Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54337 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 12:07 #39409

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 29 Dec 2009 12:05:

Uri told me that he took IT25's ipod to work, right?
So we'll have to wait until tomorrow.
On the head.  :D :D :D :D :D
Last Edit: by 1818iam.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 14:34 #39496

• jerusalemsexaddict
AHHH!!!!
TRIGGERS!!!!!
21!!!!!
22!!!!!
GOTTA STAY CLEAN!!!!!!
NO SLIPPING!!!!!
NO MORE NEWSPAPERS!!!!!
NO MORE INTERNET!!!!!!
NO MORE GOING OUTSIDE!!!!!

COME ON MOMO!
WE CAN DO THIS MAN!!!
JUST KEEP FOCUSING ON THE 90 DAYS!!!
IF YOU FALL WE'LL KILL YOU!!!!
BUT NO PRESSURE!
WE BELIEVE IN YOU MAN!
JUST FOR TODAY!
ONE MINUTE AT A TIME!
AND AFTER 90 DAYS,YOUR MIND WILL HAVE NEW WAVES AND YOU WONT EVER WANT TO MASTURBATE EVER AGAIN!!!
WOOOEEEEEEEE!!
IM SO EXCITED!!
SCIENTISTS HAVE PROVEN THIS!
CHECK OUT THIS LINK FOR ONE BALD MAN'S OPINION candeocan.com/addiction-alters-your-brain-but-you-can-reverse-the-effects/
IF YOU DAY 89,THATS NOT ENOUGH!
BUT THE NEXT DAY,YOUR ADDICTION WILL DISSAPPEAR!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!
WE CAN DO THIS!
WE MUST DO THIS!
WE JUST NEED MORE WILL POWER!
GO MOMO GO!
Last Edit: by mxolisi.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 14:36 #39499

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm ROTFL!
I haven't laughed this hard in a LONG time!
Last Edit: by orderg.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 15:49 #39535

• habib613
i agree with only half of uri's post.
lol

but seriously, momo, you can do no more triggers for the rest of the day.
slippery slope and all that.
NO MORE FALLS!
VLR!
Last Edit: by joyfulbutterfly70.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 16:39 #39562

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
MOMO, you CAN do this.

You are amazing. I'm getting SO MUCH chizuk from you.

I'm in Day 16, (so I'm looking up to you - no pressure  ) and I'm also taking it one step at a time:

One second, one minute, one hour, one mishmar, one day, one night, then count one full day, one shabbos-waning (first half of the week), one shabbos-waxing (second half), one heilege Shabbos itself, then count one whole week.

Then do it again!!

This dance aint so hard once you know the steps. That's the 12 STEPS.

Your mountains, as the YH looks right now, WILL turn into molehills. Lust WILL become a past bechirah point, you will no longer be disturbed by it, just like now you have no tieveh to eat in a treif restaurant, or flick on a light switch on shabbos.

You can sidestep the slips - don't allow any depression, remember you are just doing the best that you can, you can't control outcomes. Then concentrate on the GOOD that you can do. If you need a break from work stress, don't bottel - call a friend or parent for 2 minutes to say you're thinking about them, do something good, a mitzvah, learn a piece from Tomar Devorah, build yourself by building others - then get back to work.

Turn your triggers into TIGGERS!!! and BOUNCE away from them!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by turtleyo.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 17:15 #39589

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo i think your a genious. Your the first one to figure out..........................................TO JUST LAUGH AWAY AT URIS POSTS!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by livelywolf66.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 17:25 #39596

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yes, yes he is a genius.

But will y'all just calm down a bit?

There are no angels with trumpets blasting waiting on the other side of the 90 days, you know. Some serenity has to be acceptable, too.

Sorry. 'snif'

;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by jubilantmongoose10.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 18:34 #39621

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Like Dov said... The big question here is not if you can "white-knuckle" 90 days, but rather if you can find the inner peace and serenity to be free of the addiction for 90 days - and beyond, one day at a time....  

So Uri is right for making fun of it   if it's gonna all be about "pressure"... but it's not meant to be. It never was.

P.S. See Battleworn's recent post here on this idea as well.

Go Momo Go!

And BTW, if you fall, you're dead. >
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2009 19:01 by hopefulcheetah74.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 18:38 #39622

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
i davened today so you owe me!!! > again, no pressure, momo!
and i'm gonna daven mincha 2, ok?
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by renewedzebra71.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 18:40 #39624

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
GO MOMO!!!  We are all routing for you!!!

No matter what happens I'm proud of you.  Take it one day at a time.  G-d will help you as will we all.
Last Edit: by brightkangaroo31.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 19:14 #39639

• jerusalemsexaddict
guardureyes wrote on 29 Dec 2009 18:34:

Like Dov said... The big question here is not if you can "white-knuckle" 90 days, but rather if you can find the inner peace and serenity to be free of the addiction for 90 days - and beyond, one day at a time....  

So Uri is right for making fun of it   if it's gonna all be about "pressure"... but it's not meant to be. It never was.

P.S. See Battleworn's recent post here on this idea as well.

Go Momo Go!

And BTW, if you fall, you're dead. >

Thank you guard.
Great post!
Last Edit: by empoweredowl12.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 19:19 #39641

• jerusalemsexaddict
Not that I want get into this discussion again,but if that is the whole post,then the indroductory welcome is a little misleading.
It makes it sound like it's worthwhile to rough it for 90 days,cause after that everything becomes easier.
What exactly is your shitta on the 90 days,guard,once and for all?

Scientific studies have shown that it takes 90 days to change a neural thought pattern that was ingrained in the brain through addictive behaviors. Did you join the 90 day chart on-line? Sign up over here...

Last Edit: by amiokay.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 21:14 #39673

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Uri,

If you must leave and go back to Chutz L'Aretz, may I suggest you pick up some stones, maybe a piece of J-m stone left over at a constuction site. Having a real live piece of EY with you in your home away from home will help you leep your focus that you wanna get back one day.

Let me know when you're having the NY Kumzitz. And send me a link to the newest Kumzitz MP3, please.

How'd your day go, MOMO?
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by Merk4.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Dec 2009 22:01 #39690

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
What exactly is your shitta on the 90 days,guard,once and for all?

I love you Uri, but I don't know if I have Koach to explain it again, because I've explained it so many times before and I don't seem to get anywhere... Maybe ask Reb Shlachter what my shitah is on the 90 days... I shmoozed with him today for a while, and we were in full agreement  

Hint: See the GYE handbook. Notice that tool #6 - (finding alternate fulfillment) and tool #7 (cutting down slowly) come before tool #8 - (the 90 days).

We put it in the welcoming e-mail because it's a great motivator to get people started (after all, addicts love control, no?   ) Once they get on the 90 day train, they start to learn the real secrets of letting go (and all that kind of stuff) from the forum... Over time, their 90 day journey becomes a whole different ball-game... They learn that it's not a goal in itself, they learn how to let go, they try to find inner serenity, how to live one day at a time, etc... and hopefully the tricks they learn here can take "root" because they are not acting out... (all under the pretense of getting to 90 days  ). Cuz if an addict is in active addiction, they can't learn how to "let go and let G-d" or all the other beautiful truths we learn in recovery. As they say in AA, "Do it Sober"   And like Momo always says, "Restricting yourself frees yourself to be the real you"... so hopefully they'll get to 90 days with a whole new attitude. Oh, and then the scientific study will kick in too - and not only will they have a better attitude - they'll also have managed to hopefully change the neuron pathways of the addiction!  :D

And BTW, I also spoke to Battleworn today, and we agreed that if a person is succeeding to slowly cut down (through tools #6 and #7), then even if he's not making it all the way to 90 days (tool #8), he still may end up succeeding in the end. It is only if a person sees that neither tools 6, 7 nor 8 are working for them, and they are simply falling completely back into the addictive pattern again and again, then at that point they need to move on to the next tools, and ultimately go for therapy and the 12-Steps - to get a whole "attitude make-over" from those with the real experience...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2009 23:27 by Dontlosefocus.

Re: Momo II: Another try 30 Dec 2009 05:50 #39830

• habib613
GM MOMO!!!!
u always at work by 7.45?
crazy...
Last Edit: by esp2.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes