Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54110 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Jul 2009 13:21 #9127

• chl
bs"d

Momo,

good to "hear" you laughing! from my own thread i know that the GUE member Dov really knows a lot about the 12 steps (i am sure there are many other members as well), but he seemed to be really knowing what he is talking about. maybe you get in touch with him.

7up, i should write this to your every post, but you have a gift (to write, put into language, make people feel good) no doubt about it. b"H! 
Last Edit: by eremily.

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Jul 2009 13:41 #9131

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Yesterday was a day of pure selfishness.

All I can honestly say is that while the 3 weeks of Duvid Chaim's call hasn't helped me fight my addiction, it reminds me during the day to perform a couple of selfless acts, to thing a bit about others. While the calls are worth it just for that, my intention on joining was to work on my addiction.

Momo, as 7up said, it's a process! How many years were you addicted? ... So did you think you'll be FREE in a few weeks? But what Chaim Duvid is asking you to do will cause a slow but sure change in your attitude. It may be subtle at first, but it will grow and grow. And although you may not see the connection yet between thinking how to be useful to others helps you find freedom from this addiction, it will come to you.... and suddenly you will understand how this all fits in. You WILL find FREEDOM from the addiction.

Read what Dov posted today on this page, reply #3. It is AMAZING. It just shows what "selflessness" a person can reach with the right attitude, and how this saves us from the addiction...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Jul 2009 15:45 #9147

• Dov
  • Administrator
Momo wrote on 20 Jul 2009 12:44:

OK, 7UP, ha ha.  
If you had seen my post a few minutes earlier you wouldn't have written your wonderful post to me, and that would have been my loss.

All that aside, that doesn't answer my question I was hoping someone who has gone through the 12 step program can answer (I don't expect a response right away, but it would be great to get one within the next 24 hours).

Here, again is my question:
Once starting the 12 step program, how long does it take before I will I start to see real improvement? I'm sure it varies from person to person, but on average, how long?

The experience of many people is reflected nicely in the big book of AA, when it reads regarding the 9th step (the last 5 pages of the chapter named "Into Action" - ayein shom! ) : "If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are halfway through. We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness...we will see how our experience can benefit others. That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear...Self-seeking will slip away...Fear of people and economic security will leave us. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. We will suddenly realize that G-d is doing for use what we could not do for ourselves.
Are these extrvagant promises? We think not. They are being fulifilled among us - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them."
So, no, there is no time line, but doing whatever it takes to learn how to live w/o acting out our lust is the key to success in these steps. It is not the key by itself, though, and surely is not magic. It is a hard slog, but you are not alone - at all - if this is the path you choose!
You lucky yiddle, you!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by ainyeaishbeolamklall.

Re: Finally, an A+W moment! 22 Jul 2009 10:01 #9297

• chl
Momo wrote on 22 Jul 2009 07:23:

Anyway you slice it, the source is G-d. So, when 24 hours ago I couldn't think of any A+W moments, now I can't stop thinking about them! I see them alll around me, for each item I see becomes an A+W moment!

I love it!!! ;D

Momo wrote on 22 Jul 2009 07:23:

I thank HaShem for giving me this moment of inspiration, and I pray that I will continue to see HaShem around me, always.

AMEN!!!
Last Edit: by searching.

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 10:08 #9301

• TrYiNg
wow momo. You explained it so well. If  you read my thread you'll see that I was having a problem with exactly this. Thanks for the suggestions.

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 11:09 #9313

• battleworn
Momo, it was so geshmak to read that! You're well on your way to the real life!

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 11:27 #9317

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo, that was amazing!

You put into words waht we all need to hear. Belief is such an abstract concept, and you broke it down into realistic, reachable goals!
Not only is the idea a wonderful yesod, but you verbalized it so so well.

Please keep inspiring us with your insights. And keep surprising, and inspiring yourself!

You really are amazing,
7up
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by HarHoly.

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 11:48 #9322

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
7Up, one correction: I am not amazing, HaShem is amazing,

NO contradiction Momo; Hashem shows His 'amazingness' via amazing people

A special thank you to Battleworn for keeping my spirits up yesterday and encouraging me to continue attending Duvid Chaim's meetings. See what happened last night!!

What happened last night is that Hashem gave you a great big hug because He loves you! :-*
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009 15:48 by chazak vyametz.

Re: Our daily short term goal 22 Jul 2009 12:52 #9335

• chl
Momo wrote on 22 Jul 2009 12:38:

These lead us to Dveikut, our ultimate goal. Once we acheive Dveikut, we'll automatically lose the desire to lust. That's beating the Y"H by-the-way, by performing positive measures, not by stressing out and fighting it head on.

wow! thanks for sharing this vital piece of info!!!
Last Edit: by pizzapie44.

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 13:03 #9337

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo,

Pearls of wisdom form you today!

Why dont you do us all a big favor and try summarize Duvid Chaim's daily session for us here on your thread? Not everyone gets to listen in, but we can all gain from his expertise.
You can be the perfect middle-man to explain, and bring practical examples for what he says?

Deal?
Last Edit: by fayga.

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 13:34 #9342

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Absolutely NO pressure!

Just share what you can, and we will all be that much richer, even if it's only a sentence or two every few days.

Tizku l'mitzvos!
7up
Last Edit: by tiefster88.

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 14:08 #9346

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Wow Momo, that would be a GREAT service to us all! And you write nicely too!

I saw your beautiful post before. It is truly profound. I want to share with you a story that brings out this same point, but I need to look up the details first...

P.S. Make sure to take some notes during the call so you can summarize.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2009 14:24 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 22 Jul 2009 14:31 #9348

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
These posts are great Momo! They talk exactly to the things that i am working on. I join the others in begging you to keep them coming.

Re: Momo II: Another try 23 Jul 2009 06:24 #9456

• chl
bs"d

another amazing post Momo. Thank you so much!

I find myself looking forward every day to your insights. I can feel the honesty and sincerity in your posts and i find that very refreshing. It helps me very much!
Last Edit: by ineedchizuk.

Re: Momo II: Another try 23 Jul 2009 09:29 #9473

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo, I dont have the words to thank you. A summary like this, together with your personal insights is invaluable.

I know that this was a gift from HaShem because He understood that I really needed it. I was depressed and on the brink of giving up.

What a hug Hashem gave you!

With this in mind, I already feel the intensity of my epiphany waning. But that's alright, because I understand that it is unusual at this early stage of the program to get an epiphany, and HaShem simply gave me a gift to give me a glimpse of how my life can feel like at the end of the program.

This shows such insight Momo. You're right, we  may not feel that hug so clearly ever step of the way, but if we know how to look, we will see it often enough to keep us going.

Once you have felt this madreiga even once, no matter how fleeting, IT IS YOURS FOREVER. This insight and growth is now sewn into your neshama, and even when you feel youve fallen and no longer feel this  ruchnius high, know that it is there, forever a part of you. NO-ONE - not even the menuval - can EVER take this away from you. Not because it's yours, but because it's you

PLease keep sharing. Just for the beautiful tefilla at the end it is worth it!
Last Edit: by sara.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes