosi negdi tomid". I don't know how to create the link for you, tzadik. Please let me know what you think if you'd like...
I love you so much.
Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2009 23:07 by themom55555.

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Aug 2009 22:54 #11149

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Hi Momo, I took all your beautiful posts of summaries from Duvid Chaim's phone calls and made you a new thread on the "Breaking Free" board over here. I made it "sticky" so it stays on top of the board always...

Please keep summarizing for us on the new thread. Your summaries are very inspiring!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by newpm96.

Re: Poem for today 10 Aug 2009 11:28 #11393

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 06 Aug 2009 17:42:

Dear sweet Momo - please see my post to a new guy, "maalin bakodesh" in a section called "vechatosi negdi tomid". I don't know how to create the link for you, tzadik. Please let me know what you think if you'd like...
I love you so much.
Dov

Hey Dov,

Here's the link: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=722.msg11088#msg11088

I wish I knew how to do your advice. I feel so selfish and lustful.
Last Edit: by battleplans.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Aug 2009 17:27 #11413

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear Momo - The way to do it (though you didn't ask ) is certainly: slowly and in very little steps. You will still feel selfish along the way, because we compare our behavior with our goal. Nu, that's a mistake, but we do need to keep the goal in mind all along the way somehow, so what do we expect. We are not geniuses and get confused sometimes. The ikkar for progress is to hang onto faith that these little tiny (still mostly selfish) steps will, in fact, lead us straight to that goal.
Hope this was and will continue to be helpful to u.
"Easy, does it"
Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Gitty.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Aug 2009 19:29 #11439

• chl
bs"d

Momo,

your poem broke my heart  :'(,  and thank you for posting it.

Dov,

i think i need to make a book out of your posts and learn it every day chok velo yavor (b'n  )
Last Edit: by jewishteenager.

Completely powerless 11 Aug 2009 08:53 #11544

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, after 6 clean days I fell again.

I can't believe it. I received a triggering email that set me off to 3 hours of surfing soft p*rn, mast*** and acting out, all at work! And I'm so far behind in my work, it's really pathetic.

I am completely powerless over  my addiction.

I am ready to move on to step 3 of the 12 steps already! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-[  >  :'(

I'm thinking of quitting my job. I simply can't handle it anymore. I'm so far behind in my work, and can't get motivated to doing it. Of course since I have no other source of income and a family, that would not be such a good idea. But then again, I'm not acting very responsibly now.

I hope I'm a "role model" to the young guys here (Uri and anyone else in their 20s). See what happens when you don't work on your addiction when you're young? You can end up like me, at work with a family but fighting the urge to surf instead of working.

I'm aware that one of the bus stops to hitting bottom is losing one's job. I think the next one is losing one's family. HaShem Yirachem!
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2009 09:47 by jake08.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Aug 2009 09:59 #11550

• Uri
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Powerless?
Ive rarely heard something so off!!
Impilsive sometimes?maybe.but powerless?im offended that you could say such a thing about yourself
is this the momo we all know???the man whose thoughtful ponderings keep me thinking for hours???
what shtus!
so you fell
and you get up
over and over....
make a deal with yourself that you will most definetly not act out at work at least.that maybe u can do.draw a line between work and home.then youll feel you have a little more control.
were all impulsive rebbe.and youre going through the internal changes and becoming less impulsive,even if right now you dont feel that way.
six days of cleanliness!!
i dont want to hear such shtus again from you,please.
aggravation you can express.but hopelessness??be careful.
We love you momo.Dont worry.Youll be fine.I promise                
With a powerful love-uri
Last Edit: by Dantooth.

Re: Completely powerless 11 Aug 2009 10:03 #11551

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2010 00:45 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Aug 2009 10:12 #11553

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
My heart hurts so much for you Momo.
You have so much on your plate, and without simcha, the strength to change is like having to drain the ocean single handedly.

Have you tried looking for another job? True, the market is not ideal right now, but if its meant to be, Hashem can send the perfect job k'heref eiyin.

We're with you Momo. Always and forever.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by gye123.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Aug 2009 10:23 #11555

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
7Up, actually, I feel that I have too much on my plate to seriously look for another job. The thought of interviewing gives me the heebey jeebies! Also, I have less on my plate than I thought. The visit from my guest is going a lot better than I expected, and hasn't been emotionally straining as I expected.

Why not look, then we'll deal with the interview. Keep in mind, interviews last 1/2 hour, while unhappy jobs last 8 each day!
Im so glad to hear about your visitor. Thats no small hug from Hashem! Savor it
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by arois.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Aug 2009 10:36 #11556

• chl
bs"d
7Up wrote on 11 Aug 2009 10:12:

We're with you Momo. Always and forever.

i second that!
Last Edit: by halevei.

Re: Completely powerless 11 Aug 2009 11:27 #11560

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Tomim2B wrote on 11 Aug 2009 10:03:

Before you put this behind you and continue in your climb, try to freeze the moment. Capture these strong thoughts and feelings and store them away for later use. The next time you are tempted and teased by the "pleasures" the y"h so deceitfully tries to depict, these thoughts and feelings - your "moment of truth" will come to your aid.

Reminds me of what I wrote to Momo back in March:

If anyone here ever has a thought, Chas V'Shalom, of enetering into the bad zones of life again, he will quickly remind himself that Momo did it and he did not like it. It is not worth it.  Momo jumped back up.  Momo regretted and felt remorse(not guilt  Smiley) for falling.  If that is how Momo felt, it is not worth it. You stand as a reminder how bad it really it is.  Our brains make us forget how bad it really it is.  But you reminded all of us here:  DON"T EVEN THINK OF IT!!!! REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO MOMO!!!  Momo, in your great zechus, many souls can be saved from falling again.

Last Edit: by midnightrabbi.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes