Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54357 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 14:14 #37706

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Wishing you a relaxing, rejuvenating and ruchnius Shabbos Momo!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by mnblkj.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 16:09 #37739

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shabbat Shalom Momo. Amen on your prayer. Cant wait to here from ya after shabbos.
Last Edit: by jackweiss.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 16:19 #37744

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
g'shabbos, momo! 8)
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by jay56729.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 16:50 #37758

• jerusalemsexaddict
Momo!
I love you man
And you're not egotistical in the slightest!
I also had this issue when I really started to find myself.
People I trusted told me I was becoming arrogant.
I was confused,cause I knew myself pretty well and didn't sense arrogance.
Rav Shlachter assured me that it was just self esteem and finding my good qualities and what I have to share.
People sometimes want to control others who they feel are growing too fast without them so they try reigning them in.
Follow your heart man!
We Love You!

Last Edit: by catscradle5.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 17:09 #37767

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Uri honestly i think its a little different. Its because people get so used to someone being down all the time, cuz of his low self-esteem, that when he start being upbeat and happy he sounds arrogant. Not everyone is so deep and trying to control others. Theyre just stupid and dont realize that someones becoming more open and happy with himself and highering his self esteem so it comes out to them that hes arrogant. Whatever.
Last Edit: by h123456789.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 17:13 #37769

• jerusalemsexaddict
IT,my aged and fragile friend,
I disagree wholly and completely(if there is a difference.habib?)
Everyone IS so deep.
Read my blog to get an idea of what I mean.
Last Edit: by yidtryingtoimprove.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 19:26 #37795

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm working a bit from home, and decided to check out how my friends are doing.

I just read Steve's thread. It's quite a humbling experience.

Makes me feel like I'm just a grown up acting like a stupid kid.

*Sigh*

But haven't I suffered enough? Aren't I allowed to act funny and goofy and silly?
If writing stupid things makes me happy, and being happy helps me NOT act out, what's the big deal, right?
So I'm acting immature. Who cares, right?

Maybe I'm still finding my balance.
I was so depressed for so long, maybe its OK if I walk around singing and laughing and thinking of corny jokes?

What do you guys think? Can anybody relate to what I'm saying? 7Up? Guard? Uri? Dov? Yaakov S?
Last Edit: by maxicosi.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 19:31 #37798

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know if this makes any sense, but I've stopped reading a lot of threads. I read the ones of my closest friends (I think you know who you are), especially since you guys know me by now, and know how to kid around.

I was always the serious one who actually complained that this forum was not serious enough! Remember that!?  :o

A lot of other threads are so serious. I'm holding somewhere else (not necessarily better, just different). I'm trying to get away from the thinking too much and being depressed. I'm trying to just live life and be happy, and have faith in HaShem like a child to a father, and be happy like a child is when he feels secure knowing his parents are there for him.
Last Edit: by gyet.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 20:24 #37804

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
exactly! let the inner child out! skip down the block/ hallway when no one's looking and smile for no reason
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Ashuer.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 20:45 #37807

• bardichev
Momo wrote on 24 Dec 2009 19:31:

I don't know if this makes any sense, but I've stopped reading a lot of threads. I read the ones of my closest friends (I think you know who you are), especially since you guys know me by now, and know how to kid around.

I was always the serious one who actually complained that this forum was not serious enough! Remember that!?  :o

A lot of other threads are so serious. I'm holding somewhere else (not necessarily better, just different). I'm trying to get away from the thinking too much and being depressed. I'm trying to just live life and be happy, and have faith in HaShem like a child to a father, and be happy like a child is when he feels secure knowing his parents are there for him.

what does serious mean??

Last Edit: by ftwftwgye.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 21:14 #37814

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
People sometimes want to control others who they feel are growing too fast without them so they try reigning them in.

I know just what you mean, Uri. I totally LOVE to do that.  ;D  (click here to hear me laughing about the thrill I get from this)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2009 21:52 by 04112004.

Re: Momo II: Another try 24 Dec 2009 22:14 #37830

• Dov
  • Administrator
Momo with dov's blue stuff in it wrote on 24 Dec 2009 19:26:

I'm working a bit from home, and decided to check out how my friends are doing.
...sounds to me like a rather grown up thing to do....
I just read Steve's thread. It's quite a humbling experience.

Makes me feel like I'm just a grown up acting like a stupid kid.
join the club...
*Sigh*

But haven't I suffered enough? Aren't I allowed to act funny and goofy and silly?
If writing stupid things makes me happy, and being happy helps me NOT act out, what's the big deal, right?
So I'm acting immature. Who cares, right?
Take a number...
Maybe I'm still finding my balance.
Try walking on the edge of a 2x4. It takes time: days, weeks, maybe even months, but you get real good at it if you keep at it....why should this balance thing be any different? ...just take a number and KOT....
I was so depressed for so long, maybe its OK if I walk around singing and laughing and thinking of corny jokes?
I do it all the time while at work, less so at home...go figure.
What do you guys think?
Think? What does 'think' mean?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by shemanov.

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Dec 2009 09:01 #37955

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo, there comes a time in life when one needs to learn how to please oneself, not necessarily the world.
Keep doing what youre doing, and you'll discover that laughter is contagious and smiles spread for miles!
Next thing youll know; those 'serious' threads will be goofier than the 'Depressed Persons Chill Spot'
As you yourself said, who was it who hated the joking hijacking once upon a lifetime??!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by lemonade.

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Dec 2009 09:29 #37964

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 25 Dec 2009 09:01:

Momo, there comes a time in life when one needs to learn how to please oneself, not necessarily the world.
Keep doing what youre doing, and you'll discover that laughter is contagious and smiles spread for miles!
Next thing youll know; those 'serious' threads will be goofier than the 'Depressed Persons Chill Spot'
As you yourself said, who was it who hated the joking hijacking once upon a lifetime??!

I've noticed a funny thing.

Many Newbies come in and offer their analysis of lust, intricate Divrei Torah, dry lists of tips "just do this and stay clean!," and technical questions about this forum.

We do appreciate them.

But, after a while, they all break down into heart-wrenching personal stories, and sincere cries for help.

And then, after a while, they start showing a sense of humor, too.

I think it's a sign of coming to terms with life and with realizing that we're not the center.  I think it's important for recovery.  After all, as John Hopkins medical center (in conjunction with Perdue university and poulty) studies have shown, "laughter IS the best medicine."

[BTW, this is a good reason for everyone to stick around.]
Last Edit: by DeletedUser10323.

Re: Momo II: Another try 25 Dec 2009 09:45 #37965

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo Dude. How many times do i have to tell you; KEEP ROCKING THE BOAT, AND I DONT CARE IF WE TIP OVER, SO LONG AS WERE HAVING FUN!!! ;D :D
Last Edit: by menachemrephun18.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes