Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54351 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Dec 2009 11:13 #37989

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Momo,

We all have our ways to stay in a good head space. If being goofy and funny makes you happy, makes ppl on the forum happy and keeps people clean, I would shine my goofy shoes every mornin on the way to work!

Have a Goofy Shabbos
Haba

Last Edit: by hilow.

Re: Momo II: Another try 26 Dec 2009 16:36 #38115

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I am crazy about the new momo ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by wife12345.

Re: Momo II: Another try 26 Dec 2009 18:02 #38128

• jerusalemsexaddict
Eye.nonymous wrote on 25 Dec 2009 09:29:

7Up wrote on 25 Dec 2009 09:01:

Momo, there comes a time in life when one needs to learn how to please oneself, not necessarily the world.
Keep doing what youre doing, and you'll discover that laughter is contagious and smiles spread for miles!
Next thing youll know; those 'serious' threads will be goofier than the 'Depressed Persons Chill Spot'
As you yourself said, who was it who hated the joking hijacking once upon a lifetime??!

I've noticed a funny thing.

Many Newbies come in and offer their analysis of lust, intricate Divrei Torah, dry lists of tips "just do this and stay clean!," and technical questions about this forum.

We do appreciate them.

But, after a while, they all break down into heart-wrenching personal stories, and sincere cries for help.

And then, after a while, they start showing a sense of humor, too.

I think it's a sign of coming to terms with life and with realizing that we're not the center.  I think it's important for recovery.  After all, as John Hopkins medical center (in conjunction with Perdue university and poulty) studies have shown, "laughter IS the best medicine."

[BTW, this is a good reason for everyone to stick around.]

Beautiful point,eye.
If I can repeat what you're saying in a different way,
Rav Shlachter often speaks about seeing things from up close.
Meaning:People often have anxieties because they are watching things too intensely.
Imagine your life as a movie theater.
You can sit in the front row and see everything and need to respond immediately cause its so BAM!
Or you can watch things from farther,sort of like from the outside.
Laughter helps us take a step back and chill.
Addicts in general sit in the front row.
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 18:04 by isogotthis.

Re: Momo II: Another try 26 Dec 2009 18:23 #38129

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Uri wrote on 26 Dec 2009 18:02:

Eye.nonymous wrote on 25 Dec 2009 09:29:

7Up wrote on 25 Dec 2009 09:01:

Momo, there comes a time in life when one needs to learn how to please oneself, not necessarily the world.
Keep doing what youre doing, and you'll discover that laughter is contagious and smiles spread for miles!
Next thing youll know; those 'serious' threads will be goofier than the 'Depressed Persons Chill Spot'
As you yourself said, who was it who hated the joking hijacking once upon a lifetime??!

I've noticed a funny thing.

Many Newbies come in and offer their analysis of lust, intricate Divrei Torah, dry lists of tips "just do this and stay clean!," and technical questions about this forum.

We do appreciate them.

But, after a while, they all break down into heart-wrenching personal stories, and sincere cries for help.

And then, after a while, they start showing a sense of humor, too.

I think it's a sign of coming to terms with life and with realizing that we're not the center.  I think it's important for recovery.  After all, as John Hopkins medical center (in conjunction with Perdue university and poulty) studies have shown, "laughter IS the best medicine."

[BTW, this is a good reason for everyone to stick around.]

Beautiful point,eye.
If I can repeat what you're saying in a different way,
Rav Dhlachter often speaks about seeing things from up close.
Meaning:People often have anxieties because they are watching things too intensely.
Imagine your life as a movie theater.
You can sit in the front row and see everything and need to respond immediately cause its so BAM!
Or you can watch things from farther,sort of like from the outside.
Laughter helps us take a step back and chill.
Addicts in general sit in the front row.

Now that we've mentioned all this, I've noticed another type of person who joins GYE:

Someone who comes in completely desparate.  "I give up!  Life is so horrible!  I'll never get better!  I thought I'd join the forum anyways, but I'm beyond help!"

...and shortly after they're on a solid road to recovery!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10518.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 06:20 #38197

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye.nonymous wrote on 26 Dec 2009 18:23:

Now that we've mentioned all this, I've noticed another type of person who joins GYE:

Someone who comes in completely desparate.  "I give up!  Life is so horrible!  I'll never get better!  I thought I'd join the forum anyways, but I'm beyond help!"

...and shortly after they're on a solid road to recovery!

Sounds like me, LOL.  

And, thanks for everyone's replies and chizuk.
-------------------------------------------------
So, with HaShem's and your help, I've got 19 clean days behind me.
Wishing everyone a shavua tov, and an easy yet meaningful fast.
Just think that in Israel we have to work and fast. Not easy. Oh well.
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 06:26 by shosh1.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 06:44 #38202

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
So, I was thinking.... (Don't worry Dov, not to much  )

Something Duvid Chaim said. He said that we need to connect to our inner child. To remember a time when we were truly happy and self-confident, a time before the addiction started, or before the trauma that caused us to run to our addictive comfort zone.

I recommend everyone think about that child within himself/herself and connect with him/her. Remember what that child felt and how he/she acted.

I guess I'm starting to connect to that inner child.

I remember him now. For many years I had forgotten that he had ever existed.

Can you believe that up to age 12 I was extroverted, self-confident and happy? I actually used to put on one-man shows in front of my class, and prepare the material the night before, in my spare time.

Then something traumatic happened to me at age 12 (sorry, I won't go into details) and everything changed. I turned from a happy innocent child into an angry child with low self-esteem, got older, and discovered how to escape from the world. The rest is history, until a couple of weeks ago when I'm trying to rewrite history.

I did think my destiny was to try to free myself from the addiction, yet fail and die unclean. Now I know that even though I am an addict I do have a choice on how to act. My fate is not predetermined.

I think that is one of the most important things I've written in my entire life, and I've written a lot. I'll write it again. Now I know that even though I am an addict, I do have a choice on how to act.

Wow.
Last Edit: by jackie1456.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 06:52 #38206

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Joke of the day:
What airline do ashkenazim fly?

Matos Massei

(Which if has to be explained, it literally means "airplane-wanderings")

GROAN!
Last Edit: by inittowinit.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 08:00 #38214

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I'm feeling agitated and sad. Maybe it's the beginning of a new week, maybe it's the fact I'm hungry and miss my morning coffee.

It's also very quiet on the forum.

Anybody there?
Last Edit: by jmordy21a.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 08:15 #38215

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
OK. I'm feeling a bit down. Forum's quiet. This is a good time to fulfill my promise and do my post that I promised upon getting 500 dollars in sponsors.

I hope you're not disappointed because it's a bit simple, but I'm pretty sure it's never been done before on the forum.

Enjoy!

Last Edit: by DeletedUser10618.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 08:27 #38240

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Nobody is here, I am just pretending to be here.  

Momo wrote on 27 Dec 2009 06:44:

I did think my destiny was to try to free myself from the addiction, yet fail and die unclean. Now I know that even though I am an addict I do have a choice on how to act. My fate is not predetermined.

I think that is one of the most important things I've written in my entire life, and I've written a lot. I'll write it again. Now I know that even though I am an addict, I do have a choice on how to act.

Wow.

Thanks for sharing.  For me, the above yesod was one of the most important ones once I internalized it.  I read an interesting article recently from Rav Aharon Feldman, explaining how so many people do not really believe in "free choice", even though they do.  The title of the article was appropriately named, "That is the way I am".

I mentioned this yesod in a post to eye, and two days later DuvidChaim reiterated the same yesod in a more eloquent manner.

My first step to recovery was learning how to reclaim my "free choice" faculties and realizing that I do have control over my actions and that my actions are a result of my decisions.  Only after I was able to master that faculty was I able to learn how to deal with my thoughts and emotions.  

Today I'm feeling agitated and sad. Maybe it's the beginning of a new week, maybe it's the fact I'm hungry and miss my morning coffee.

If you are a real caffeine addict, like myself, you would get yourself some caffeine pills. I always feel charged on fast days.
Last Edit: by mot770.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 08:30 #38246

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
YS, I'll get to you post soon, now I'm busy fulfilling my promise.
If I missed anybody, it's not intentional, and I apologize.

:D
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 08:35 #38254

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY EXTRA SUPER DUPER SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 08:37 by tdfgye.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 09:01 #38283

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm done. 40 minutes and who knows how many messages later...
Hope you enjoyed!
:D :D :D

(OK, I counted and I think it's 59 posts.)
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 09:36 by working1.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 09:05 #38286

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Now it's MY turn to spam everyone's threads :D :D :D

Please READ and VOTE on this new poll I just created over here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0
Last Edit: by london83.

Re: Momo II: Another try 27 Dec 2009 09:28 #38308

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Ano Nymous wrote on 27 Dec 2009 09:05:

Now it's MY turn to spam everyone's threads :D :D :D

I hope you are really joking.
I was not spamming. I was trying to make everyone feel good and special. I also had promised to do something special for the forum if I received 500 dollars in sponsors, which I did.
I guess imitation is a form of flattery. However, when posting a new poll, I think posting it on your thread, and creating a new topic, is sufficient.

Last Edit: 27 Dec 2009 09:38 by working1.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes