Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54094 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 Jun 2010 12:33 #70308

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 11 Jun 2010 11:48:

Heard the same one about Beethoven so I guess hes in good company.

Momo, thinking of you....

I was going to make note of that--it depends who you're telling the joke to.

Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 Jun 2010 12:40 #70309

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 13 Jun 2010 12:33:
I was going to make note of that--it depends who you're telling the joke to.[/quote]
"Make NOTE of that." Get it? You crack me up sometimes, Eye.

Hope you're chuckling, too, Momo. You gotta keep goin'. You're our Timex hero here. (Timex: takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin.')

Re: Momo II: Another try 14 Jun 2010 02:39 #70409

• Dov
  • Administrator
speaking of Timex, is it time for a new poll?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2010 11:18 #71137

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Update (if anyone cares):

Since falling after my 10 day streak, I've fallen pretty much every day.
But, I feel fed up, and I just deleted my latest "stash" from my computer.
Hopefully, tomorrow will be day one.

Aren't I pathetic?!

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2010 11:27 #71139

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
G-d, I hate my addiction!
I hate that I keep repeating the same cycle. That's a sign of insanity!
I wish I was free from the addiction for once and for all!

(I'm just rambling here. I don't expect any "solutions" from anyone.)

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2010 14:18 #71151

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
momo, I love you. Just keep on truckin, ONE day at a time. You've heard all this from me b4. A fall MEANS NOTHING if you get yourself RIGHT BACK UP AGAIN. You give that fall MEANING and PURPOSE by USING IT as a CATALYST to even ONE DAY of sobriety, and you have accomplished it's UNDOING FOREVER!!

Look FORWARD, DON'T LOOK BACK. The YH has proven to you that's his BIG WEAPON against you personally, the "Satan MayAcharonainu". Beat him at his game, and stop letting him manipulate you into depression over a mistake.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2010 19:49 #71205

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Aren't I pathetic?!

No; you're Momo!

And we all L Momo!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Jun 2010 23:26 #71269

• Dov
  • Administrator
Momo wrote on 17 Jun 2010 11:18:

Aren't I pathetic?!

Yes you are, and so am I. Lets make a club (...don't worry, I am already a member of one such fellowship and having a nice time! )

Hi there, Momo!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2010 10:54 #71525

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dearest holy Momo, who never gives up.

We often feel that if we don't give in to our will, we'll die.
But that's a lie.
OUR WILL WILL KILL US.

Only when we let GO of our will and ask that G-d's will be done through us, will we start to LIVE.

Remember these words:
OUR WILL WILL KILL US.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2010 11:27 #71530

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I AM BORED AT WORK.

I feel each morning that I NEED my daily fix, like a good addict does. So, I get my fix, and act out, and spend the rest of the day at work vegging out in front of the computer.

I WANT TO BURN ALL MY BRIDGES AND LAY IN MY BED! But, too many bridges to burn. Job. Wife. Kids. Religion.

Isn't it strange how my "fantasy" life seems much more real than my real life. Because I FEEL ALIVE when I am fantasizing, but I coast through the rest of the day, as if I'm in a dream.

???  ???  ???

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2010 13:20 #71547

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hm, so sorry. I am writing this, because I feel the same way. Hm, I found a psalm for recovery, cos this is my day 4 clean (not much, is it) and I don't want to fall, I really don't. Here the psalm

23rd Psalm for Recovery
--Author Unknown

The Lord is my sponsor, I shall not want. 

He makes me to go to many meetings.

He leads me to sit back, relax, and listen with an open mind, He restores my soul, my sanity, and my health.

He leads me in the path of sobriety, serenity, and fellowship for my own sake.

He teaches me to think, to take it easy, to live and let live, and do first things first. 

He makes me more humble and grateful.

He teaches me to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can and gives me the wisdom to know the difference.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of despair, frustration, guilt, and remorse, I will fear no evil.

For Thou are with me, your program, your way of life, your twelve steps, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies: rationalization. fear, anxiety, self-pity, resentment.

You anoint my confused mind and jangled nerves with knowledge, understanding and hope.

No longer am I alone, neither am I afraid, nor sicken, nor helpless, nor hopeless.

My cups runs over, 

Surely sobriety and serenity shall follow me every day of my life, one day at a time, twenty-four hours at a time.

As I surrender my will to You and carry Your message to others, I will dwell in the house of Higher Power, as I understand him,  one day at a time,  forever and ever. 

Amen

I found it on www.jacsweb.org/spirituality-23rd_psalm.html

Still there is a mitzvah to do .  A thousand times is not enough, so I'll read it 1001 time.  8) Go Momo, we are here for one day, one day, just this minute! And thanks, writing this makes me smile for my own sake, thank you for giving me a moment.

May Hashem bless you always!
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2010 14:13 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 21 Jun 2010 16:25 #71563

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Momo wrote on 21 Jun 2010 11:27:

Isn't it strange how my "fantasy" life seems much more real than my real life. Because I FEEL ALIVE when I am fantasizing, but I coast through the rest of the day, as if I'm in a dream.

An Addict Can't Taste Life

From "Frumfeind"

Imagine the alcoholic going to the opening of the world's most exclusive restaurant. The tab is at least a thousand dollars and he waits hours on line for the privilege of paying to eat there. Finally he gets his table and sits down. The waiter brings him the menu and he orders a cup of wine to get started. He then orders the first course and some more wine. Before the second course, again some wine. He is so absorbed in his wine that he doesn't notice the unique ambience and the custom paintings. The specially designed table and chairs pass him by completely. He is just happy with his wine. The reporters ask him to describe thee experience. He answers, "the wine was great".

On the chol hamoed trip, the lust addict is absorbed in checking out all the frum women. Waiting on line in the store, the same thing. His life's schedule is just, "when he can get back to the computer?". His whole life is just a backdrop for the great search for Lust.

Everybody likes wine and looking at women, but the lust addict is consumed by the search for lust. A normal person who sees a pretty women will look, but he will not be staring at every women to find "that woman".

Everyone enjoys that cup of wine, but they can also enjoy other things.

The lust addict goes to see the Swiss Alps, but all he sees is the tank top across from him in the cable car.

The alcoholic didn't taste the food and the lust addict can't taste life.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 23 Jun 2010 02:05 #71756

• Dov
  • Administrator
Wow, that was something. Thanks.

Re: Momo II: Another try 23 Jun 2010 12:38 #71804

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello Momo.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jun 2010 06:32 #71951

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Guard, beautiful post. Thank you.
That certainly puts things in perspective.

But, how can I get passionate about serving G-d? The Y"H certainly makes me feel passion for lust. It would be nice if I could find passion for the forces of good.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes