Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54320 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jan 2010 14:43 #42822

• habib613
i'm thrilled to pay up!
i hate owing money... I'm like counting the days until everyone reaches 90 i don't owe R' guard anymore money.. then i can just give without pledging...
Last Edit: by brightowl07.

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jan 2010 16:13 #42891

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Momo wrote on 06 Jan 2010 13:10:

Please somebody tell me the rest of my life isn't going to be like the past couple of days. Struggling all the time.
I don't think I could handle that...

When do you see R' Shlachter next?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jan 2010 22:46 #43103

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
YO, MO, WADDAYA KNOW?

Where is yu, man? Didja celebrate the big 30 with Sushi and Ding?

I'm in the middle of day 24. What's it feel like on the other side of the fence?
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jan 2010 22:51 #43110

• Dov
  • Administrator
I love Momo, and pickles, too.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jan 2010 22:58 #43114

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 06 Jan 2010 13:18:

Momo wrote on 06 Jan 2010 13:06:

7Up wrote on 06 Jan 2010 12:44:

30 is a biggie; you thought the yh wouldnt fight today of all days?

I think 50 is big. 60 is big. 90 is big.
30? G-d, I worked hard for it, but it sounds so small now....

30 is big. 40 is big
1is big
lefum tzara agra
What in the world is going on here, may i ask???? Momo listen up now!!! >
1 is HUGE!!!!!!!
And 30 is 30 of those 1's.

End of story!!!!

Re: Momo II: Another try 06 Jan 2010 23:05 #43117

• Dov
  • Administrator
As the official uber-moderator and dementor of this thread (?), I want to say to whoever said 30 sounds like little fishcakes, to just shut up and keep on trucking.
Thank you.
;D

PS. ...and l'Chayim!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 06:06 #43237

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone.

Today is the start of day 31.

According to my records, the following people owe GYE the following amounts of money (10% of what you pledged).
Remember that you don't have to pay now. You can pay after I hit 90, or after I fall, which ever is sooner.

Silentbattle: 10 dollars
Kedusha: 10 dollars
Trying: 10 dollars
HabaLetaher: 10 dollars
arc321: 10 dollars
ImTrying25: 5 dollars
Habib: 5 dollars

Thank you all for your support. I can honestly say that if I didn't have sponsors, I would have acted out a couple of times last week, and this week too. You are helping keeping me "clean".

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 08:23 #43268

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
It's so boring with nobody here.
I miss Habib's good morning. 

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 08:31 #43269

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Steve wrote on 06 Jan 2010 22:46:

YO, MO, WADDAYA KNOW?

Where is yu, man? Didja celebrate the big 30 with Sushi and Ding?

I'm in the middle of day 24. What's it feel like on the other side of the fence?

No celebration.

I don't want to disappoint you, but 30 feels a lot like 24. And 25. And 26. And 27. You get the picture.

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 08:36 #43270

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
So, I'm like, I want to act out already. For the past week I've been white-knuckling it, and that's bad.
So why aren't I acting out? First, there's the 600 dollars in sponsorships riding on me.
Second, I am afraid if I act out I'll fall into a deep depression and give up the fight.

Any comments?

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 08:43 #43271

• habib613
shhhhh.... i'm just part of your imagination...

3- because i want you to stay clean
4- because you've worked really really hard to get here, and if you chas ve shalom fall,you have to REDO all that to get to where you are right now
5- because YOU ARE SOMEONE SPECIAL. and the YH like to make special people fall. it's soo much fun for him. and we don't want to do what the YH wants. so we're gonna stick it to the man, and NOT fall.

it's almost 4 in the morning... wish i could think up a couple more.
have a good day Momo

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 08:45 #43272

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeh! Thanks so much for posting!
You are always welcome here.
Good night.

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 09:37 #43273

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Momo,
A few important points:
1) celebrate at your accomplishment and milestone.  It is OK to feel proud.  We need that in order to strive further.  We need it for two reasons.  Firstly, when we see our accomplishments it gives us a healthy dosage of happiness,  calmness, confidence and self esteem which are important positive emotions for functioning. Second, when recognizing we reached a minor goal, we can now plan for our NEXT minor goal.  The job seems a lot easier and less boring.  We don't have to feel that we are endlessly playing the same game which created an unhealthy complacency.  [Warning: Do not get trapped by the yetzer of milestones. The yetzer hara of milestone makes us look at the past, not at the future. We hit a point and look back at our accomplishments and forget the future ahead of us. We forget that [u]the milestone's purpose was to prepare us properly for the future.[/u]]

2) enforce bitachon in Hashem that the hard days will pass and it will become a bit more smooth sailing. Say a prayer for protection. There is NO shortage of prayers to be said.  Recognize that only Hashem can create that for us.  But we have to really want it and show we want it.  Rav Noach Weinberg once said that davening is expressing our bechira.

3) But But But, Be Realistic.  Please read the "Realistic Outlook on Recovery".  The magic carpet does not come on its own.  We need to work for it.

4) Be sure to constantly thank Hashem for all your successes.  Our role is to put in ratzon and actions.  He brings the results.

5) "sur-me'ra - turn away from bad"  is not enough on its own, you also need "aseh tov - do good". Begin planning some of your aseh tov .    Take on a small easy mitzvah that will have a major impact on your whole day and perspective in life.

6) Take the time to to get in touch with yourself begin understanding yourself.

If you don't mind, I will call you at 2:15 today to discuss further.

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 09:48 #43274

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Yaakov,

You may call me anytime. But I'm really ready to throw in the towel now that I've hit my first milestone.

The counting of days seems useless to me if it doesn't get easier with time.

I see that after a couple of days it gets easier, when the excitement and kedusha builds. But, after like 3 weeks, the excitement goes, and the feelings of struggle return. At least that's my own experience.

If something significant doesn't change with my attitude, it's just a matter of how many days I can white-knuckle it.

And once I fall, I'm pretty sure I'll give up totally, and fall badly in a mental way.

There's no magic carpet, but I NEED it! What happened to G-d helps those who help themselves (haba letaher mesayiin lo)?

Re: Momo II: Another try 07 Jan 2010 10:25 #43287

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Momo, you are doing fantastic!

If something significant doesn't change with my attitude, it's just a matter of how many days I can white-knuckle it.

When are you seeing Reb Shlachter next? Hey, that's his JOB!!    :D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes