Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 169885 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 14:41 #5592

• bardichev
Kedusha wrote on 01 Jun 2009 21:52:

You got involved only four years ago?  I first got the Internet almost 12 years ago, and I stumbled the first day (I had my clean periods, but they never lasted.  Instead, I kept doing Teshuva, sinning again, doing Teshuva, sinning again, etc.).  I had serious issues before the Internet, as well. 

Don't look back, Bardichev - that isn't like you.  Look only ahead - the opportunities are limitless, if we keep our focus, one day at a time.

4 years was the time I got back into it it after avery long period of being clean.

I appreciate the the chizzuk .It means alot to me.I raelly try not to live in the past and I just try to keep on going forward.As you can see from the way I write .I write the way I am  for better or worse.

This point is I do not need to turn back the clock and as it was discussed on the forum many times that it is possible that the aveiros can propel you to do teshuva.meaning if you do a small aveira you may not feel it but a big one you feel.This issue of being held back in my Limud Hatorah has always been a reminder as to where I was and where I should be.

I have another thougt on this topic I am only formulating it in my mind so stay tuned...

Holy Dov!
(there are very few websites where you can get away with a comment like that!)
please explain

humble and happy
bardichev
Last Edit: by thistime.

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 17:53 #5603

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevaldig! Can't wait for the next one.

I will be out of town until Monday B'Ezras Hashem. so if you don't hear from me don't worry.

I hope to be disconnected partially from the Oilom Hagashmi while I'm gone.

I'm taking a fast trip to The Holy Land. strictly spiritual!

Even thou I don't know everyone's or anyone's names I will have all you Tzadikim in mind B'Ezras Hashem. I'm sure Hashem has your names & will know who I'm talking about.

Ashrecho Yisroel
Last Edit: by Shula0.

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 19:44 #5606

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Have a wonderful trip, b'Ruchniyus uv'Gashmiyus!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by 4u4me.

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 19:54 #5608

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks! Kedusha
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 20:06 #5610

• bardichev
foor gezint kim gezint
POIL OIS ALLES GITS

HAVE US ALL IN MIND
Last Edit: by madeleine7.

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 22:28 #5629

• bardichev
MAZEL TOV TO ME ON BECOMING FULL MEMBER I AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE TZADDIKIM OF THIS DOR

h&h
b
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 02 Jun 2009 23:12 #5633

• Dov
  • Administrator
The comment? Just that it was a transliterated posuk and seemed a bit funny how naturally it just typed out, that's all. Happy senior membership! Nu, do we at least get a sprinkle doughnut for that or something?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by mitgaber ceari.

Re: bardichev's battle 05 Jun 2009 17:37 #5818

• bardichev
MORAI VIRABOISAY A gutten  erev Shabbos

This was a beautiful week on this forum

We picked up new members and there was very good conversations going back and forth B"H

I have good news for the HEILIGE GUARD I am at day 79 wow!!!

I would suggest that we all drink one (extra ) LCHAIM  this SHABBOS

in the honor of the HEILIGE GUARD

he does so much for each and every one of us

I would like to leave off with a question for everyone to think about over shabbos

The connection between Parshas Nazir and Parshas sotta is

says the gemara sotta daf bes "if one sees a sotta in her destruction shall become a nazir (from wine)

Here is a good question if one sees the horrible ending to a horrible story and SEES the sota self-destruct literally

why must he become a nazir does he not have a perfect example in his mind of where sin can lead??

Think about it . keep in touch

have a beautiful and peaceful and uplifting  DERHOIBENER HEILIGE SHABBOS

humble & FREILACH

bardichev
Last Edit: by teshuva.

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Jun 2009 17:24 #5908

• aaron4
Here's a simple answer to your question: knowledge is not enough, it must be put into action. 

We learn in Pirkei Avos "assu siyug la'Torah" (make fences to prevent transgressing Torah laws).  The purpose of an issur d'rabonon (Rabbinic prohibition) is to do just that.  But why do they have to impose an actual restriction?  Couldn't they just explain the importance of keeping the D'oraysah (direct Torah prohibition) and "show" us why it's so important?  We see that this is not enough, we have to act on it and make it part of us.

Applying this to lust, it is not enough to know intellectually that it's harmful.  We have to actively seek to guard ourselves from evil and to better ourselves with positive activities.  Go to meetings, post on the forum (and become a full member!), and actively participate in your own recovery.
Last Edit: by Warrior-of-holiness.

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Jun 2009 20:56 #5925

• Dov
  • Administrator
reb Aaron -

Here Here!!

Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by gye.

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Jun 2009 22:55 #5936

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Raboisai! I'm back from a most uplifting trip to the holy land in a long time. I feel like a new man. I just hope it lasts for a while.

I prayed for all of us on this site, that Hashem help us win are fight with the Y"H so that we can get closer to him are father in heaven.

I had the honor of meeting the Great & Holy Reb Yaakov Meier Schechter Shelita & he gave me a Hadracha to make it easier to stay in control & have an easier time with the Y"H, Kedusha, Shmiras Einaiem & that is to say the 100 Brochos every day with Kavono.

He said that you are saying it anyway, why not spend a few extra minutes a day saying it with kavono. many people he said have told him that it worked Miracles B'rachnius & B'Gashmius. Its not that easy to get used to focusing on it but its the easiest thing we can do & yet accomplish the most amazing powerful things.

I Got to read the hand books on the flights I now have to read it a second time.

I have to thank Hashem for sending me as bardichev calls him the "Heiliger Guard" with all of the Tzadikim on this site to the rescue. I Couldn't have goten this far without you.

I'm clean since Lag Bo Oimer B"H & I hope & Pray that I Hashem will help me stay on Guard as long as I live. So please try the 100 Brachos a day with Kavono & let me know how it went.

One who makes 100 berachos every day will find it easy to reach a proper level of Yiras Shomayim (Fear of Hashem). Maharsha Menachos 43b, Ben Yehoyada Menachos 43b, Sefer Mitzvas Meah Berachos intro.

The obligation to make 100 berachos daily is based upon the Gemara (Mes. Menachos 43b) which states that during the reign of Dovid Hamelech 100 people were dying in Yerushalayim every day until Dovid Hamelech discerned through Ruach Hakodesh that it was necessary to institute the obligation for every individual to bless Hashem a minimum of 100 times each day, after which the plague ended.  Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Berurah 46:3, Midrash Rabbah Par. Korach 18:21, Tur 46

Dovid Hemelech based the obligation on the possuk in Parshas Eikev (Devarim 10:12) "Ve'attah Yisroel Moh Hashem Elokecha Shoel Mei'imach Ki Im L'Yirah Es Hashem Elokecha...." ("Now Israel what does Hashem your G-d ask of you? Only to fear Hashem your G-d"). The word "Moh" may be read as "Meah", meaning 100. The possuk then reads: "Now Israel 100 (berachos) does Hashem your G-d ask of you." Mes. Menachos 43b see Rashi
{The possuk subsequently has a total of 100 letters, and 26 words - equal to the name of Hashem Yud Hey Vov Hey}

The obligation to make 100 berachos daily is based upon the Gemara (Mes. Menachos 43b) which states that during the reign of Dovid Hamelech 100 people were dying in Yerushalayim every day until Dovid Hamelech discerned through Ruach Hakodesh that it was necessary to institute the obligation for every individual to bless Hashem a minimum of 100 times each day, after which the plague ended.  Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Berurah 46:3, Midrash Rabbah Par. Korach 18:21, Tur 46

Dovid Hemelech based the obligation on the possuk in Parshas Eikev (Devarim 10:12) "Ve'attah Yisroel Moh Hashem Elokecha Shoel Mei'imach Ki Im L'Yirah Es Hashem Elokecha...." ("Now Israel what does Hashem your G-d ask of you? Only to fear Hashem your G-d"). The word "Moh" may be read as "Meah", meaning 100. The possuk then reads: "Now Israel 100 (berachos) does Hashem your G-d ask of you." Mes. Menachos 43b see Rashi
{The possuk subsequently has a total of 100 letters, and 26 words - equal to the name of Hashem Yud Hey Vov Hey}

Since "all that Hashem wants of us" is the 100 berachos  "this Mitzvah is very great and awesome with very deep meaning". Seder Hayom Seder Meah Berachos

The obligation to make 100 berachos daily begins at nightfall (Tzeis Hakochavim) and continues until nightfall the next day. Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Brurah 46:3, Siddur R' Yaakov Emden, Piskei Tshuvos 46:9

On a typical weekday one can fulfill the count of 100 berachos as follows;

1-5.        Five berachos of Shema in Maariv
6-24.      Nineteen berachos in Shmona Esrei of Maariv
25.          Hamapil, when going to sleep
26-28.    Netilas Yadayim, Asher Yatzar, Elokai Neshoma in the morning
29-43.    Fifteen daily morning Berachos
44-46.    Three Birchas Hatorah. (counts Veha'arev Noh as a beracha)
47-49.    One beracha on Tzitzis/Tallis, 2 on Tefillin
50.          Mikadesh es Shimchah B'rabim (before Korbonos) {not mentioned in MB}
51-52.    Boruch She'amar and Yishtabach
53-55.    Three berachos of Shema at Shachris
56-74.    Nineteen berachos of Shmona Esrei of Shachris
75-93.    Nineteen berachos of Shmona Esrei of Mincha
94-95.    Al Netilas Yadayim for 2 meals a day
96-97.    Hamotzie Twice a day
98-105.  Four berachos of Bircas Hamazon twice a day
106-107. Hagafen on the Kos beracha after Bircas Hamazon twice a day
108-109. Al Hagefen after Kos beracha twice a day
Plus - any additional berachos before and after eating food outside of a bread meal, a 3rd bread meal, and berachos of Asher Yatzar after using the bathroom.

Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Brurah 46:3

I got the Halochos from "Dailyhalacha@aol.com"  sign up & you will get a Daily Halacha Email. its great!

Last Edit: by X Addict 2.

Re: bardichev's battle 09 Jun 2009 17:32 #5977

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Welcome back Tzadik!
I will try to share Rabbi Shechter's Eitza with everyone on our Shimars Ainayim list (360 members).
Yasher Koach.

May Hashem give you the strength to go Mechayil el Choyil!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Yehudi Avud.

Re: bardichev's battle 10 Jun 2009 12:12 #5997

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Heliga Bardichiver, you are a fulfillment of the pasuk in Ycheskal "behold I will bring to you a "ruach" and you will LIVE". Your spirit is breathing LIFE into my dry dead bones!!! Please I beg u don't stop;)

Reb Aaron your pshat in the nozir/sota hit me on the head - all my insight and understanding is nothing if I'm not going to actively take steps necessary for my recovery- as is tirelessly pointed out on this site "lo ha medrash ikur ela  hmaaseh!!. 
Easy to post but oh so difficult to put into practice!!
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2009 14:57 by TV.

Re: bardichev's battle 10 Jun 2009 12:21 #5999

• rashkebehag
I was just going through these posts for the 1st time, many of the members are familiar to me. I just wasnt to know what is this about full member, newbie, and all the other titles. I see berdichev, my good freind, just got promoted. What does it mean?
Last Edit: by ToAdd.

Re: bardichev's battle 10 Jun 2009 13:52 #6008

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Rashkebehag,

It has to do with the number of times you've posted.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by siyatadishmaya.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes