Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54126 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 08 Feb 2010 00:35 #51795

• Dov
  • Administrator
Can we worry about you anyway? We just feel so empty without someone to worry about.  ;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 09 Feb 2010 13:08 #52169

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello momo aifo ata?? Oh your offline till wednesday. Oh ok i was getting nervous and a little worried!

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 06:16 #52384

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HEY!!!
WELCOME BACK!!!

We missed you! How are you?

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 06:21 #52386

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Momo wrote on 10 Feb 2010 06:13:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

My, Momo, that was awfully FORWARD of you....

Anyway, good to see you back at home where you belong.

'Later, Dude....
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 06:43 #52395

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
annoys shmanoys. The amazing thing is that after all you've been through, you keep trying to stay clean and don't give up. I have never met anyone on this forum yet with your peserverence, Momo. And that says a LOT. One day when you get upstairs you will see how precious these clean streaks were, small as they may have been at times... KOT NMW
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 08:38 #52418

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
guardureyes wrote on 10 Feb 2010 06:43:

annoys shmanoys. The amazing thing is that after all you've been through, you keep trying to stay clean and don't give up. I have never met anyone on this forum yet with your peserverence, Momo. And that says a LOT. One day when you get upstairs you will see how precious these clean streaks were, small as they may have been at times... KOT NMW

I'm gonna have to second Reb Guards motion on this one, you are the king of perseverance!!! You are the living embodiment of "שבע יפול צדיק וקם!!!" 

Keep on fighting the good fight!

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 08:59 #52425

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't believe I keep falling for the Y"H's tricks.
A couple of days ago my wife insisted we see a movie. No nudity, but of course it had an attractive actress.
Of course I couldn't get her out of my head.
Of course I had to look for more photos of her on the Internet. No nudity, but dressing gowns that half-exist.
Of course you know what happened next. Slippery slope.

Yes, my wife know about my struggle, but she really, really wanted to watch a movie with me.
Also, I'm pretty sure she doesn't know that dressed women can trigger me. I think she only thinks women in their underclothes or n**** would trigger me. I really don't want to disappoint her by telling her that even dressed women who are attractive trigger me.

Until I have more will power to watch a movie and not take it further the next day on the Internet search engines, I guess I should just explain to her that I can't watch any more movies, right? I don't know. What about our shalom bayit (if she really, really wants to watch a movie and says "there's no nudity in it so it's OK)"?
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2010 16:18 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 09:02 #52427

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I know exactly what you mean about seeing someone and the searching for more pictures of them on the internet and then sledding down that slope faster than you ever imagined. I think you should try to explain to your wife what movies do to you, and ask her, "what can we do together instead of movies, that you would enjoy" so that you don't ruin your shalom bayis by not watching with her...

Hatzlacha!

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 13:40 #52441

• the.guard
It's tough being an addict, but hey, we just gotta avoid those peanuts.

If your wife wants to watch a movie, have her go through it slowly first (moving the play-bar slowly over each minute or so) and check if there are any women in it that have tight clothing or dresses above the knees - and that there are no scenes. If she confirms that it's ok, you should be more or less safe. But in most cases, she will not be able to confirm this, and you'll be able to get out of it. And she'll respect you for your integrity, I believe. After all, even a non-addict has to "guard his eyes" according to Halacha, and looking at attractive women for an hour straight is not exactly shmiras ainayim, is it? This is plain and simple Halacha. And - be'etzem - it applies even when the women are fully dressed. She can respect Halacha, no?

Have her read this article too: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Tips/Movies.asp 

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 16:19 #52477

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
guardureyes wrote on 10 Feb 2010 13:40:

Have her read this article too: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Tips/Movies.asp 

Yes, that article is right on point!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 16:24 #52479

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Momo wrote on 10 Feb 2010 08:59:

What about our shalom bayit?

Hopefully, your wife will respect you for living according to your principles, as Guard wrote.

In any event, Shalom Bayis is only an issue assuming you survive the experience.  If it kills you, of what value is Shalom Bayis?
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Momo II: Another try 10 Feb 2010 16:30 #52481

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 10 Feb 2010 16:24:

In any event, Shalom Bayis is only an issue assuming you survive the experience.  If it kills you, of what value is Shalom Bayis?

Ouch. Touche!

I wonder if there's some way you can express the issue to her in a way, by explaining how attracted you are to HER, even when she's dressed...?

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Feb 2010 22:02 #52787

• Dov
  • Administrator
Funny! A close friend of mine in the program called me last night and asked about the very same thing - his wife wanted to watch a movie with him, too!
As some folks here have already shared, the last thing you want to do (though it's better than nothing!) is to just point out to her how clueless she is. It is better for both of us if I take a minute to remind my wife how much I love her and how I see being honest with her as the best way to stay extra-close. (She approciates closeness)
I let her know that I just have limitations. Not because I am better than other folks, or because I am frumer or trying to live at a higher standard than others, though. Rather, it is because I am sick. I am oversensitive - actually allergic to frivolous lust-peddling. Not be being intimate with her, though, cuz that's real.
Does that make any sense to anyone?
Loving her, loving yourself, even loving Hashem - anyone can sympathize with that!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Feb 2010 23:04 #52800

• the.guard
What Dov means to say is that if you say it over in the RIGHT WAY, she won't take it in the wrong way.
After all, she can surely sympathize with a guy who loves Hashem and loves her (and loves himself enough to not want to put up walls between himself and her/Hashem) 

BTW Momo, going through old posts I found this saying from you:

"If Hashem keeps giving you the same test and you don't like it, pass the test so you can graduate on to the next test!"

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Feb 2010 00:44 #52811

• kedusha
  • Administrator
dov wrote on 11 Feb 2010 22:02:

As some folks here have already shared, the last thing you want to do (though it's better than nothing!) is to just point out to her how clueless she is.

There's another reason not to call one's wife "clueless" in such a situation - it's a significant overstatement of her grasp of the matter! ;D
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes