Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54335 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 16:00 #40034

• habib613
you know him?
Last Edit: by progressivemongoose53.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 16:04 #40039

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 30 Dec 2009 16:00:

you know him?
Not yet. But hopefully i will get to know him. Im sure ill have lots of things to learn from My leader!
Last Edit: by vibrantpenguin30.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 16:42 #40092

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
davened! for you, for me, for G  Y  E!

and i couldn't agree with rage more
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Iwanttogetbetter.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 17:54 #40136

• Dov
  • Administrator
Thanks, reb Rage, I needed that.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Dadi4545.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 20:35 #40199

• jerusalemsexaddict
guardureyes wrote on 29 Dec 2009 22:01:

What exactly is your shitta on the 90 days,guard,once and for all?

I love you Uri, but I don't know if I have Koach to explain it again, because I've explained it so many times before and I don't seem to get anywhere... Maybe ask Reb Shlachter what my shitah is on the 90 days... I shmoozed with him today for a while, and we were in full agreement 

Hint: See the GYE handbook. Notice that tool #6 - (finding alternate fulfillment) and tool #7 (cutting down slowly) come before tool #8 - (the 90 days).

We put it in the welcoming e-mail because it's a great motivator to get people started (after all, addicts love control, no?  ) Once they get on the 90 day train, they start to learn the real secrets of letting go (and all that kind of stuff) from the forum... Over time, their 90 day journey becomes a whole different ball-game... They learn that it's not a goal in itself, they learn how to let go, they try to find inner serenity, how to live one day at a time, etc... and hopefully the tricks they learn here can take "root" because they are not acting out... (all under the pretense of getting to 90 days  ). Cuz if an addict is in active addiction, they can't learn how to "let go and let G-d" or all the other beautiful truths we learn in recovery. As they say in AA, "Do it Sober"  And like Momo always says, "Restricting yourself frees yourself to be the real you"... so hopefully they'll get to 90 days with a whole new attitude. Oh, and then the scientific study will kick in too - and not only will they have a better attitude - they'll also have managed to hopefully change the neuron pathways of the addiction!  :D

And BTW, I also spoke to Battleworn today, and we agreed that if a person is succeeding to slowly cut down (through tools #6 and #7), then even if he's not making it all the way to 90 days (tool #8), he still may end up succeeding in the end. It is only if a person sees that neither tools 6, 7 nor 8 are working for them, and they are simply falling completely back into the addictive pattern again and again, then at that point they need to move on to the next tools, and ultimately go for therapy and the 12-Steps - to get a whole "attitude make-over" from those with the real experience...

I'm sorry for ruffling your feathers guard.I do it purely out of confusion.I get emails and gchats asking what's the difference between our approaches and i have a hard time understanding exactly what yours is.One on hand it sounds like youre saying its just to get people to join.But on the other you sound like youre saying its a solution.
Whatever.As long as it makes sense to you,it's fine i guess.
Last Edit: by vibrantsparrow41.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 20:52 #40204

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Rage ATM wrote on 30 Dec 2009 15:39:

my boss' daughter is taking a class in college in philosophy and she is going over the debate of whether we really have free choice in this world or whether our lives are completely dictated by the circumstances we are presented...in other words, if you take any person and out them through the exact circumstances they will b ethe same way...she came into my office and said "rage, what do you think about this topic"...i said, "how did you know my name was rage?" no, just joking...i said that i strongly believe that we have the inner power to make ourselves anything, our surrounding notwithstanding" and she said why (philoosphers can get away with saying why to everything you say...philosophers and my 6 year old)...i said, "momo"...she said "why"...i said i have met people that the odds were stacked up against them..this guy that the world was stacked up against him, every atom in the universe declared, "this person is condemned to be unhappy" and this person did not let it happen...he revolted...and he changed the course of the universe...momo, i know the road ahead is long but what you have already accomplished is nothing short of מעשה בראשית....you have brought to life this amazing person that moves each and every person on this forum and can in fact move mountains...and for that YOU ARE TRULY SOMEONE SPECIAL

There is a Tatty in shamayim Who is shepping suuuuuch nachas from His sons Rage and Momo.
You guys are way beyond awesome!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by brightfalcon37.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 21:57 #40245

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I was out this afternoon, but I suddenly heard a paradigm-shift in the space time-continuum. The universe, as we know it, was trying to fold back into itself. It was really weird. But then I came to the forum and saw that Rage had used big fonts and colors. That would pretty much explain it, I guess.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by energeticotter25.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 23:17 #40282

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Rage, stop trying to destroy the universe. I'm serious man. If you post one more post like that, it's gonna happen.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by hopefulmongoose57.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 23:30 #40285

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Thanks, Rage, for welcoming that new member to GYE.  Gosh, his name sounds familiar!  ;D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by serenehawk25.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 23:30 #40286

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 30 Dec 2009 22:58:

rage, can i just say that you are one craaaaazzzzy nutjob lunatic?!!!!  :D ;D > :o 8) ??? : :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
Can i say it too?? Or i have already so many times! :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by NewDeal.

Re: momo 30 Dec 2009 23:47 #40289

• loi-misyaeish
RAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!! Well done!!
Last Edit: by Rokelet4.

Re: Momo II: Another try 31 Dec 2009 03:49 #40318

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
rage!!!!!!!!!!!!
u da man!!!!!!!!!
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by upbeatpenguin10.

Re: Momo II: Another try 31 Dec 2009 07:18 #40355

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, Rage unleashed is certainly a forced to be reckoned with!
I think yesterday you had a real spiritual experience, and I'm not joking. Thanks for sharing it with us, and especially on my thread. 

So, today is day 24 for me, which is VERY significant. Why? My longest streak of clean days while living in a non-Yeshiva environment is... 24 days. That was my first and longest streak when I joined GYE, 10 months ago. So, this is a milestone for me.

No one pays today, because according to Kedusha's rules it's not match double 90 for me, but rather 30-50-90, but that's OK. This day still has special meaning for me.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Last Edit: by empoweredunicorn64.

Re: Momo II: Another try 31 Dec 2009 07:20 #40357

• habib613
wow!
i'm so proud of you!
so so proud!

may this be your last 24th day... (in a good way)
Last Edit: by upbeatlemur26.

Re: Momo II: Another try 31 Dec 2009 08:33 #40380

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
AWESOME MOMO!!!! That is incredible! From this point on in, you are beating records every second, climbing higher than you've ever climbed!

KUTGW!!!! and Keep on Trukking!

Eeech gishelpt mein truk a sach, unn eich vill gishlept mein trukke nuch a sach!!!

(I don' speak yiddish at all, so I'm gonna have to check with Bardi and see if it makes any sense!!!)
Last Edit: by brightviper82.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes