Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 171740 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 20 May 2009 23:53 #5119

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think you should give out a book called "The Battle For Bardichev" with all these posts included after a year milestone. (at least for this forum)

as I read up more about your story, on April 20 you write "Is this normal? Is it normal that I keep on checking GUE all day?"

I have to tell you that I have lost or not made lots of money so far this week because I can't get off GYE. and because my work is based on hourly fee, I didnt get more then a total of 4 hrs. of work done this week.

but its ok because,

A. I have spent just as much time in the past loosing money to worthless dirt & garbage stuck on or "In" the Yetser Horas "WEB" or "NET".

So I hope Its a way of Teshuvas Hamishkol spending time on just the opposite. like Reb Shlomo would say. Holy of Holy, Sweet of the Sweet, Deeper then Deep! And,

B. Its Hashem that gives parnoseh not work. (as long as your for real) so we have to focus first on what we will be taking with us in the world to come & only after that can we bother with the short time we are down here.

Ashrecho Yisroel
Last Edit: 21 May 2009 08:58 by Attendthetale.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 09:01 #5127

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Replacing one unhealthy addiction with a new HEALTHY addiction -GYE  ;D

But once you feel a little more stable, GET BACK TO WORK!

Im Ain Kemach, Ain Torah.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by nevertolate.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 15:52 #5139

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Guard! Will Do!

I promised myself I will not checkout this site (GYE) today until I get a few hours of work in. but I'm addicted.

I might have to take the 12 steps just to get this one under control. lol)

Bardichev,

I have not heard from you today yet. Its OK ,I understand that you have work to do but please don't make us hold are breath for to long.

Just a line or 2. take a few min. and make the world a better place so that its manageable.

Ashrecho Yisroel!
Last Edit: by dasaldvar.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 16:07 #5142

• the.guard
Efshar Litaken,

I have the same problem. I have to literally pull the plug of the modem out of the wall and make a kabbala not to put it back in until a certain hour of the day, if I want to get any work done.

2. Since you and Barditchev have such similar souls, why don't you become each other's accountability partners for the long term? Send each other e-mails each day of Chizuk and letting each other know how you're doing... See tool #9 of The GuardYourEyes Handbook
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by guardedjew.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 16:20 #5144

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to.

I will try to digest it.

I'm still afraid since this (past hopefully) dark side of my life is/was between me & myself.

This forum is great for one of the reasons that we can open up yet stay hidden.

I'm afraid who I will meet on the other side of the line.

For now I will try to Stay/Become a Tzadik Nistar. lol

Maybe one day I will be more comfortable with myself to be Nisgaale.
Last Edit: by bigtalker613.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 16:24 #5145

• the.guard
Many people have accountability partners through anonymous e-mail addresses, like efsharlitaken@gmail.com - so it remains anonymous.

When you are ready, you might want to talk on the phone too, but that is not a must.
Last Edit: by chaichai36.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 16:34 #5146

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
will Do!
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 21:41 #5159

• bardichev

I wanted to share a very important machshava.
It is a very very important lesson
from the Heilige Chofetz Chaim

There was once a very rich man that had a huge mansion with a "hoif" there was his large family a lot help maids servants workers "orchi porchi" .This man was very generous and was a big machnis oirach.
One day he realized that stuff was missing cutlery, money, art, clothing etc.

The wealthy man stared to get suspicious so he called in a private investigator to get to the bottom of it and find the criminal. The actual robber who was one of the hired staff in the house sensed that a detective was called in. He immediately stopped his thievery.

He even went so far as to HELP in the investigation. The detective didn’t catch anyone and the stealing stopped. Things calmed down and the home owner forgot about the entire incident. When all was calm for a while the stealing started gain.
Says the Heilige Chofetz Chaim, This is called an inside job. Be very careful that you don’t mistake real honest HIRHUEI TESHUVAH for an inside job.
The Yetzer Horah knows that there is a certain bottom that you don’t want to hit.
So He gives you the freedom and he actually helps you do teshuvah .Only that he should be able to get you down again.

Be careful .many times we were misgaber on the Yetzer Horah .Make sure it is not an inside job.
Last Edit: 21 May 2009 22:33 by DL.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 22:09 #5162

• the.guard
I sense you are saying something deep, but I am not fully getting it. Can you give an example of what Teshuvah is really "an inside job"? What should we be wary of exactly?

Thank you!

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 22:40 #5167

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
If I may

He is trying to say I think, that sometimes like what I'm going through now we feel great or in my case I can start crying to hashem with charoto & that makes me feel like wow! I am back! now let me go on to regular life.

But that can be the Y"H's plan too.

He wants you to get over it fast so that you relax and don't take the necessary steps to fight him long term.

So he helps you do teshuva, he helps you cry yourself out so that the next day you feel like you are good to go, but you are not! you still need to put in a lot more effort in order to hold up long term.

the more times he can get us to fall the better chance he has that we will eventually give up & then we are in his sack to stay.

So we need to stay focused for long after are initial teshuve. not being too satisfied that we are now safe & lower are guard.

As much as we have to feel good about the heights we reached we also have to make sure we are not to comfortable with ourselves.

I did ramble a bit to much, but I hope I got it right.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last Edit: by thegreat131.

Re: bardichev's battle 21 May 2009 22:48 #5168

• the.guard
Oh I see! Yes, that's very true. Thanks to both of you for pointing this out...
Last Edit: by needshelp22.

Re: bardichev's battle 22 May 2009 06:18 #5182

• Ykv_schwartz
Efshar Letaken,

You stole the words from my mouth.  You said it precisely the way I understand it. And the truth is that I believe that this yesod from bardichev is one of the MOST important for people like us.  So much of my 15+ years of battle revolved around not realizing this was an "inside job".  I went through so many periods of ups and downs as described by Efshar Letaken.  Every time I did intense teshuvah, I felt "cured" and went back to life as usual.  I did not grow in my avodas hateshuvah.  I did not grow in my yiras shamayim.  I did not grow in my shemira from the Y"H.  I did not continue to beseeach Hashem for help.  I did not continue to address the concept of self change.  I did not grow in kedusha.  In my mind, it was all over.  The Y"H was gone.  Why worry about him?  He is dead.  But in truth, it was an "inside job".  He was still there deep within my heart.  He sat there patiently waiting for me to forget the whole episode.  And then he would attack.  I would be taken off guard, feeling hopeless and powerless, and would just give in. 

There was one point in my life (2001) I was going to therapy.  One of the reasons I stopped going was because I felt it was futile.  Why bother?  I no longer desired p**n.  I felt so "cured".  My shemiras eynayim was great.  I felt great.  And so after three visits with the therapist, I stopped going. And the Y"H was probably laughing away.  He waited six weeks for me to forget.  And then he pounced upon me without any warnings; I was goner.

But, B"H, I have learned from mistakes.  I have learned the hard way to realize he is still there.  As we like to say, "we are always an addict".  I do not believe it went away.  And I continue to be conscious of my past shortcomings.  I do many things in my daily routine so that I will not take my eye off the ball, and that I can continue to grow. 

If one cannot understand this yesod, they may have never experienced it. Which is fine.  We are different people and all of our struggles are not always the same.  But I do think this yesod is something many on this forum have expressed, including myself. But those of us who did experience it are terrified because of it.  And so, we fortify ourselves properly, continue to do investigations and ask help from Hashem to activate results. 

Once again, thank you bardichev for relaying this yesod in such simple terms.  It is always good to get a reminder of this.  In fact, if you could remind of this yesod once a week, I would have lots to thank you for.

Re: bardichev's battle 22 May 2009 14:08 #5200

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Ah gevaldig !
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com
Last Edit: by humble.

Re: bardichev's battle 22 May 2009 19:02 #5204

• Efshar Letaken
  • Platinum Boarder
Yakov,

Exactly! Very Well Put!

I wish I were able to explain it that well.

BTW I love your incite on all the posts I have read thus far. it sounds very professional.

have a Gr8 Shabbos my new anonymous Family & Dear Friends.
Last Edit: by davidngu613.

Re: bardichev's battle 26 May 2009 21:39 #5339

• bardichev
Day 69 tomorrow 70 bli ayin hora .Is this true??
or am I dreaming??

thank you Heilige GUARD.

thank you for giving me my life and my Yiddishkite back to me.

look how you are making baaley teshuva every single day.

you are avery special person.

YEHI MASKURTAICH(AH) SHLAIMA MEI-IM HASHEM
humble and happy
bardichev
Last Edit: 26 May 2009 21:52 by בידו אפקיד רוחי.
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes