Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54156 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 14:48 #48008

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo,

I dont know too much about it, but I believ this is called a "binge". It seems quite common among addicts but can be very dangerous. Google it for more info on it. I wish you a Refuah Sheleimah.

-Yiddle
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 15:27 #48013

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
When are you scheduled to meet the therapist next?

You really should call him on the hotline too, when feeling this way. There's a free hot-line for a reason!

When an addict falls, he often goes for the "binge" and can spiral downwards so fast that he can sometimes end up dead or in prison, c"v.

We are allergic to lust, and once we expose ourselves to it, no matter how long we were clean in-between, we re-open the neural pathways that we worked so hard to "close up".

You proved to yourself you can go for 6 weeks without it. That's HUGE.

But Hashem wants you to develop better and better defenses, deeper and deeper psychological changes to the old "momo". He is not satisfied with just a "white-knuckling" Momo. He has enough "tough" Malachim in Shamayim. He is waiting for you to look for Him, to seek out His love, to learn knew ways of thinking... And so you fell, and fell hard. But you'll be forced at some point, by hook or by crook, to find Hashem. We all go through this process. There's no escaping Him, and no escaping ourselves, at the end of the day.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 24 Jan 2010 15:34 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 15:30 #48014

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
This just reinforces that the "real me" is the addict, while the me that was clean for 6 weeks was just "me wearing a mask".
Then why are you upset about it? Someone who the "real them" is nothing but a sex addict - is not bothered by these petty things called 'falls'.
Maybe all you need is to show H-shem that you care about him even after a fall. It's not such a challenge to make it from 89 to 90. The real intense kiddush H-shem happens from 0  till one. Specifically when there's no streak backing you.
Just get back up. Even if you will C"V fall again. Just start counting, and really believe you won't ever do it again, even if you just said the same thing yesterday. Ultimately you will get free. But now you just have to get out of your rut. Your in the pit now, just climb out. You know which way is up. You'll see light soon, but you gotta climb first.

But Hashem wants you to develop better and better defenses, deeper and deeper psychological changes to the old "momo". He is not satisfied with just a "white-knuckling" Momo. He has enough "tough" Malachim in Shamayim. He is looking for you to look for Him, to seek out His love, to learn knew ways of thinking... And so you fell, and fell hard. But you'll be forced at some point, by hook or by crook, to find Hashem. We all go through this process. There's no escaping Him, and no escaping ourselves, at the end of the day.
Guard, you couldn't have said it better.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 15:30 #48015

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
What "hot-line"??

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 16:05 #48035

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If you're white-knuckling, then yes, you're right - it can be very difficult to keep fighting, day after day. Even then, though, I think you can do it.

But you're past that, already - you're able to look at the beauty of life when you're clean, and enjoy being clean. Enjoy the feeling you get when you've risen above the pollution, and are breathing fresh air.

A clean streak isn't a time of deprivation, it's a time of freedom.

And the real you, the real Momo, is the one that appreciates that, that knows this, no matter what # day you're on. You know that, right now. And so the real you is the one that knows that being clean and pure is that way to go. And he's roaring, waiting to burst out through the paper-mache facade that this world is made of, that makes it seem inpossible.

You know, you just made me think of something. It's really like a hollywood set. It looks so real, so tantalizing, so tempting. And the pleasures are right there, they're tangible, concrete. But if we just give them a little nudge, we realize they're made of cardboard. They're flimsy (and taste like cardboard, too, once we bite into it).

The trick is to remember that.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 16:42 #48055

• the.guard
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Jan 2010 23:32 #48159

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 24 Jan 2010 16:56:

the hardest thing after a fall is to get back back up again...it was the hardest for me...for me, its taking some kind of concrete action against the addiction that helps me get back on track...it doesnt have to be major...maybe adjust the settings on your filter or begin a new book....just do something...and take that first baby step...one tiny little nothing step followed by another...you can do this momo...lets go man...no more falls...
Ditto! Im still trying to brush myelf off from my last fall. We need to do this. For ourselves. And of course we are getting places. By the fact that we are feeling down and low abut our actions speaks volumes of how far we have come. But as in everything, actions need to be done. So lets get into action. my new one is one minute at a time. If we would only realize how precious one minute is this would push us all the way.

Keep on rolling Momo. Hatzlacha!!

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 00:18 #48167

• Dov
  • Administrator
Momo wrote on 21 Jan 2010 06:34:
Dov, you know I love you, but it's often hard for me to understand your posts. I'm not sure what you mean, but I know that getting out of isolation is a good thing. It's hard to face tough choices when we feel that we face them alone.

We, Momo, though we are apparently on differring wavelengths, at least we are in the same big boat and can share a l'chaim! 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 05:30 #48213

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Momo,

How are you doing? You coming back up slowly? You feeling the fresh air on your face yet?

A few cool drops of rain?

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 05:44 #48217

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 25 Jan 2010 00:18:

Momo wrote on 21 Jan 2010 06:34:
Dov, you know I love you, but it's often hard for me to understand your posts. I'm not sure what you mean, but I know that getting out of isolation is a good thing. It's hard to face tough choices when we feel that we face them alone.

We, Momo, though we are apparently on differring wavelengths, at least we are in the same big boat and can share a l'chaim! 

Their coming out with a new sefer called "Peirush HaDaov". Feldheim is publishing it, supposed to be phenominal! Dont wory Momo youre not alone on that 

-Yiddle

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 09:03 #48243

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Momo,

You are never alone. You always have HKB"H, and you ALWAYS HAVE YOURSELF. You are eternal also. Make yourself your friend. I think you'll like him...

Ciao.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 11:54 #48254

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh...wow. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

I'm going to agree with Steve - make yourself your friend. But it's hard to do that when you feel alone. Perhaps this is a time for you to work on you relationship with yourself and with hashem?

But I'm talking out of my...nose...because I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you right now...

But you'll look back at this one day, and be proud of how you grew from this situation.

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 15:55 #48326

• the.guard
Momo, I'll try and answer more in depth later, but for now, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. See the video of Rav Lazer Brody walking on the beach on this page: matzav.com/featured-videos
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2010 14:22 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 19:02 #48383

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hey, NICE video. I love that stuff. I eat it up.

And it's much better for me than what i'd had for lunch...

Spec it out, MoMan.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Jan 2010 22:30 #48429

• Dov
  • Administrator
Dear (and I mean DEAR) Momo -

Thanks for being so sensitive to my feelings and caring enough to say something like that, just in case. You know how it feels to be misunderstood? Alone. It seems you can relate in that feeling right now....so thanks.
But something occurred to me this morning during my quiet time, and I want to share it with you. And if it is intelligible, so much the better!
I was looking over a list I wrote of the things that my wife requests of me - what I came up with as the parts of her wish list that I have the power to grant....and had an amazing realization, B"H:
I am a husband and a father, but in some ways do not always act like either. I often come home late from work and miss dinner, sometimes miss bedtime with the kids, and also often "forget" to call my wife to communicate. I slip and put my marriage too far behind my recovery, or even behing time with my friends or entertainments, hobbies. While I'm much better in these things than before, it's still an issue, especially if you ask my little lady.
It's becoming very frustrating for me, so i gave it some quiet time to think about it, and here is what I got:
Am I committed to being a real husband and a real father, or, am I committed to putting in just enough effort to be perceived as one by others? If I ignore my brain and just look at the facts on the ground - my behavior as a father and husband - not a moral 'report card', mind you, just the facts - I see that I am in a rut. I occasionally keep enough of the identifying behaviors going to maintain the category or ID of "father" and "husband", but put no 'meat on the bones', as it were. I have not really grown up yet. In some respects I am still a bochur deeply committed to playing house. And then feeling sorry for myself when the grown-up perks  don't come my way....nu. It's time I grew up a bit.
While this may be no shock to anyone, for some reason it is hitting me hard, and I feel a new motivation today to grow up and really live the life I have chosen for myself. To accept it. To take hold of it. It will not all happen in a day, and guilt will probably killthe whole famn thing, and I'll need help. But that what (F)friends are for!

Momo, if this dovish made any sense to you, don't worry. It's early. There are shots you can still take...;D

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes