Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54378 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 15:15 #35232

• habib613
because you're fighting back (or not, whatever) differently.
when you first started, you weren't seeing R' S., you weren't posting as much as now, you weren't calling Uri and imtrying, you weren't doing things that made you happy...
the list goes on and on

this time will be different.

and it's amazing to read your thread over, no?
Last Edit: by mendy+live62.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 15:19 #35236

• habib613
oh man, rage, i can't stop laughing!
Last Edit: by DeletedUser7187.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 15:21 #35239

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 16 Dec 2009 15:18:

didnt see this until just now...ok, here goes:

A rabbi, a penguin, and a turtle walk into a bar, the turtle says, "hey where can i get one of those outfits you guys are wearing?"

Good job Rage! Much better than what I could come up with.
I knew you wouldn't disappoint me.  :D
Last Edit: by guardyour2023.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 15:37 #35245

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
habib613 wrote on 16 Dec 2009 15:15:

when you first started, you weren't seeing R' S., you weren't posting as much as now, you weren't calling Uri and imtrying, you weren't doing things that made you happy...
the list goes on and on

Hmmm. I've really tried before, so I can't add the reason "because now I'm really trying". Also, I've acted out a lot when I first started seeing Rav S, so I can't add "because I now see Rav S."
But, you made some good points.

So, here's my updated list why this time will be different:

1. I have proven to myself that I can go to work for and not surf outside this site. (I've done it for 6 workdays straight.)
2. I now have friends to call when I'm feeling down or lonely. I don't have to feel lonely again.
3. I am trying to live by doing things that are (kosher and) fun!
4. I am fighting differently by letting it go and not trying to white-knuckle all the time.
5. I'm posting a lot more on the forum, and loosening up and having fun, joking around.
6. I'm making a list of things I'm grateful for each day.

Habib, do you ever feel panicky-scared that you'll act out and fall badly? What do you do?
Last Edit: 16 Dec 2009 15:42 by gyes5783.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 15:47 #35250

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I just wanted to let everyone know I'll not be at work tomorrow. That means I'll be offline most of the time until Sunday morning. so don't worry; I'll be OK. My not posting tomorrow doesn't mean I fell, c"v.
(IT25, that means that if you need anything from me, or to tell me anything related to the party, you'll have to call me.  I'll be available by cell the whole day.)

But, I'll be anxiously waiting to read new posts on my thread, so keep posting and responding to what I've written today! I might check in before Sunday to read what you guys have written here.

Good Shabbos and enjoy the rest of Channukkah!

Thanks for helping me have one of the most successful weeks of my life, and I don't mean with regard to the amount of work I've done, I mean spiritually.  

Last Edit: 16 Dec 2009 15:49 by am1677.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 16:00 #35257

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo you want to know why this time will be different?? Stop looking to the future so much. Youv had an absolutly great two weeks. Now just take it one day at a time. Or even one hour. Or even one minute if you have to. It will be different because you feel a pressure to prove its gonna be different this time. Just tell yourself i want this great thing im doing now to cont for one more day. Thats it. When you wake up tomorrow youll decide if you want it for another day. Allow the difference to be seen when looking back. Were not Nevi'im. We dont know if or why its going to be different. But its not our job to know either. Our job is to say i had a good day today i want a good day tomorrow. Thats it.

We love you momo. And well miss you till you come back. Enjoy your mini vacation.
Last Edit: by martin0220.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 16:05 #35260

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep it up Momo.  Enjoy the past week.  It's better to think about the good things then any of the bad.
Last Edit: by sgdf.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 16:58 #35268

• jerusalemsexaddict
A Rabbi,a pigeon, and a turtle walk into a bar.*
The bartender asks what they want.
The pigeon says "double scotch".
The turtle orders a beer.
"And what will you be having,Rabbi",the bartender asks.
The Rabbi grins.
"I'm walking around with a pigeon and a turtle.Isn't it clear I've drunk enough?"

A Rabbi,a pigeon, and a turtle walk into a bar.
They start discussing things about life that they enjoy.
The pigeon says "I get my enjoyment in life pooping on people's heads".*
The turtle says "I get enjoyment every time I hear another turtle and hare story".
The Rabbi whips out a butcher knife.

1.bp.blogspot.com/_B7iJN32O15U/SKZxyE-0QGI/AAAAAAAAAQg/V42NDjI7vZU/s400/2261-Cool+Funny+Pictures+-+Photos+-+Hilarious+-+Humor+-+Images+-+.jpg
aa.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avgb&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_aa&p=turtle+eats+pigeon
Last Edit: by Persisting.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 17:02 #35270

• habib613
are my eyes decieving me?
no way did uri just come back...

hi!

and hysterical jokes  :D
Last Edit: by merry.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 17:23 #35274

• Dov
  • Administrator
He came back for pidgeon jokes?

PFFFTTT!!!!

A rabbi, a priest, and a minister get together (first mistake) to prove whose better at their job. They go to the woods to convert bears and agree to compare notes in 1 hour. Back at the LZ, the priest says he got the bear to take a copy of the catechism and he agreed to come to church this sunday for communion. The minister relates how he actually baptised his bear and got him to flop on the ground and talk in tongues for a bit. They look around for the rabbi and find him on the ground nearby with his shirt and jacket wrapped around some wounds. They asked him what happenned.
He just replied, "Maybe I shouldn't have begun with the circumcision."

Sorry.  ;D
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by avrumyk.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 17:33 #35277

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
LOL Uri and Dov!!   ;D ;D

Uri, thanks for coming back. We really missed you around these parts of the woods (where the bears roam ... dov )
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 16 Dec 2009 17:37 by digitalwarfare.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Dec 2009 22:26 #35319

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
URI YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by david s.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Dec 2009 06:26 #35361

• habib613
Momo wrote on 16 Dec 2009 15:37:

habib613 wrote on 16 Dec 2009 15:15:

the list goes on and on

Hmmm. I've really tried before, so I can't add the reason "because now I'm really trying". Also, I've acted out a lot when I first started seeing Rav S, so I can't add "because I now see Rav S."
But, you made some good points.

So, here's my updated list why this time will be different:

1. I have proven to myself that I can go to work for and not surf outside this site. (I've done it for 6 workdays straight.)
2. I now have friends to call when I'm feeling down or lonely. I don't have to feel lonely again.
3. I am trying to live by doing things that are (kosher and) fun!
4. I am fighting differently by letting it go and not trying to white-knuckle all the time.
5. I'm posting a lot more on the forum, and loosening up and having fun, joking around.
6. I'm making a list of things I'm grateful for each day.

Habib, do you ever feel panicky-scared that you'll act out and fall badly? What do you do?

i think that's a really good list. and i would still add seeing R' S, because even if you acted out,even if you still act out, he is a very important factor in your recovery.
and yes, i get that panicky-scared feeling. sometimes i call people and sometimes i do everything i can to calm myself down. "breathe, habib, breath. calm down. don't quit. there are people out there who believe in you. they think you can do it."
as you can see, i haven't learned to let go and let G-d, so don't learn from me.
Last Edit: by amevakesh.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Dec 2009 16:46 #35466

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
anyone who's hit as many days as you, habib is someone to learn from!
aizehoo chacham halomeid mikal adam!
and you give us a lot to learn from!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by bobjonson.

Re: Momo II: Another try 20 Dec 2009 07:08 #35947

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone. I'm baaaaaaaaaack.  :D
Last work-day-of no outside surfing to finish Rav S's challenge and allow me to return to him without seeing a psychiatrist first.
12 clean days behind me.
Baruch Hashem.

Have a great day and week everyone!

PS. Uri, thanks for keeping your promise.    And, it was soooo cool to meet you in person!
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2009 07:14 by chsb.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes