Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54123 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Feb 2010 14:46 #52908

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo my friend, have a wonderful Shabbos!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Feb 2010 21:16 #52980

• Dov
  • Administrator
What Dov means to say is that if you say it over in the RIGHT WAY, she won't take it in the wrong way.

Actually, I just meant: "live to give" as often as possible, especially with your wife. It's not "how you say it to her that I care about first, though it certainly is good practice to say things in a loving way...but sometimes we don't need to say anything at all. It's what motivates me that matters the most in the relationship - the good will eventually overtake it all, if I do my part. Importantly, that does not mean to look back on whether I did a good job at it, or to assess my progress. Let's face it: I am selfish and probably hopelessly in love with me. But I don't care! Every time I remember that what I am doing - usually something self-centered - is not working (evidenced by my unhappiness), I turn my thoughts to how can I take the actions of love right then.
To (complete) heck with assessing myself - it has nothing to do with anything especially in the first year or two of recovery. I can be the most selfish and self-absorbed person - and remain that way..even die that way...it may even be on my tombstone...but I do not care at all. It's actually none of my business. The only thing that I care about is what I am doing right now. I am totally powerless over the past and over the actual outcomes of the future. How can I love my wife, my children, my Jewish people, and my G-d right now? That is what matters, as far as I am concerned. I need to snub my nose at pretty much everything else, sometimes.
Thinking (especially about myself) is usually poison, and stupid. Not always, but usually. Especially in early recovery. At least, for me and many other addicts I know.

Sorry for possible total gibberrishness. I'll shut up now.

Have a great Shabbos! (that didn't count for the "shutting-up" thing ;D)
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 14 Feb 2010 03:47 #53051

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov...that is freaking brilliant!!!

I love you, man. Truly awesome!

Re: Momo II: Another try 14 Feb 2010 22:28 #53169

• Dov
  • Administrator
I tripped over it. Promise.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 15 Feb 2010 12:39 #53323

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HELLO MOMO?? I MEAN LIKE YOU HAVENT POSTED IN LIKE 5 WHOLE DAYS?? I MEAN LIKE WHATEVER, BUT WHATS GOING ON??

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Feb 2010 09:10 #53521

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
PLease check in more often Momo, even if just to save us from IT25s oversized fonts! :D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Feb 2010 11:20 #53522

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Momo whats goin on?? Dont ignore us Momo. :-\ We need you to roar!! Its what keeps us going through the day! Please?? :-\ :-\  :-* :-*
Rage ATM wrote on 15 Feb 2010 21:14:

The American Foundation for the Blind would like to thank IT25 for its contribution to promoting equality for all Americans.

Hasnt it been quite obvious that im the most accepting guy in this forum?? Im i really not getting my message through??     :D :D
7Up wrote on 16 Feb 2010 09:10:

PLease check in more often Momo, even if just to save us from IT25s oversized fonts! :D

............or even to save me from the never ending sniping remarks Mom always seems to throw my way!! :'( :'( :'(

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Feb 2010 11:33 #53527

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
NO WAY JOSE!!! OR MAYBE NO NO MOMO!!!! THIS HERE THREAD AINT NEVER GONNA TOUCH PAGE TWO AS LONG AS IM AROUND!!! AND WHAT DOES ROARING HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BEING CLEAN!!! WE WANNA HEAR YOU ROAR NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! ( if your not gonna roar ill have to do it :-\)

MOMO IS THE MAN EVERYONE LOVES MOMO

....................and we wanna hear him r o a r !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Feb 2010 12:36 #53556

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Group hug for Momo;
One that's quiet, strong and sincere.
because we care.
:'(
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Feb 2010 17:50 #53610

• bardichev
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Feb 2010 17:51 #53611

• bardichev
M
A
B
B
;D

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Feb 2010 12:13 #53779

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo just stopping by to let you know that we all love you and to keep my word that this thread WILL NOT make it to page 2!!!!!

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Feb 2010 12:27 #53790

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Momo wrote on 16 Feb 2010 11:27:

Well, what is there to say, other than the fact that I'm acting out every other day

Every other day is still something. Someone who has completely given up would act out every day. Treasure each clean day, each clean moment. Keep talking to Daddy, one day you'll get there.

P.S. What's with SA groups... Not an option?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Feb 2010 08:38 #54000

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like a plan, man.

Re: Momo II: Another try 18 Feb 2010 08:39 #54001

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Momo,

I just want you to know that when I read the last post you had before this past one, I really felt true pain. When I pass by a wreck on Momo Blvd, I can't just walk by and try not to stare. I need to run over and try to pull you out of the blazing wreckage even at the risk of losing life and limb. You are a brother to all of us, and a brother that is more war-scarred than most, but you are a true fighter, one that gave me a lot of chizzuk getting my 90 day journey started. I know the giving up feeling of "I'm just gonna let the YH take me under his wing for a while, I'm too tired to fight..." but I also know how good the fight makes me feel.

It's like skiing on a ski vacation. After the first day, you are totally beat, aching in every bone in your body. And then the next day with your creaking boned you need to suit up again, and head out once more.... you're cold, you're aching, you're body is screaming for rest... but you trudge out, and suddenly fifteen minutes your flying down the side of a mountain, whooping in delight...

Momo, we will never walk away from a wreckage on Momo Blvd... we love you too much, we respect you too much, and we know you have so much to offer the world if we can just get you out of the wreckage!!!
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes