Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54088 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Mar 2011 17:15 #102459

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
You've convinced me MOMO. I've been in the dumps, but I'm going to give it another shot.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Mar 2011 20:55 #102497

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Ano Nymous wrote on 29 Mar 2011 17:15:

You've convinced me MOMO. I've been in the dumps, but I'm going to give it another shot.

Hey Ano, I've been thinking of you!

You know, it seems that there are some GYE neshamos... No matter how long they disappear, no matter how many times they fall, they'll be back here again sometime. And they'll make it in the end.

I've seen some of these special neshamos like Momo, Ano, Rage, Tomim... they can disappear for the longest time, but once the GYE spirit has entered them, they can never be the same.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Mar 2011 20:57 #102498

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo, you are a GYE hero from now on!

Sorry to disagree with the heilige Guard, but I honestly think Momo is the biggest hero ALL ALONG. He never gave up, even when he thought he gave up!
As Ive said before; Momo was, and IS my inspiration for many things.

...and Ano - welcome back!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: The one post I always wanted to write, but didn't know if I ever would 30 Mar 2011 06:06 #102547

• Rising Up
  • Current streak: 122 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 29 Mar 2011 06:33:

I have other healthier tools to deal with anxiety (what you guys might know as R.I.D.). Going for a walk. Playing with my kids. Talking to my wife. Talking to myself. Talking to my therapist. Upping my medication dosage (just kidding, sort of). 

I like how you put "talking to myself" before "talking to my therapist".  :D :D

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Mar 2011 06:23 #102555

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oops, by accident I started a new thread. I didn't mean to. Sorry.
I'll copy what is posted on the new thread here:

I'm not back. Really!

But, first, I want to thank everyone for their nice posts (I inspire Mom, WOW!)

Next, to answer Guard's question, medication has leveled the playing field for me to grant me the feeling of a fair choice instead of waking up feeling absolutely compelled to act out. Also, I'm seeing a "new" therapist (for about 4 months).

To answer the other question, why is talking to myself important. Well, that's part of the therapy. So, how do I feel. Say I feel anxious. Why do I feel anxious? I fought with my wife this morning (not really, but just an example). What can I do to correct that? Maybe call her, ask her how's she's doing and tell her I love her.

Guard, you are absolutely right, that even though this site might not have been the LAST step that got me to this point, however, this site definitely boosted me and guided me. You all taught me never to give up. To keep on trying different things until I find what works for me. I also followed your guide book steps (site, therapy, medication). Also the friends I've met here have really helped me in times of crisis (one person in particular who'll remain unmentioned probably saved my life twice, a real shaliyach from Hashem).

Life is us putting together our puzzle. Hashem knows what the final picture looks like, and we don't. Our job is to find the correct pieces and put them together. I don't think I could have gone to the therapist I'm going to, or considered  taking the medication I need to balance myself if I hadn't joined GYE. GYE is a very important piece of my life puzzle. Thank you.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Mar 2011 16:23 #102620

• Sophomore
guardureyes wrote on 29 Mar 2011 15:22:
Momo, you are a true testimony to the koach of this amazing community. [...] If Momo can do it, anyone can! Momo, you are a GYE hero from now on!
Momo, keep in mind that it's not just YOU who are inspiring guys like me. It's also the OTHER guys like us, the GYE chevra, who never gave up on you -- sharing chizuk, personal feelings, ahavat chinam, true grit.

And when they pour it in your direction, we're all watching. And it's proof that we're all gonna find our way, someday. I don't know if you'll be on our coattails (or us on yours) (a shoah story about jumping over a ditch of the dead), but we WILL be seeing each other on the other side of "all this."

And all your posting has done a lot for us, and hopefully for you. Thanks. Come back soon. - Soph

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Mar 2011 16:31 #102622

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Mazal Tov on reaching 90 days!

But, who's counting?
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Momo II: Another try 31 Mar 2011 21:25 #102825

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Momo,

A big hearty Mazel Tov to you.  This is great news.  Keep it up.

This is definitely an occasion to resume posting on the site.

I feel bad we have not been as in touch as we should be.  Last we spoke, which was a few months ago, I really felt a turing point in your life.  Baruch Hashem we are seeing the fruits of your hard work.  Glad to hear things with the therapist and the medication went well. 

I want to let you and everyone here know how inspirational you are to me, and I mean it. Me and Momo have been in touch a lot about his (and my) struggles.  I really gained a lot from our friendship.  You really helped me understand a lot about myself and our struggles. I know it may not have seemed that way to you, but it is the honest truth.  I feel like I could really testify to your greatness.  You were not handed an easy deck of cards, but you have been doing well.

I am simply amazed at the outpour of love on this site as we all express our excitement for you.  Momo, take note of the fact that so many people on this site, myself included, really believed in you. 

And to repeat Guard,

Hillel Mechayev es Ha'aniyim. - Momo Mechayev es ha'addicts.
If Momo can do it, anyone can

Thanks again for the great news,

Lets stay in touch

-Yaakov

Re: Momo II: Another try 31 Mar 2011 22:26 #102838

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ano Nymous wrote on 29 Mar 2011 17:15:

I've seen some of these special neshamos like Momo, Ano, Rage, Tomim... they can disappear for the longest time, but once the GYE spirit has entered them, they can never be the same.
Guess i wasnt zoche to be included in this group. Too bad!!!

MOMO. im so pumped for you!

Re: Momo II: Another try 01 Apr 2011 06:27 #102886

• bardichev
Momo!!!!!!!

I am sOoooooooo proud!!!

Drink woooooodford

Lichaim

May u continue to make us all proud

Here is a special regards from the EN

Trying and letalakin snuck in to the door of the mens shul to let me know they wish u hartzigger mazal tov

MOMO!!!!!!!KOT

Re: Momo II: Another try 01 Apr 2011 09:00 #102900

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Momo. Good to see you post here and get some well deserved attention. Knew it would happen sooner or later.

all the best!

Re: Momo II: Another try 01 Apr 2011 12:13 #102909

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Now if we can just get Uri to post a mazal tov, I think we'll have covered all the oldtimers.

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Apr 2011 17:38 #102953

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Kutan?
Efshar?
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Apr 2011 09:16 #102988

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks everyone for your kind words. We've shared so many hard times together, it's important to also share the good times.

IT25, I didn't forget about you, I just thought you got rid of your computer. Glad you're OK (you are OK, right?).

Me3, Sophomore, Anon, Kedusha: good to hear from you.

Sturggle, you've got my number if you want to chat. Call me when you reach a milestone.

Rage, you're one of a kind, and I love you just the way you are.

Eye, thanks for being in touch.

Bardie, thanks for stopping by.

Mom, you're the best!

Yaakov, thanks for stopping by. I didn't think you followed this site anymore, but I'm very glad you saw my post.

If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry. Not intentional. It's been 8 months since I've followed this place, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Oh yeh, I have to end with "I'm NOT back here!"
but I'm available by PM which goes to my email.

So, Momo is only one PM/email/phone call away!
Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011 09:19 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Apr 2011 15:25 #103009

• Dov
  • Administrator
I'll talk to Uri for you....will let you know what the flake has to say.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes