Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54107 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 26 Mar 2010 13:05 #59696

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 24 Mar 2010 15:05:

IHere's my summary:
You'll be happy if you live for the process of whatever you're doing, not for an outcome that you envision and can't control or predict. You are not in control of the outcome. Just do your best now, and don't worry about the outcome.
You'll be happy if you can accept life the way it is. If you realize that your life is perfect for you right now, not if you "only had this" or "only did that".

That's great, MOMO.

I was waiting for a bus once, after just missing the previous bus, and with at least another 1/2 hour to wait.  I was with my whole family, lots of little kids, and it was quite frustrating to have to wait so long.

A good friend of mine came along the same bus stop.  He said, "Enjoy the trip!  So many people are thinking only about the destination, they don't enjoy the trip."  And then once you reach your destination... where am I going next...
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 26 Mar 2010 14:06 #59698

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
dov wrote on 26 Mar 2010 00:52:

Some slaughter with a "chalef" (it kills) - hope I used a "ma'acheless" (it feeds). 

What matters to me is whether anyone feels the difference between "letting go of" and "slaughtering" our desires. The first is done with a bit of trust and connection with Hashem while the second is done with anger and is veiter all about me. There is no connection muchrach there, at all! So who needs it? Not me.

I gotta concede with you on this, Rebbe. In Chad Gadya, we see that the Yetzer Hara ends up slaughtering the big shochet... His sharp knife doesn't save him from the Yetzer Hara... Only afterwards does Hashem slaughter the Yetzer Hara!  :D

But Momo's vort was still great. I ACED it  :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 26 Mar 2010 16:43 #59723

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Momo, Stevie is always reachable by email or PM. I feel bad about missing your posts for the last week, but I can't always get time to read up on the forum. But today I wanted just to sign in here and wish you a Good Shabbos and a Gevaldige Yom Tov!!

Your Divrei Torah are always so uplifting to me!! I LOVE the way you look at life when you're doing well! It's such a chizuk for me to know where i should be heading, after you've pointed the way!

Be well, Momo, and remember I never forget about you.

Chag Kasher V'Somayach!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Apr 2010 19:17 #60574

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
I miss my MoMo..... :'(
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Apr 2010 20:26 #60577

• Dov
  • Administrator
I miss your Momo, too.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Apr 2010 16:59 #60834

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
we miss u momoooo,
oh yes we doooo,
we miss you very much,
and that's the true,
when ur not with us,
we're blue,
oh, momoooo,
we love you!

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 Apr 2010 05:13 #60947

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Steve and Dov for "missing me".
I'm still alive.
Nothing to post. Still bouncing between day zero and day one.
Nothing to see here, keep it moving...

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 Apr 2010 11:19 #60964

• the.guard
This morning I was reading some chizuk from Rav Tzvi Meyer and he writes how the days of Seffira are a time to make new Kabbalos... But often people say to themselves, "what's the use of new Kabbalos? I've been Mekabel this thing a thousand times and never succeeded. Why should this time be different?" Says Rav Tzvi Meyer, we don't realize that every time we tried, we DID succeed. Each time we tried, we shook the heavens! And it is ONLY through failure again - and again - and again - that a person can ever succeed. As Chaza"l say, the Torah can only be upheld by one who falls in it. "Seven times the Tzadik falls and gets up" - not because he is a Tzadik, but rather that is what MAKES  him into a Tzadik. There can be no light without darkness. "Vayehi Erev, Vayehi Boker" - First night, then morning... So to say that there's no use in trying again because of past failures is childish and silly. Because it is DAVKA BECAUSE we fell so many times before, that we will be able to succeed now. The previous failures were PART and PARCEL of our ultimate success!!

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 13 Apr 2010 17:21 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 Apr 2010 19:53 #61074

• the.guard
Momo, I want to quote to you somehting nice from Tried-123:

It's all about the struggle my friends.

My life has had so many times where I knew that everything was hopeless. I knew that I was hopeless....

I saw absolutely no way out... Nothing... I was totally totally stuck.....

But here is the thing:
No matter What, Where, How or When, there is always a tiny winy step available that leads nowhere... but is yet just a centimeter further than where you are now...

I heard a great Vort:

When Klal Yisrael reached the Yam Suf, they panicked.... They were running and just hit the Yam - a brick wall...

Moshe Prayed to Hashem...

What did Hashem answer?

Why are you crying out to me? Enter the Yam and it will split...

Why did Hashem say "Why are you crying out to me"?
What did he expect? That Moshe shouldn't Daven?

The answer is:

There was no reason to Daven because if they wouldn't have given up and instead would've continued into the water until the water was getting into their mouths... then the water would've split on it's own, because they did their fullest....

The lesson is, that even if you are stuck... Take whatever step there still is to take, even if it leads nowhere....

Why?
because the Yeshua is davka in those steps.....

I've seen this happen with my very own eyes in my own life...
Numerous times....

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 Apr 2010 19:56 #61076

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
momo, if you see this, please come out and play....

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Apr 2010 13:47 #62042

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo?

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 May 2010 18:55 #65252

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
The womens side is also wondering where Momo went.
We just cant phrase it quite as well as Rage!

:'(
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Momo II: Another try 13 May 2010 19:10 #65254

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
well, maybe being one of the longest and most viewed threads, he figured he could take a break :-\

Re: Momo II: Another try 14 May 2010 15:19 #65391

• Steve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
C'mon, Rage. Start GROWING UP!!

Re: Momo II: Another try 14 May 2010 18:00 #65418

• Dov
  • Administrator
"Billy was always a strange, misunderstood boy...but a good boy."

- his Mom
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes